Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

Although black is thought to just be hex code #000000, or RGB 0/0/0; black encapsulates far more than just that, just as there are many many shades of "red" outside of just #ff0000.
So, what? A different shade of black? Wouldn't that be uhhhhh grey? Maybe a reddish-black?

How much do you wanna bet he ends up with a slight variant on rich black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Help this man publish his book on Amazon.

Terrible English, excusable on its own except he seems entirely capable of writing something legible based on his speech in the video. Terribly vague description and according to the video the whole thing is a way at "getting revenge" for some politician ruining his life. Part of the funds will go towards a copy editor, and boy does he seem to need one. He also hopes to get some time on Ellen or Oprah.

Rewards: $5. Feel good about yourself
$15. Meet for coffee and snacks! If not in SF Bay area, you get an email.
$25. Same as $15 but with a signed book. No mention of which book though. Maybe it will be something that is actually good?

Machai has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Mar 14, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

"Your smartphone becomes a gaming console!" Obviously the only thing that was preventing this was the lack of a hat.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

And not the article of clothing kind.

I was imagining one of those shady back-alley "salesman" with a big coat that has the merchandise hanging on the inside. "Pssst, hey! Wanna buy a PS3? I got the God of War special edition. Only fifty bucks."

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

Mean older brothers say she can't so my daughter's proving she can do what they can't - BUILD HER OWN RPG game AND pay for it!
So, us paying for it means she is paying or it? I'm confused.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

iPhone accessory extravaganza!

PowerGlove for the iPhone "Tight...but constricting."

Tired of your earbuds falling out? Don't buy actual headphones! Buy BUDSNAPS, the small, easy to lose solution to keeping your earbuds attached to your ears.

The first* iPhone/iPad/iPod curly power cord!
* I totally had one of these for years. In fact, there are several available right now on Amazon.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Oh my god, the logo for that FPS has a bullet hole instead of an O...I must give them all my money!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

unpacked robinhood posted:

This one wants 1000£ to print shirts:

Fair enough.

The 15£ reward will get you this fine piece of modern clothing:

did'nt get funded.

It is hard not to brighten up a grey t-shirt.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ludo plush! GIMME!

Also, it would be better if it were a full-sized Jareth body pillow.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Looking at his profile pic and what I assume is the main protagonist, he is making a self-insert anime.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The Incredible Ed posted:

It almost seems worth the $500 to send them a picture of myself wearing the most ridiculous thing possible and force them to make a terrible animation of me getting eaten and put it in their movie.

There is no limit put on that backing option, what if 20 people pledge $500? He will have his goal, but he will have to add in a bunch of people getting attacked by dinosaurs. I hope he would not cop out and have them all attacked by the same dinosaur in the same scene.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No you see the members will write the content, and because he's handing out 'EXP' for it the fools will do it for free! FOR FREEEE!!! THE FOOLS!! :newlol:

They can earn a font colour. A goddamn font colour.

Forums: The RPG.

Earn XP! Gain levels! Customize your character with multiple talent trees! Font wardrobes! Make lovely posts! Exclamation points!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

to show off achievements you already have, ones you'll get in the future
So wait, the site can see the future and knows which achievements you will earn?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hey, c'mon man, it wasn't like that.

It was the box their TV came in.

So, function followed form?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

joedevola posted:

We're into manssiere territory now.

Excuse me, it is called the BRO™

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Is that...the Pokemon TCG with meme-based pokemon? There are so many copyrighted things in that game, I highly doubt the creator won't get sued/forced to cancel the project even if they "redesign the game a few times because we felt we could be susceptible to lawsuits". The gameplay is like an exact copy of the Pokemon TCG with energy cards, trainer cards and evolutions to make your monsters stronger.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The General posted:

I didn't even look at the rules. I saw Pokemon colours and fonts, pokemon cards, and images there is now way they have any rights to use (more likely get sued over). Brutal.

I like that they think re-skinning the trollface with a pokeball pattern will avoid CR infringement. Combining two CRs does not make it a fair use parody, if anything it makes it infringe more.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bobo the Red posted:

My favorite is the big pile of keywords at the bottom.
Some people just have terrible semi-knowledge of SEO. Google will probably recognize the keyword dump and just ignore it. It just makes him look like an idiot (if he didn't already). I bet if he had access to the page's meta-data he would have added it all in here too.

I guess it might be a little useful for Kickstarter's search tool.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Decius posted:

Who will buy this stuff when hoverboards will be invented by 2015? Seems simply a bad business proposition in such an environment!

vvv This guy from a few pages back is working on them right now! vvv

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dr. Stab posted:

I wouldn't worry about that. According to their FAQ, they have consulted a lawyer about it.

If they get sued and the lawyer represents them, he gets payed win or lose, right? So it would be in his best financial interest to let them break copyright.

Or the lawyer is dumb, at least in the area of copyright and fair use.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The Human Crouton posted:

I think he's just an idiot. I've worked with people as stupid as him before.

My favorite project is his Price Differ app. The basic idea is to write down the price of every single item in every single store you enter so that you compare them later.

http://www.gregflick.net/iPhone2.htm

It goes by $5 increments. Go forbid the same/similar product will be less than $5 difference somewhere else, how would you figure out which is cheapest?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

I never even thought of Kramer, my mind instantly went to Taco from The League. But not charismatic or a cool stoner, just some idiot on the internet.

Or Eddy from Ed, Edd & Eddy.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

polynominal-c posted:

The entire string of SEO keywords is not HTML text, but it's in a PNG image :psyboom:

Wait, what?

