Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

My bracket was down to the wire, I posted earlier about the crazyness.

Snagged 3rd place :smug: The entire thing was close, last place had 28k.

I pulled ahead with less then 30 seconds to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Woop! Won echelon 6 in my bracket. 8k points did the trick. Not too shabby for my first day. Hopefully I can snag the last two sword rat things I need to evolve my sword rat to rare status tomorrow.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I'm amazed at how much I simply don't hate this game. It wasn't super weird, I managed to figure out most of it on my own, and it's just good fun. Also, it's an RPG with a fight timer auto-set to Max Speed.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well it took almost all my bp items, but I got first place in echelon 3 today! This rare is awesome! I only have it at level 8 but it already has 1k hp, 850 attack, 450 defense, and 350 speed. As long as I get 5th or higher tomorrow ill snag myself another rare.

It also looks like I will be getting a bronze crown for the event.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 25, 2013

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
How do you claim rewards for placing in an echelon? I just took 3rd in my echelon 6 bracket and I think I should get a brazus for it according to the prize table but I can't figure out how.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Scroll down to the bottom.

Jobe
Dec 31, 2005
Got second place in my Ech III battle, not looking forward to Ech II though. Doubt I'll be able to build my Mucapor any higher than 1/5 SEF, but that event rat is shaping up pretty well, hopefully I'll be able to gimmick my way to 200 wins and get another one.

edit: Looks like other than someone with a full 9 epics my bracket isn't looking too bad, might be able to hit 2nd or 3rd.

Jobe fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 25, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man those stat increasing skills aren't messing around. I finally got a unit that can up attack with an adept skill. It is a 600-800 point increase for the rest of the battle.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

My Echelon II looks like it'll be easy, only 1 person has an epic and its the referral dragon and they are rank 60. Everyone else is sub rank 25. Hopefully I can use this to save some BP items for Echelon I. Watch a few people decide to drop $100 and cockblock me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh poo poo I am toast this echelon. A level 162 already has 20k points. If that wasn't bad enough the there are 4 other level 100+ players in this echelon. And I only got 4 bp items left, so I might just sit this round out and hope for something better next round.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

D is That Guy posted:

Woop! Won echelon 6 in my bracket. 8k points did the trick. Not too shabby for my first day. Hopefully I can snag the last two sword rat things I need to evolve my sword rat to rare status tomorrow.

Rat things are really good, especially evolved rat thing.

Also, on top of noticing the thing about only losing a few levels when evolving, I also noticed tonight that the max level increases with each self-fuse. That's good to know.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Rat things are really good, especially evolved rat thing.

Also, on top of noticing the thing about only losing a few levels when evolving, I also noticed tonight that the max level increases with each self-fuse. That's good to know.

Self fusion increase stats, level limit, and the chance of the skill going off. Basically it is a free level up. Then you can get 6-10 more levels up. And then your ability happens more often.

And yes the lion is awesome. The rare version is better than my epic invitation monste

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 25, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Can people stop calling it a rat when it's most obviously a cat?

Hell the other version of it starts off as a pretty unmistakable lion thing.

http://i.imgur.com/h1bdd4R.png

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Thanks to an extremely lucky set of battles, I'm sitting on a 15 streak, and first place in echelon 4 in my bracket with a 2k point lead. If I can hold this spot ill be able to evolve Brasus tomorrow.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
I keep forgetting you can do this, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was news to some of you: before each round of defender battles, you can press the < and > buttons to choose between three different opponents.

Seriously, I've forgotten and remembered this at least twice now.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So without spending money, what do I do when My box gets full? I am self fusing everyone I can, and feeding the trees to my rare dudes, but I still only have like 10 spaces left. What am I missing?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Snowmankilla posted:

So without spending money, what do I do when My box gets full? I am self fusing everyone I can, and feeding the trees to my rare dudes, but I still only have like 10 spaces left. What am I missing?

I'm curious about this too, i am choking on commons and generally a trip to the builder means I'm swapping them into a single empty space at a time to fuse new things. What monsters are worth keeping around to self fuse vs just feeding into better dudes for small xp increases?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

You party limit increases by 1 each level. Other than that you got to pick and chose which units you want to keep.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 26, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It has taken me waaaay too long to realise I could sort by self fuse and power fodder when fusing, the amount of time I've wasted roaming back and forth through my inventory even when set to newest >.<

Jobe
Dec 31, 2005
One tip i'd give is to save your pix/vox up and build in batches of 50 or 100 if you can. At that point you should be able to single out 6 of 1 unit and turn it into an uncommon. Try not to keep any commons in your band and just let them sit in the cache until time runs down. If you can't use them before they time out, just fuse them into one of your rares or uncommons with the same element. Most commons build into pretty crappy rares, so you're not losing out on too much even if you use them as fodder bait. I have about 25 open slots with around 300 monster in the cache. Then again I'm around lv 130 and it wasn't until about lv 80 or so that I felt I had enough room to play around with.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
I've only ever been able to draw 1 or 10 at a time, never more.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

He means draw 50 or 100 in sets of 10 at once.

