Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Woo stayed second overnight and I'm also up to Echelon 4, will get my Brachus achieve done as well now I have 3 of them.

Running out of Tux & Leaves though so I'll be down to whatever freebies you get by tomorrow I suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang I'm only on echelon 5 today. I don't think I'll be able to make a rare out of the echelon rewards, but I'll try.

Also I faced someone with 5 of the invitation epics. That is 105 invites. There is no way that was obtain legally.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

There is and I've done it, I just wouldn't recommend it.

I'm in echelon 4. I read somewhere if you're first in your echelon you actually get promoted twice. My echelons have actually been really intense compared to other people I've talked to so I've had no chance to do any of that.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Shwqa posted:

Dang I'm only on echelon 5 today. I don't think I'll be able to make a rare out of the echelon rewards, but I'll try.

Also I faced someone with 5 of the invitation epics. That is 105 invites. There is no way that was obtain legally.

Maybe he just spam forums like a moment. It happened a lot in the mid 2000s with those werewolf and vampire game.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 23, 2013

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?
This seems pretty cool and I'd love to be able to play it past the tutorial, but it crashes every time I try to load it after that part. Sucks, what I saw of it was awesome.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Yeah you do get promoted twice if you place first. The first night my group was insane and had people burn a bunch of IAP stuff for 40k points but the second night I placed first with only about 9k without using any nux bits and jumped to eschelon 4.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Clocks posted:

There is and I've done it, I just wouldn't recommend it.

I'm in echelon 4. I read somewhere if you're first in your echelon you actually get promoted twice. My echelons have actually been really intense compared to other people I've talked to so I've had no chance to do any of that.

That explains the 'double promotion' message I got, when I placed first. There was about a 2,000 point difference between me and second place, which I suspect was luck.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Jeebus, just got 8 or so voxite in a row from achieves after finally evolving a not so common after all unit which opened the floodgates for a pile of evolves I'd already managed. Opening the saved up 10 voxites at once got me 3 rares giving me 10 in total \o/ Thank chuff I listened to this thread/the ios thread and didn't just use commons as tiny bits of xp fodder.

All out of nux now, my pvp score is going to take a huge hit >.<

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Haha, congrats there. I've used maybe 500 voxite total, and only got maybe 8-9 rares? My friend used 40 earlier today and got two epics. I am a very deep shade of green right now. Especially because she bought a 10-build after that and got two more epics. I don't have the same kind of luck in these games.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Until those I'd never had a rare from Voxite but Pixite had given me three or so over my first couple of days, whoever said in the ios thread when this game first came up that they were much more generous with drops than other games was bang on the money.

And by doing that, I've already given them more IAP than any other game of this type, so win/win!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Ever since I stopped using the auto team formation and did it myself, and also payed attention to which units the PvP opponents have, my chances of winning have skyrocketed. Won 6th echelon yesterday and now have to fight to stay in 4. I have a manticore-like thing (Brickfoot) with great stats in the middle, bottom-right to top-left diagonal is high speed, good attack and a mage, top-left to bottom-right is good speed, high attack, left to right middle is good attack, lower speed but good mental, and top to bottom middle is high HP, low mental. So thanks for all the advice, and to other newbies, you can gain a huge advantage by, say, moving that mage out of the middle where the auto button put it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mozi posted:

Ever since I stopped using the auto team formation and did it myself, and also payed attention to which units the PvP opponents have, my chances of winning have skyrocketed. Won 6th echelon yesterday and now have to fight to stay in 4. I have a manticore-like thing (Brickfoot) with great stats in the middle, bottom-right to top-left diagonal is high speed, good attack and a mage, top-left to bottom-right is good speed, high attack, left to right middle is good attack, lower speed but good mental, and top to bottom middle is high HP, low mental. So thanks for all the advice, and to other newbies, you can gain a huge advantage by, say, moving that mage out of the middle where the auto button put it.

Yeah putting a low hp and defense monster in the center tile is a terrible Idea. The PVP reward unit is a great center unit. He has got a ton of hp.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I am absolutely addicted to this. Nth-ing that it seems very fair! Is there some part of the RNG that gives you a better chance for rarer characters if you drop more pixite at once, or is that just my imagination? Either way, signing up for an invite code in the doc.

