Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Joseph, please stop. Your scaring me. :ohdear: You've got so much to live for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Poorly, and with many spelling and grammar errors.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Now wait just a goddamn minute.

Namco should sue.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mercedes posted:

I don't... what..? isn't that the same picture? I don't get it.

Surprisingly, it is not! Miranda Leek's was very thorough and blatant in her intellectual theft.

Edit: And why the gently caress would rollercoasters be venomous (of all the things to get right, she said venomous instead of poisonous)?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So I've decided that books like this are too much a price to pay. Let's ban all the books.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

JosephWongKS posted:

Bonus Content

That roller-coaster dresses like a complete douchenozzle.

Huh, there's a sentence I never expected to say.

Another problem I have with this book. Why the gently caress does Rodney keep eating poo poo? HOW does he keep eating? Where do it go? Where does leave? Why wouldn't they run on electricity or something?

Another thing, wouldn't it make more sense for a ride to want someone to ride them? Instead of "trying to destroy the one they love most" or whatever the gently caress? I don't actually expect any answers to these questions but holy poo poo this is stupid in so many ways and on so many levels.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah, most of the :wtf: seems to come from the author being lazy and thoughtless. You could say that about this whole thing really.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Everything about this book is terrible and dumb. Why would the local PD call the FBI a giant monster anyway? Why not the Army? Why does the FBI have rocket launchers? Railrunner is lucky no one thought to get some armor piercing rounds from the local National Guard depot.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
See if you can spot the spelling error in Bobbin's post.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That's no a fun fact at all Iced Cocoa. :gonk:

Is it weird that it's all of the basic spelling and grammar mistakes that bother me the most about Twisted? It's just, she put this up for sale, and she didn't even have someone proof read it? Or even run it through a word processor's spellchecker?

JosephWongKS posted:

Who actually measures the size of a room by the number of “gymnasiums” they can hold? Are US gymnasiums of such uniformity in size that a reader can be expected to visualize how large is a room of “thirty gymnasiums put together”?

She's probably imagining a building for a high school regulation basketball court, which I think a lot of public high schools in the United States refer to as a gymnasium. I have no idea why you'd use that as a standard of measurement though.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 7, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What's a few tons, here or there?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey guys I just realized something hilarious. With the way the coasters are drawn, the field of vision for each eye wouldn't overlap. This means that they'd have no depth perception. And I think they would possibly even have a massive blindspot directly in front of them. Not exactly the qualities you'd expect in an apex predator or whatever the gently caress these things are supposed to be.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why do they even have clothing?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
And why the gently caress would loving amusement park rides build a loving civilization even remotely like ours anyway? Why the gently caress would the build buildings? How the gently caress would they build buildings? They have no thumbs THEY HAVE NO loving THUMBS!!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I love the Gilbert Gottfried/ spoiled toddler tantrum you guys have going on for Railrunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Iced Cocoa posted:

Oh, horrible pregnancy pictures? I'll take that up since I just discovered something new and horrifying about the pregnancy.

Hahaha check out the titty bananas.

• Locked thread