Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Had the flashing CEL in my old V8 SHO, apparently a rear coil failed and raw gas was being dumped into the cat. I remember pulling over and seeing it glow red as the insides cooked.

Man, that was expensive. :(

Edit: In retrospect, I should have just changed the COP and had my friend weld in some pipe in place of the cat and added some more pollution in the air, but I had a shop do the repairs. $$$

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

T1g4h posted:

Oh hey, my state is getting all kinds of snow right now, probably a bad idea to be driving a RWD barge, right?

That car is badass. I'm kind of kicking myself in the rear end for getting a new 4 cylinder car and not a used CV. There's so many around here in the Detroit area.

I like the wheels. Please tell me you have a nice burbly exhaust on it.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

leica posted:

Tested my new foam gun on the Vic, it's fuckin' awesome. Gonna use it on the house too :v:

Is that an '02 Sport?

I'm pretty sure I saw a 2006 Sport(?) for sale once. Complete with a factory tach and console shift.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The 93-95 Taurus/Sable center console looks good in CVs (never mind the non matching colors). I've seen the shifter cutout converted into a handy storage bin.

Info Here

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Just crested 1,000 trouble free miles in the cop car. Its, uh...a wierd feeling for me.

Even my most horribly abused used Fords always went at least 4,000 miles between catastrophic breakdowns.

And they were Taurus's. :)

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

That first picture is boss as gently caress.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The police cars in my hometown have some pretty sage advice adorning their front fenders.

:3:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

cbx posted:

Surprisingly, no. I don't have any leaks that I can see, I've been checking the car for the last two days. No drips, no wet spots along the coolant lines, no holes in the radiator (which is still in decent shape).

e: Anyone in the Detroit/Warren area in this thread? If they can help me figure out how to do basic repairs and get my stereo playing again, I'll buy 'em dinner and a 6-pack of their choice.

What's wrong with your radio? Factory unit? Is it powering on but just no audio? I've had the internal amplifiers of a few 90's Ford radios go bad to the point where they just emit static.

P.S. I'm in Dearborn but I haven't wrenched on a car in probably 6 years. My repair skills were mediocre then, they're probably poo poo now.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 3, 2013

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

An LX sport for under 4 grand? Jesus.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Police radio antenna hookup maybe?

Edit: vvvv yeah, that! vvvv

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 10, 2013

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Has anyone put a coyote or ecoboost v6 in a panther? That would be way cool.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

11BulletCatcher posted:

No Panther should EVER have anything less than 8 cylinders.

How about the 6.7 Power Stroke? 400hp and 800 lb-ft of torque. :getin:

Honestly, panthers are so cool, all engine swaps become cool by default.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I changed the trans fluid in one of my cars years ago by dropping the pan, changing the filter and topping it off back to a normal level. Then I went even farther and unhooked the cooler lines. With the car running I had one bucket collect the discharge and another with clean fluid that the car sucked up.

It ended up being a huge clusterfuck and I got transmission fluid all over my dads garage floor. Wouldn't try it again, but at least I didn't gently caress up the car and it was a Taurus so the tranny was poo poo to begin with.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Delivery McGee posted:

Yeah, you can get an abused but still good for another 100k miles ex-city-PD '03 for $2500. Maybe less if you don't mind the dome light coming on when you honk the horn. I payed considerably more for mine several years ago, but it was a Highway Patrol car in really good shape (the wiring isn't butchered) and with relatively low miles/hours.

Is this some weird electrical voodoo common to these cars? I only ask because I had an awesome 90's Taurus in which operating the window switches would occasionally make the light in the door panel to activate instead of the windows.

It was especially good at doing this when trying to raise the window...oddly enough, right before a rainstorm.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

That is a pretty amazing bit of knowledge, and I'm sure, someone's worst nightmare when it comes to try diagnosis such wizardry.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Splizwarf posted:

Would be an effective way to figure out who the hell is actually honking in dense night traffic. :razz:

A different expression of anger on the drivers face each time the interior illuminates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Luxrage posted:

He's got the 5.8L police package motor, and I've only got the standard 5.0L.

That sedan is a proper G-Man ride. Very sweet.