If you're not willing to buy pavilions you'll have to do cache management. Fill up your inventory with ikkupis or something you can get rid of easily and then use up all your pixite/voxite/whatever. Everything should go to the cache. Keep track of which fighters in the cache you have 6 of and take those out to self-fuse into an uncommon. Rares can stay in the cache indefinitely.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Can you move units into the cache from your inventory or is it a one way process?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Jobe posted:

One tip i'd give is to save your pix/vox up and build in batches of 50 or 100 if you can. At that point you should be able to single out 6 of 1 unit and turn it into an uncommon. Try not to keep any commons in your band and just let them sit in the cache until time runs down. If you can't use them before they time out, just fuse them into one of your rares or uncommons with the same element. Most commons build into pretty crappy rares, so you're not losing out on too much even if you use them as fodder bait. I have about 25 open slots with around 300 monster in the cache. Then again I'm around lv 130 and it wasn't until about lv 80 or so that I felt I had enough room to play around with.

What do you mean the cache? And what Time out? I am only a day in, and I guess I don't know poo poo about this.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
The cache (left option under more) is where units go when you don't have room for them in your band. When a unit goes into the cache, it stays there for 7 days. If you don't move it into your band within 7 days it disappears.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy Moly, I'm at an 18 combo, and did it under a 2x frenzy. That's helped to shore up my lead a bit in echelon 4. If I can hold on for 4 more hours I'll add a muckapoor to my stable and then I'll be happy being outclassed in Echelon 2 for the final day. I just want another rare to add to my growing collection.

I also got my rare swordratcat. That thing has better stats at level 7 than my other rares do at level 30. Wish I'd saved a couple bananus.

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 26, 2013

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

You'll eventually have more rares than you'll ever do anything with. They'll come in handy when the game inevitably has another element-specific EDGE event.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

D is That Guy posted:

Holy Moly, I'm at an 18 combo, and did it under a 2x frenzy. That's helped to shore up my lead a bit in echelon 4. If I can hold on for 4 more hours I'll add a muckapoor to my stable and then I'll be happy being outclassed in Echelon 2 for the final day. I just want another rare to add to my growing collection.

I also got my rare swordratcat. That thing has better stats at level 7 than my other rares do at level 30. Wish I'd saved a couple bananus.

Well hopefully with the echelon 2 bonus per win you can snag a few more bananus. Mucapor has slightly worse attack and defense but much higher hp and speed compared to the lion.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, I think I have almost 80 rares right now. They do have some use in sign/tribe events. Unfortunately I also have a lot of rares/uncommons that I will never get to evolve because they were event-based. And I haven't had any luck getting epics. :shobon:

I have a Mucapor. It's all right but not necessarily better than other heavy hitters I already have.

e: I guess that's not true. I have a 4/5 SEF (level 54) Bikili - a tier 2 rare that will evolve into an epic once I have one more uncommon to make one more rare - that has slightly worse stats than the level 30 Mucapor (their stat build is nearly identical). So yeah, it's a good fighter if you get one!

Clocks fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 26, 2013

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Yeah, I'm afraid to delete my event-specific fighters for fear the game will eventually recycle them in future events.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, somewhere down the line. They've released a lot of new fighters each event (many are recolors, which I don't mind) and they can't keep doing that forever. Does a Japanese version of this game exist already? Then they would have a backlog. I'm actually surprised at the amount of animations there are (walking, attack, win animation, etc).

The annoying thing is that some new fighters have good stats, but if they're unfused then the 10% proc rate is really low. I think I would rather have 30/70% chance than a fresh 10%.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Firstly, this game is a lot of fun, thanks for bringing it to attention. I double promoted yesterday up into Echelon 2, so far I'm first place but second place is trying real hard to take over. At the very least I'll end in second and ascend to Echelon 1. That'll give me enough brasus' to evolve into his next form, huzzah.

Also I totally thought Lilamurine/Fainglory was a rat, I blame it on those round ears and the fact he looks like mickey mouse with sabers in his hands.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

So has any event ever used friends? Is there a point to them besides get 20 for the achievement?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

"Goodchild" posted:

Also I totally thought Lilamurine/Fainglory was a rat, I blame it on those round ears and the fact he looks like mickey mouse with sabers in his hands.

Murine means mouselike so i'm not totally sold on the lion thing.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It looks like my competition gave up around 8pm or so. the 2nd place guy hasn't gotten any more battle points in a few hours now. I'm increasing my lead, but it's nice not to have to use my bits or aja leaves.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Was rank #1 wayy ahead of everyone, went to bed, looked at it now (forgot about it during the day) and noticed I'm down to #7 with ~20 minutes left.. welp.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

I may actually make first place in echelon 3. I had around 180 nux bits when this event started, and I'm now down to about 80. Sometimes it's fun, being competitive :)

Jobe
Dec 31, 2005
Alas, I was in first place by around 30k in my Echelon 2 division before I went to class, then when I get back I'm down around 15k with 30 min to go. I tried to catch up but I spent around 120 energy without even running into any battles and then hit my Aja leaf limit :argh: I only ended up getting 1 Mucapor, but now I'm in Echelon 1 so we shall see how that goes. Hopefully I get matched with a bunch of slackers.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Duranki posted:

I may actually make first place in echelon 3. I had around 180 nux bits when this event started, and I'm now down to about 80. Sometimes it's fun, being competitive :)

I'm right there with you! I think I used 30 nux bits in just the last half hour to propel myself to 1st and fight everyone off. I will admit the item hoarder in me is crying right now.

My Mucapor is 2/5 SEF now and is pretty awesome. Well, I think. I haven't used him yet. I expect Echelon 1 to own my rear end (I always get into competitive echelons) but at least I got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Pulled into 5th with two minutes left and evolved my Brachus :woop: Unless I have a super easy bracket tomorrow that's it for me in this event. Fun way to start the game!

• Locked thread