What Fun fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 24, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

What Fun posted:

I am absolutely addicted to this. Nth-ing that it seems very fair! Is there some part of the RNG that gives you a better chance for rarer characters if you drop more pixite at once, or is that just my imagination? Either way, signing up for an invite code in the doc.

I seem to have more luck with 10 at a time. I have gotten about 5 rares from pixite and countless uncommons.

Also I looks like I'm gonna get first place in my echelon today. I might be able to get a Mucapor by the time this event ends!

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Shwqa posted:

I seem to have more luck with 10 at a time. I have gotten about 5 rares from pixite and countless uncommons.

Also I looks like I'm gonna get first place in my echelon today. I might be able to get a Mucapor by the time this event ends!

Are you Duax76, or are you in echelon 5 or 6? I'm currently sitting at 2nd place in echelon 4. Even if I get bumped to 3rd, the reward is still two Brasuses. Then that Mucapor will be mine!

As for build 1 vs 10 at a time, I've seen no difference whatsoever. Doing it one at a time, I once got like 13 Banunu in a row. That was pretty nice.

EDIT: I can't count, only won enough to get Brasus up to 4/5. Oh well, as long as I place 4th or 5th today, I'll win two more units (or ranking higher will just outright win me a Mucapor).

Duranki fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 24, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Duranki posted:

Are you Duax76, or are you in echelon 5 or 6? I'm currently sitting at 2nd place in echelon 4. Even if I get bumped to 3rd, the reward is still two Brasuses. Then that Mucapor will be mine!

As for build 1 vs 10 at a time, I've seen no difference whatsoever. Doing it one at a time, I once got like 13 Banunu in a row. That was pretty nice.

EDIT: I can't count, only won enough to get Brasus up to 4/5. Oh well, as long as I place 4th or 5th today, I'll win two more units (or ranking higher will just outright win me a Mucapor).

Wooooo I got first! I was in echelon 5 so I double promoted to echelon 3 today. I got a 3/5 Brasus with today's reward. I just need to get 5th or higher to get that Mucapor.

I'm kinda disappointed in the point rewards right now. I'm at 45,000 points right now. Getting a Laqip isn't too exciting because get that to rare require a TON of points.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah, anything past 50,000 that's worthwhile is out of reach. Still feeling good about how I'm doing, though.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Started playing this, then realised how it's pretty much a clone of the other card games from Mobage. The mechanics are all the same (well, most of them.)

With that said, I'll probably play for a while until I get bored of it, it's pretty neat.

Plum Chaser fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 24, 2013

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Loving the game but I have a problem.

I have self fused a few units but I have multiples of ashtad and other units that won't self fuse. I have a ashtad that self fused once and 2 that haven't. When I go to the fuse screen they are not listed there. I do have the filter either set to all or self fuse.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I wondered if a thread for this would show up eventually! It's really quite great for a F2P CCG-type game. I burnt out on it recently but I was crazy into it for a while, got up to level 26 before I stopped. I just jumped in again and checked out this PvP event, it's quite cool! Normally the random defender encounters are completely pointless, but this makes them meaningful.

I'll think of some tips and come back in later.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Raged posted:

Loving the game but I have a problem.

I have self fused a few units but I have multiples of ashtad and other units that won't self fuse. I have a ashtad that self fused once and 2 that haven't. When I go to the fuse screen they are not listed there. I do have the filter either set to all or self fuse.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Do you have the ashtad locked?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

My Echelon III is very rough.

1st: 22k
2nd: 21.5k
3rd 14.7k

And that is it for people that get promoted. Even 9th place has 7k. I'm at 9k and a bit worried about not getting promoted. All of mine so far have been pretty brutal. I think the real issue is I started playing about a day or two before the event so I'm playing a massive game of catch up. Lucky is seems most people below 50-60 only have 1-2 rares with a self fuse. Giving me a nice advantage since I've lucked into pulling 10 rares and I have 4 of them at 30. I still have issues keeping a chain of PvP kills longer then 20.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hahaha you think that's rough?

