Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

How does The Last Kingdom compare to Vikings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Late, but I'll take it. I need more Rollo in my life.

Same but Lagertha.

Edit: actually, all of them really. There is not a single weak link in the cast.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

This was the best episode of the season for me. The actor that plays Ecbert is an absolute class act. And I could probably watch an entire episode of him and Ragnar drunk debating religion.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

From the internet:

"Prepare for leg, core, and arm soreness after a day of riding. Unless you prop yourself up against the fence with your horse half-asleep, there is no passive sitting in this sport. There is just no way to ride unless you engage your legs, especially the adductors. A rider has to "squeeze" these muscles to stay put in the saddle. The core must also engage to protect the spine and keep the rider upright.

The quads, hamstrings, and glutes all support the work of the adductors. They are also involved with the forward, backward, and lateral leg movement used to cue the horse. The glutes flex and tighten when you roll your hips down and forward to cue the horse to stop. Keep riding and you'll have a strong enough leg grip to straddle a jet ski or the mechanical bull at your friend's 21st birthday party. You're welcome."

There you have it, modern goons.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

"A snake pit for everyone! One in every home, for every family."

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Dalael posted:

Who's Hvitserk?

I too always forget who is who of the Ragnarsons outside of Bjorn and Ivar.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The History-ish Channel

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

In Dutch, the word kattegat can be translated as 'cat's anus'.

The more you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

His crippled state makes him even more terrifying, with the creepy crawling thing.

• Locked thread