Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Just goes to show you that first impressions aren't always correct; reading AuthorHouse's mission statements, it made me think that it was a grand and noble thing, that at least there are some places where one can publish in an author-friendly environment.

Then I remembered Twisted! got published thanks to this philosophy. To hell with them; burn it all down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Man, that coaster is a lot more gangsta than I had imagined. I bet that if it was animated, his rims would be spinning like crazy.

Edit: Also, "wittier than most."

John Lee fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 22, 2013

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Iced Cocoa, by way of JWKS posted:

So, her boyfriend is a monster. Just before he kills her she's taken by a carousel horse into a locked underground storage shed, where said carousel horse changes into a human, feeds her some unbelievable story, then tells her to hop on back to escape the carnival. Am I the only one who has any problems with that? Clare is a floormat, simply put.

Actually, this is one thing I didn't have too much of a problem with.

I mean, imagine your significant other changed into a rollercoaster before your eyes, and you were saved by a sentient, lone carousel horse who tells you that said other is a werecoaster. There is pretty much no other response to that other than "Uh... alright, then."

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Man, if I discovered I could move people's bodies with a thought, my first thought would not be to test a creature to destruction, just to see if I could. Like, this is getting seriously messed up. I was willing to give a pass on the multiple murders, because... hey, rage, UNSTOPPABLE ROLLERCOASTER POWERS, etc. It was poorly done, but one could make the excuse. But there's no excuse for "Whoa, I can move this mouse! *CRUNCH SNAP* AND I can break it's bones! Neato!"

• Locked thread