My echelon 3 is 140k, 38k, 23k. Guy in first place is 15th rank on the leaderboard (probably better than that by now). Not getting promoted but I already have a Mucapor I guess.

Speaking of, double promotion only seems to go to echelon 3 or else I got shafted. I got 1st place yesterday by a hair but I'm in echelon 3 still.

vvv yeah, I figured that out after it was mentioned someone got promoted from 5 to 3 today. I imagine today it will be possible for someone 1st place in 4th echelon to promote to 2nd.

Clocks fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 24, 2013

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Only 1 Echelon bracket opens per day the current highest is 3. If you look at the number 1 person hell the entire top 100 go on everyone is in 3, yesterday they were all in 4. The double promotion seems to let you play catch up if you were in a bad group the previous day or took the day off. There is no promotion for the last day.

The Double promotion isn't mentioned in any of the help for the even but the echelons opening is.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang, my echelon 3 is a cake walk compare to everyone else.
I'm in first with 15k. Second has 9k and third has 7k.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'm now in 4th with 20k, I'm far ahead of the rest of the pack and 3rd only has 21k I might get a rank up :toot:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Man, everyone is constantly talking about how easy their echelons are and I don't think any of my echelons required less than 20-30k to rank so far. And this current one has a top ranker in it. I used to have a bunch of nux bits saved up but I've burned through a lot of them just to make up the points.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I just had my first decent session since early morning and got lucky with a frenzy which bumped me up to third with 7.5 k points, however 9th has 5k so this one is going to tight. Timing sucks for a Euro as well, it finishes around 5am gmt so I don't get the chance to respond with a late nux push. Still hopefully by the time the next pvp event swings round I'll be swimming in nux so I van burn a lot more outside of level ups/time waiting.

I still haven't managed the 20 straight wins, I've hit 18 or 19 five or so times and it throws a choice of level 60+ multiple epic accounts at me without fail.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

Man, everyone is constantly talking about how easy their echelons are and I don't think any of my echelons required less than 20-30k to rank so far. And this current one has a top ranker in it. I used to have a bunch of nux bits saved up but I've burned through a lot of them just to make up the points.

I blew through my first couple but 3 today is brutal. As I'm 4/5 on my Brachus I'll just take the demotion today and finish him up tomorrow.

I had a question about items, I gave a weapon to my main guy (manticore-type) under the impression that he might get two attacks, but it seems to override his normal attack when it procs. Could someone explain how item skills and unit skills interact again, please?

VVV Cool, thanks! Did not know you could time out on purpose, I've fought too many hopeless battles.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 24, 2013

Jobe
Dec 31, 2005
I've been playing this game a while so I figured I'd chime in with some tips.
  • Sometimes you will get a bad draw in your PVP battles such as a team of full epics. If you wait 10 min and let it time out you may have an easier time.
  • The key is not to lose your streak, that bonus is huge compared to what you make in your first 5 or 10 rounds.
  • If you do get into a close battle but think you will lose, just make sure you don't use all your fighters/finish the round 3. Always make sure you have 1 fighter remaining going into round 3 as an escape. If you can't win just let it time out and hopefully you can win your next set of matches.
  • With the auto arrange function the best units are usually placed in the center and corners, try to fight against people's 3,6,9 and 12 o'clock units as they are usually the weakest.
  • After using your own auto arrange function try to switch out any mage or or other units with low HP. You can look at units in order of how much HP or Attack they have so it would probably be better to use those first.
  • As far a buying gear goes try to go for either the Speed items that give you Preempt, or the Attack items. Having your first swipe get a free attack from preempt and taking out one of their units can easily swing the battle in your favor. I usually use Preempt items on my corner units, and have an Attack item on my center since he hopefully hits something very hard every swipe.
  • This may not be as useful to people who just started this week, but if you have any units with a natural counter put them in your first attack swipe to try and give back some damage to the enemy.
  • Also try not to fight scorpions or that earth butterfly thing, they will mess you up. Having a knowledge of what the units are and how hard their abilities hit takes time, but you will eventually learn which ones to stay away from.
  • When you first get into a bracket check out who else is in your group. If there are several people with a team of 3 or 4 epics and you were hoping to get a top spot it may better to bide you time and not waste your precious Nux. Only use what you regen naturally and hope for an easier group next time around.
  • Also don't waste your G.L.U.!!! That stuff is precious and you can only get it from bosses or the store. It isn't useful for this event, but don't use it during normal questing. The same goes for Duct Tape, but that is slightly easier to acquire.
  • I personally haven't bought anything in this game, but often times during the last day of two of an event they cut prices on things like Nux and Bitters, or have other special deals. Therefore if you want to stock up or resupply sometimes waiting can pay off. You can always use them for the next event which will most likely come a day or two after this one ends.

