Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Perhaps it is not an actual prison but the bars behind which a bumper car sits, in which case... he really doesn't have cause to complain.

quote:

He tried not to think, but his will to not do so failed.

Just... don't think? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

:psyduck::gonk::barf:

Who published this?

Aug 24, 2011

Does he get with a lady rollercoaster? If so, how would that even work?

Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Credit goes to EagerSleeper for sending me the image of Rodney's were-roller-coaster form.

It's loving terrible. It's using the wheels as feet and toes. There's also a disproportionately large car sitting behind it.

Aug 24, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

For some reason the only review for Amazon.co.uk is a 5 star one:

Also holy poo poo they paid £12 ($18) for the paperback version. :psyduck:

This was written by the author.

Aug 24, 2011

I haven't clicked this because I'm not sure if it should have :nms: tags.

Also holy gently caress that woman's face :stonk: It's like the tattoo that one newly-wed goon got of his wife.

Aug 24, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

:ughh: :cripes: :suicide:

You're so close, you're so so close you have no idea.

Wait - did you voluntarily buy this book too?

Aug 24, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Talking about lazy and thoughtless, look at this:

I just realized what was bugging me about this picture. The thing is, he's wearing a coat. The problem is, there are four to six limbs that are under the coat. Someone makes this whole different monster kind of thing, then forgets all the real details about them.

Holy poo poo, look at the left side of that picture. I was only looking at the dressing gown-clad coaster on the right but he's reading a loving book.

e: and I thought his nostrils were his eyes on the left one. Actually looks a lot like a lazy panda.

Aug 24, 2011

quote:

'Shadowtrack'

:stonk:

I haven't actually looked at the picture, yet. I'm afraid that if I look I won't have a way to express the horror, and it will eat me up inside.

Aug 24, 2011

Clicked link :suicide:

Don't click it if you haven't.

:suicide:

I don't even understand how, why, what would entice anybody to draw that. Here, have a picture of a dog to clean your mind.

That rollercoaster drawing is a crime against humanity.

Aug 24, 2011

Ugh, gently caress. She didn't actually draw that, did she?

Let's get a dog out again.

Aug 24, 2011

Just making sure... she's writing a second one, right? At least she's doing what she loves - writing self-insert fiction about how she'd sleep with a rollercoaster if she could.

Aug 24, 2011

He has gravity control since he descended upwards. And also, it doesn't matter that Thunderdog asked him to stay outside because he can hear everything - that's another of his powers.

I wonder if we should make bets as to what power he gets next. I am going to go with "time manipulation", since it's not ridiculous enough already.

Aug 24, 2011

Oh jesus gently caress there's a picture of a rollercoaster in a wedding dress

And... and two of a pregnant rollercoaster, one of the pictures has another rollercoaster feeling the pregnant coaster's belly

why

e: OK, looks like the coaster in a wedding dress is pregnant too. Make that three of a pregnant coaster.

e2: Another pregnant coaster, I'm going to stop counting now

Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Links, please. Share the horror; that's what this thread is all about.

Click any of the deviantART links in this post:

horriblePencilist posted:

Place your bets!

Bonus: Miranda complaining about people complaining about sexualized anthros.

Bonus 2: This barely legible poster says Miranda published Twisted when she was 16. The Amazon page of the book claims she wrote it "with the tender age of 17". :psyduck:

Bonus 3: Miranda is doing a QnA. At least ask her semi-serious questions, the least we want is some goons cyberbullying her leading into the subsequent gassing of the thread.

Look on the right side and you can see the horror for yourself.

Let's save you some time

e: jesus loving christ there is a sex scene on there as well, find the rest yourself :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

loving hell. Have another Hitler dog.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 30, 2013

Aug 24, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

66 Chapters. We're close to being one third done with it.

There are two possibilities.

1. You are right and this will continue for ~40 more chapters and I should start finding some more dog pictures. (Unfortunately I could only find three of his dog drawings; I don't know if he did any more)
2. Surely, surely the book does not continue for that much longer. A few chapters more at most.

I don't know how you people find these things.

Aug 24, 2011

And it goes on for 40 more chapters? :psyduck:

:psyduck:

Aug 24, 2011

Phummus posted:

This sounds like a challenge. So lets all list our top 5 things we think couldn't possibly happen in the story.

