Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Toffile posted:

No list of bad Kickstarters is complete without Lore.

It's just a giant cesspool of amazing.

Um, every other terrible thing about this aside, what the gently caress does Rome have to do with 300 Spartans? I would expect someone who wants to make a "game" like this to have at least a basic idea what the gently caress they're trying to do with their historical themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Zybourne Clock posted:

A Strap Pack is like a purse, but for men who for some reason have a problem with carrying an actual purse. To show how masculine this product really is, the project lead has named all of the reward tiers after military ranks, you get a special 'double 0' club card for being a backer, and the device's design is inspired by gun holsters. An actual phrase overheard in the video: 'better for your back, better for your masculinity'.

I'm not going to give this guy money, nor do I get the "selling masculinty" thing. But that actually looks like something that would be useful. Call me crazy, but modular ergonomic bags/storage actually seems like a pretty good idea.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

GrandpaPants posted:

Oh, yeah, the game seems to be focused on having romantic relationships with teenagers.

So yeah, I looked up the RPG that this is based on and :psyboom:

The whole game universe revolves around mecs powered by teenage sex--because, of course, the adults are all in stasis.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Otisburg posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun

almost 200 usd for one (1) copy of some high-concept RPG with a bunch of cards and horse poo poo

i mean people are going for it and it's going to fund, but it is also bad and stupid

That's an interesting enough concept that I might buy the main book if it were published and sold at the standard $50; $200 is insane.

The only RPG you should ever think of giving $200 to for one book is something published by Posthuman Studios, and then only because Eclipse Phase is awesome and Posthuman Studios Creative Commons everything they publish.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Xandu posted:

I don't really have any thoughts on this app except that their first example of somebody using it is to pay for emergency medical services.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/846824583/knoc-the-best-app-for-college-students-to-earn-mon?ref=category

There should be a crowdsourced emergency medical services app. Like Uber for ambulances.

"Mike in his red Nissan Ultima will arrive to save your rear end in 5 minutes..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Collateral Damage posted:

There are volunteer first responder programs in many places, which sort of work like that.

Yes, but have they been monetized yet? :911: :ancap: :911:

CommunistPancake posted:

i dunno, seems kinda neat

Scuba with an air compressor attached to a hose, no training required! That won't end badly for anyone.

ZombieLenin has a new favorite as of 20:34 on May 25, 2017