Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Shade2142 posted:

It's annoying me that after Ragnar & co. kill about a 100 saxons with armor. They didn't steal and wear it themselves in the following fight.

I don't think they need the armour. They slaughtered those soldiers so easily.

Loving this season so far, it's really exciting and fast moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

As someone who really enjoys scripted historical stuff (Deadwood, Rome, Spartacus, Vikings, Black Sails, etc) I'm very glad Game Of Thrones blew up and became as huge as it is and hope every channel gives the genre a go. Not all are going to end up as good as what HBO (and now History) puts out though, unfortunately. Starz is a good example. For every Spartacus they've got a Camelot and a Davinci's Demons. Camelot was such a shame with probably the worst lead actor miscasting I've seen in a tv show and a complete waste of James Purefoy.

Vikings being History's first scripted drama series is pretty amazing when you look at the quality of the show so far and it's only getting better.

I've seen and loved all of those shows except for Deadwood so looks like I'll have to start that soon.

Camelot was terrible though. I remember posters here laughing about how badly they must have misused the budget because the castles always seemed so empty of people.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

VDay posted:

There were a couple of scenes that seemed to be clearly done for the sake of trying to trick the audience (like two characters alone that could have easily just been talking about the double-cross instead of vaguely talking about something while winking at each other), but I didn't mind them since the finale was still so good/rewarding.

Yeah there was way too much of that going on. But like you said, it didn't take away too much for the finale.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So does Ivar just get away with killing his brother?

• Locked thread