1. Clare becomes Shadowtrack (Please christ loving no)
2. Detective Black returns (Please christ loving yes)
3. The Wizard of Yendor Rodney actually uses the powers he got in previous chapters to defeat Ironwheel
4. Ironwheel is actually just a giant wheel
5. Rodney dies

Aug 24, 2011

It's about as understandable as Shakespeare, albeit for an entirely different reason

Aug 24, 2011

quote:

I motioned for the door; it was by far the shabbiest; it being made out of rusted steel. I didn’t have to speak my language to open it, but as I did I
made a shocking discovery.

You didn't have to but you did anyway...?

Aug 24, 2011

Sindai posted:

I can't wait until he shows the sword to the others and they immediately gasp and identify as some kind of legendary magical sword that grants him further unnecessary superpowers.

I hope it has a name something like...the Railbliterator.

I'm going to go with some variation of "Blade/Sword of the Red", the "Red Blade", or something butchered with a thesaurus.

Aug 24, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

He can always continue the saga with Special Agent Captain. Especially given that we haven't seen the last of him.

And since you neglected to show the image at chapter 25, allow me.

A roller coaster who is totally not Railrunner at all. Find the differences!

This is really Euclidean.

Aug 24, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I thought his Necklace of MacGuffin meant he can transform when and however he wants to now?

He could probably do that already.

Aug 24, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

How to write a book that isn't poo poo

I am now genuinely uncertain as to whether those knives are a plot point or not.

Aug 24, 2011

Why do they need to breathe

Aug 24, 2011

attackbunny posted:

Admittedly he's cranky and has bones scattered around his throne room

The bones are all those of Railrunner's innocent victims. Ironwheel has been saving and reassembling them so that the mourning families of the deceased have something to bury. :unsmith:

Aug 24, 2011

attackbunny posted:

I think it's that they only bite Fallen at all. They're racist spiders.

You mean innocent heroes that bravely slaughter hundreds of evil civilians going about their daily business. :911:

Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Asking Railrunner to not do anything stupid? Might as well ask the rain to descend upwards or the Sun to revolve around the Earth.

Fixed. It doesn't sound so far-fetched, really.

Aug 24, 2011

this is so bad

Aug 24, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

My bet? Unlike human infants, rollercoasters are aware of their world and surroundings from birth, because they weren't enough of a Mary Sue race already.

Speaking of which, I took a Mary Sue Race Test for Miranda and her coasters as presented so far. A score of 11 or more indicates that your fantasy race is "Most likely a Sue race." Twisted coasters get 29 points! Congratulations Miranda! :downsbravo:

I applied this test to how I envisage dwarves and my constant reaction was "oh christ no".

Also how did you apply the rollercoaster attributes to this test? They get retconned every few chapters so I'm not sure if you're going by past or current.

Aug 24, 2011

Why doesn't Railrunner just slaughter people in the street and take their money?

Aug 24, 2011

tentawesome posted:

As a not-so-proud Tennessean, I can assure you that anything you've asked about has nothing to do with regional dialect and has everything to do with Miranda having no idea how people talk in reality.

So she's a FYAD poster?

Aug 24, 2011

Railrunner can travel through time, right? He's probably Ironwheel. No wonder everybody hates him so much - he even hates himself, which is the only good thing he's done over the whole book so far.

Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Good question. Maybe concussion beams are literal "beams" of wood.

The solution to logging -- a technology more advanced than any human's.

Aug 24, 2011

He lies down on the bed? On his side? And rolls onto his back? Isn't he a roller coaster? How would you do that?

Also, he drinks some water. Again - roller coaster. One glass of water hydrates a human, and he's... 100 times the weight.

Aug 24, 2011

quote:

Then I saw, a magic laser gun lying in the dirt. I picked it up and shot all of the bad guys, killing them.

"Wow, nice work there Railrunner" said Static. Yeah, you are a hero" said Merrylegs. "I just wish you didn't have to kill them all." she sighed.

How am I doing?

Aug 24, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

The picture for this chapter:

bahahahaha

e: just look at it holy gently caress

e2: ok ok no seriously think about it a human is supposed to fit into one of those seats so imagine how big the bed + equipment must be, then think about how big that equipment needs to be (i.e. a tenth the size) then look at the horse and :unsmigghh:

Aug 24, 2011

quote:

I popped my neck as I tried to get comfortable.

Railrunner does not possess a neck.

Aug 24, 2011

Augh christ what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

Mercedes posted:

Who's a bigger monster now? You or Railrunner???

A world with "technology that is far more advanced than any humans" does not have an emoticon sufficient to express my...

Well, it doesn't have a word for it, either. Horror? What's the thing that's a step above horror?

• Locked thread