edit: Another tip I just found out recently: If you don't have a 2X XP boost active, press back after the DEFENDER pop-up but before actually starting your PVP battle. If you have extra energy (which you should under normal regen timing) try to advance until you get one. It will then apply it to your battles and you will get tons of points.

Jobe fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 24, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Mozi posted:

I blew through my first couple but 3 today is brutal. As I'm 4/5 on my Brachus I'll just take the demotion today and finish him up tomorrow.

I had a question about items, I gave a weapon to my main guy (manticore-type) under the impression that he might get two attacks, but it seems to override his normal attack when it procs. Could someone explain how item skills and unit skills interact again, please?

Gear has a 10% chance to proc a skill (weapons have Smash, +speed items have preempt, and so on) and this increases to 30% with a 5/5 SEF. When gear skills proc, they replace a fighter's normal attack. However, they don't override the chance for the fighter to use its own skill. So if you're lucky, you might get the weapon skill proccing, and your own fighter's skill proccing on the same turn.

Some skills can proc and not override turns though, and this is usually support skills that work at the beginning of a turn (enspirit).

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
So if my fighter's attack is more powerful than the weapon's proc, I should give him something like Preempt or Enspirit instead, yeah?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

drat it! I gambled on a fight worth 2,000 points. It got down to the wire with my stronger faster unit being the only one left and only need 1 hit to win. The enemy unit got preempt and their magic skill and I lost. The enemy mage wasn't even a high self fusion so with a max speed item the odds of that happening where problably around 15% .

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I dislike how the game forces you to take breaks for your energy/attack thing to regen..

I just want to powerlevel myself goddamn :colbert:

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
It took me a while to figure out that your monster level doesn't reset when you evolve them, just drops by a few. This is very useful.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
God drat am I having a hard time getting a streak higher than 9. I can handle myself until I get up against a team of rares that are all 30+ at which point I get destroyed.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

It took me a while to figure out that your monster level doesn't reset when you evolve them, just drops by a few. This is very useful.

Yeah, typically you may lose two or three levels when your monster evolves. Makes way more sense to level up your monster beforehand, when your Ikuppi's and Banunu's give you more bang for your buck.

I'm still struggling to hit a 50 streak. The most I've managed to get it 32 or 33.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man this echelon has me on the edge of my seat. I was 10k ahead of second place, but all of a sudden 4th place managed to pull 18,000 points out of his rear end. Now I'm only about a few hundred points in the lead.

Edit: Yes! I got a 2x fury and put myself at a 5k lead.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 25, 2013

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Shwqa posted:

Oh man this echelon has me on the edge of my seat. I was 10k ahead of second place, but all of a sudden 4th place managed to pull 18,000 points out of his rear end. Now I'm only about a few hundred points in the lead.

Edit: Yes! I got a 2x fury and put myself at a 5k lead.

Yeah, I had a comfy 4000-point lead in mine, then logged back in ten minutes ago to find myself in second. Back up to #1 by about 600 points with fingers crossed that they don't log in again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Last place with 7.5k points, wasn't dropped though due to the way they are moving echelons around. Will use what nux I have left today to try ranking up to shoot for a rare tomorrow.

Area 2 gives 34-36xp or so, big whoop considering how big the next level number is getting :v:

• Locked thread