Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

b0nes posted:

I would totally pay for a dog assassination service.

There was a song in Rent about this, if you'd like to pay a drag queen one thousand dollars for dog murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

b0nes posted:

I would totally pay for a dog assassination service.

Youremother posted:

There was a song in Rent about this, if you'd like to pay a drag queen one thousand dollars for dog murder.
There was also a Seinfeld episode where Elaine hires Newman to "take care" of a dog that keeps her awake.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

david puddy posted:

There was also a Seinfeld episode where Elaine hires Newman to "take care" of a dog that keeps her awake.

Pretty sure he meant like assasins who are dogs.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
A goddamned grapple-gun. SNAP OUT OF IT, science. It's about time.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
A Forex slot machine. Basically a slot machine lookalike that puts the money into extremely short-term, heavily leveraged Forex transactions without further input from the investor. It's not gambling, it's investing, so it's legal everywhere, and it's not that different from what a lot of idiot Forex traders do. A programmer teamed up with a brokerage firm could put out a web-based prototype in a month, but it could make millions assuming it isn't shut down.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

how about under-underwear? underwear that you wear under your underwear.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

isnt that right posted:

how about under-underwear? underwear that you wear under your underwear.

Oh man I'd never have to wash a pair of underwear again!

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

It's like a combination bowl/plate... but for people... and it's untippable. I was pretty hosed up.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Nice One Munro posted:

See-through toaster so you know when it's cooked to perfection.

This one exists.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Puppy Party Inc. You sign a waiver and pay a fee, and you get to go in a room and play with a bunch of puppies or kittens or the like. I'm talking a blanket of golden lab puppies.

You get 20 minutes for $20 or something like that. You could also combine this idea with beer, but in that case you'd have to give them a credit card before you start, and if you in any way hurt the animals you not only face criminal charges, you'd have to pay a massive fine and get dick-punched.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
How about this one that's gone through my mind, and I really think someone could try this to change the world:

Okay, so in high school science class we literally made water out of thin air. We piped oxygen and hydrogen into a beaker, then added fire, and the ignition chemically bonded the gases into pure water. Thinking about that, I later one day started thinking about chemical filtration, and learned that the technology is there to filtrate things to the elemental level. So my device would be set up in such a way that there would be a tank filtered to only take in oxygen molecules from the air, and another to only take in hydrogen. These would combine in the machine, and it would add the ignition to create fresh water in any part of the world. It occurs to me that in order to make this viable it would have to be very large, and likely expensive, but it is exactly the sort of thing that philanthropist groups could use to better all mankind in places where good, clean water is a scarcity.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Choco1980 posted:

How about this one that's gone through my mind, and I really think someone could try this to change the world:

Okay, so in high school science class we literally made water out of thin air. We piped oxygen and hydrogen into a beaker, then added fire, and the ignition chemically bonded the gases into pure water. Thinking about that, I later one day started thinking about chemical filtration, and learned that the technology is there to filtrate things to the elemental level. So my device would be set up in such a way that there would be a tank filtered to only take in oxygen molecules from the air, and another to only take in hydrogen. These would combine in the machine, and it would add the ignition to create fresh water in any part of the world. It occurs to me that in order to make this viable it would have to be very large, and likely expensive, but it is exactly the sort of thing that philanthropist groups could use to better all mankind in places where good, clean water is a scarcity.

But I don't think there is any free-roaming hydrogen floating around in our air: http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryfaqs/f/aircomposition.htm

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!
Yeah pretty much the only hydrogen compounds that show up in the air are methane (.0002%) and water vapour (depends on humidity 1-5%). One of those is already water, and the other one turns into water when you burn it(also CO2). It is possible to trap condensation for water, but anything else would require the atmosphere to be so entirely different that you wouldn't need a giant water plant, you'd need armor to protect you from the explosions.

Also there's already desalination as a high-cost, fairly universal water source.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

welp, didn't say I did WELL in science.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Instead of desalinating water, why don't we just inject ourselves with fish DNA so we can drink seawater???

DarkUltim8Hedgehog
Dec 5, 2012

The internal memory of the dashboard of cars should remember what height you like your windows rolled down to. It would just be a simple value to remember for each window, probably only requiring KB of memory. It's annoying to play around with the buttons and find the sweet spot every time, but of course I can't leave them at that height when my car is parked outside for security reasons.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
You know those guitars, that are like, double guitars?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Meaties: Just like the Wheaties cereal, but instead of bran flakes, there are actual dehydrated chunks of meat. The manliest cereal.

Be nice to me and maybe I'll buy you a cool car after I become a trillionare.

