Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So about 6-8 months ago all my interior lighting went out. The fuse will instantly blow when I replace it.

My power windows stopped working about 2 months ago.

All signs are pointing to a short somewhere in the system, right? I'm going to check the wiring in the doors and the wiring around the visors as those seem to be most suspect. After that though I'm lost. I have a multimeter but don't know how to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Lights would most likely be a short to ground, yes.
Power windows could be an open AKA a break, in the wiring if it's not blowing fuses, or a problem with the master switch (everything runs through the driver's door switch.)

Problem with the interior lights is that there's like 10 of them in a civilian Panther. Overhead, visors, doors on some years, rear reading, front map. Those should have constant power going to them from that fuse, with the lights activated by grounding. I'm not sure if the cig lighter(s)/power point(s) are powered by the same circuit - that might be something to check as well. Tracking down a short can be a pain, especially since everything goes to ground in that circuit anyway if any of the lights are activated. Hinge points are a good place to check, though - as you say visors and door jambs.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I swear sometimes I think this car is cursed.

Its at least 12 inches long. Happened while parked in my apartment complex. Luckily I have full glass coverage so I'm getting a brand new windshield put on tomorrow.