Also, Real Monkey Bread. Very similar to the baked treat you can buy in the frozen section of the grocery store, but my bread will have ACTUAL chunks of monkey in it. All kinds of monkey, too. I believe in truth in advertising. :colbert:

BigBallChunkyTime has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Mar 27, 2013

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
A dildo that has metal in it so that when youre done with it you can put it on one of those magnetic strips that you store kitchen knives on.

A dildo with a toothbrush built in do you can brush your teeth after you finish using it.

A dildo that plays the Imperial March them efrom Star Wars so when you use it you can pretend Darth Vader or whatever is loving you.

A dildo that's a flashlight too.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
A dildo flashlight with one of those batteries that gets charged when you shake it.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
You know how hippies are always complaining about cluster bombs because like 40% of their victims are children? My idea is for facial recognition software to be built into every cluster bomb. So if someone comes to investigate the bomb, it scans them and checks their history. If they're an enemy soldier, a civilian adult or a kid who's either an orphan or has recently been a naughty little poo poo, it detonates. Otherwise it stays put.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Odd posted:

Basically that. Used to work at a nuke power plant, there was a failure in a part, got primary coolant all over me. I don't know what actually happened to my shoes.

What kind of exposure do you get from coolant? Is it a case of "poo poo, now I'm gonna have to be careful not to stay under my safe dose limit this month", or is it "oh, poo poo, get me in a skin-flaying shower right now before my genitals drop off"?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Will it spoil me posted:

Guitars with saddles, necks, and heads that separate from the body in a single piece, so you swap out entire sets of strings that have been tuned to different keys without needing a bunch of guitars.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Leovinus posted:

What kind of exposure do you get from coolant? Is it a case of "poo poo, now I'm gonna have to be careful not to stay under my safe dose limit this month", or is it "oh, poo poo, get me in a skin-flaying shower right now before my genitals drop off"?

Primary coolant directly touches radioactive materials. Secondary coolant cools the primary coolant.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

VanSandman posted:

Primary coolant directly touches radioactive materials. Secondary coolant cools the primary coolant.

Does that mean Odd is secondary coolant?

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Puppy Party Inc. You sign a waiver and pay a fee, and you get to go in a room and play with a bunch of puppies or kittens or the like. I'm talking a blanket of golden lab puppies.

You get 20 minutes for $20 or something like that. You could also combine this idea with beer, but in that case you'd have to give them a credit card before you start, and if you in any way hurt the animals you not only face criminal charges, you'd have to pay a massive fine and get dick-punched.

I read an article about how some law school, during exam time, takes a bunch of puppies from the shelter to go play with law students to help them relax. It's a drat good idea. You don't have to be a law student to get stressed. I'd pay money to go play with a basket of puppies.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Bachelor Chow

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Will it spoil me posted:

:frogon:

SmokeyBakedHam
Aug 23, 2004
imitation meat substitute

Minarch posted:

A farm where all the animals are given real nice homes, then when they die of old age they're processed for their meat. Then people who don't want to hurt animals can eat guilt-free beef! And since nobody's actually *killing* the animals, the farm could provide rare and exotic meats, like gorilla and bald eagle. :911:

Basically, a zoo where you can just eat the animals as they die.

This sounds like a good idea but would actually produce very tough meat with a much higher risk of Mad Cow disease, which can only form in "older" cattle (which is 24 months- old for normal cattle raised for meat.)

But if it was next to a highway and you didn't put up fences? Infinite roadkill. Which is obviously guilt free.

SmokeyBakedHam has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Mar 28, 2013

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Florida Betty posted:

I read an article about how some law school, during exam time, takes a bunch of puppies from the shelter to go play with law students to help them relax. It's a drat good idea. You don't have to be a law student to get stressed. I'd pay money to go play with a basket of puppies.

My university has Therapy Thursdays, where stressed out students can come and hang out with dogs. It's an awesome idea.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Leovinus posted:

Not very much exposure at all, fortunately. I maybe picked up an extra mrem or 2 that day, no big deal. The problem would have been if any got inside me, or if I didn't get it all washed off of me. Over time it would have gotten bad, and it was mostly on my beautiful face so... But it was all washed off quick, none got up my nose or in my mouf or anything. I'm safe! Just with no shoes. Or pants. Or a shirt. Walking around cold concrete in your underpants in front of all your coworkers? Priceless

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Bird Internet

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Exists:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Is this an internet for birds? An internet about birds? An internet made of birds?

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

GruntyThrst posted:

Is this an internet for birds? An internet about birds? An internet made of birds?

You'll have to ask Kenneth Parcell.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
Something as cheap as a microwave but does the complete opposite. Got a warm six pack or a hot 2 liter bottle of pop? Throw that poo poo in there for 30 seconds and boom, instantly cold.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Luchador masks for your thumbs.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
A cell phone with a built-in drill.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Jonny Retro posted:

You are a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jonny Retro posted:

I will buy stock in this company.

• Locked thread