I don't know what to say...it's like he didn't even try to Google "SEO" to get even the most basic tips.

Web Development Sperging:
He pumped his own webpage full of keyword meta-tags, including the phrase "man cave smells" and even put a bunch in a visible <p> on the bottom of the page. He does not use any stylesheets, all of the styling is done in the object tags. He is using a ton of deprecated tags. He is using FrontPage V6.0, software that is more than a decade old. He is using inches as his styling increments, yet he uses pixels for the absolute positioning of his images (Why are they all absolute positioned? WHY?!)

What he really needs is a Kickstarter to raise money to get a Lynda.com account to watch web development tutorials or maybe an OST course.

e: just realized, those beaver shirts could all just be vagina jokes. Terrible vagina jokes.

Machai has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Apr 26, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Fatkraken posted:

Also, the guy with the GPS attached to his hand is hosed if he needs to look at the map while changing gear, using the parkin break or turning a corner.

He could just move it to his left hand, then he only can't see for a quick second when using his turn-signal. Also, he could use his right hand (I am assuming that is his dominant hand, because statistics) to manipulate his phone if it is strapped onto his left.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

That's an actual photo of jobs, but the point stands.

Is a photo not the ultimate likeness?

Yeah, using a dead man to sell your product without permission is just wrong.

A reinvented fanny-pack, because a black sash goes with every outfit. They have said they will come out with more colors, but even then do sashes go with every outfit?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

pathetic little tramp posted:

No but suspenders do. Time for me to get in on Kickstartin.

OH! A fedora with hidden pockets for your credit cards and money. I'll make millions!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

A serving dish for people too stupid to use a proper serving utensil

Seriously, in the video he creates the "problem" by trying to transfer a salad-like dish to his plate using a regular spoon and just pushing the food onto his plate. Use a bigger spoon and scoop the way spoons were intended to be used, or pick up the drat serving dish and hold it over your plate when serving.

Rewards: Thanks on the website! A recipe book with a whole 10 recipes! Pledge $54 and get the actual product plus the previous rewards! Pledge a ton of money and get a custom color/design and you go on special mailing list to receive future news about the product!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

You know how when you get together with friends and play D&D and make all those hilarious jokes that you wish you could share with the world? These guys do, and it is apparently some form of performance art. They use a lot of title-cards in their youtube videos, so it seems like they have a lot of time where there is not some hilarious thing going on.

They are such hot poo poo that they need you to help raise $5000 so they can afford to go to GenCon and actually be present for the panel they have already signed up for.

Hats for Cats
Need I say more? Just look at how unhappy the cats in the video are.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The man card is a bit of a conundrum. Anyone that would use it is probably not secure in their man-ness anyway, so they would have to constantly flash it to themselves as a reminder that they are a man. At the same time, many of the uses described on the kickstarter page are not examples of men, but of assholes pretending to be men. If you are so insecure about your own masculinity that you use that card, perhaps you are not really a man after all.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Pastrymancy posted:

I hate gimmick zombie merchandise, but there's only so much I can hate a product that gets nerds to bathe more.

Hahaha I love how he is intimidated by all the FEEEEEMMALLLEEES at Lush.

He is also apparently intimidated by punctuation.

Emphasis mine:

quote:

A risk could be that this product dose not peal to anyone but we have asked around and people are really exited about this product[no period]

e: after watching the video and the credits, I'm pretty sure Noah is a girl.

Machai has a new favorite as of 03:34 on May 31, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

No, man, they just plug those kids playing that game straight into man-killing robots and the kids don't even know the game they're playing is actually real

"You mean I've been hurting guilty people?"

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I know I'm contributing to a stupid derail but one of the primary reasons behind the glass back was for (multiple kinds of) antenna reception.

That's also the entire reason behind the black plastic panels on the original iPhone/most iPod touch models/cellular-enabled iPads and part of the logic behind the plastic shells on the 3g/3gs.

Someone at Apple (probably Jobs and/or Ive) wanted something fancier than plastic for the 4 and they went with glass to arguably positive results- since the number of people who've owned one of these phones without incident is probably several orders of magnitude larger than the number of people who've shattered theirs (yeah yeah, protective cases and whatever...).

This is also why the iPhone 5 has those ceramic/glass panels in the back. There are antennas behind them.

Introducing the iTena, kickstarter to launch whenever I get around to it.

No, I did not rip the antenna off an old Nokia and glue it to an iPhone...or did I?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Fatkraken posted:

It says the wallets last "seven years or more if stored properly". That sounds like an awfully short amount of time for paper to last, I have old books on my shelf that are more than 50 years old and still more than readable, and that's on lovely yellowing-prone cheap paperback paper. Is it some quirk of thermal receipt rolls that they go bad in just a few years, or is he just covering his arse?

The ink on my receipts usually wear off after a few months if not stored properly.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Man-Pack posted:

There is a lot you can do with a Man-PACK!

Like wear it and store things in it and...uh...

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Noni posted:

Maybe they really like classic arcade games and are all dyslexic.

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I totally hadn't noticed it is Pacman backwards. This KS is now 100% more hilarious.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Tzar posted:

Rapp It Up

So wait, I buy a phone to allow people to get in contact with me remotely, then I put it in a bag that prevents them from contacting me remotely? Can I buy a boot for my car too?

If you don't want people to track you, leave your phone at home or don't buy a phone. They will still track you with imaging satellites anyway, so what is the point?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Frozen-Solid posted:

The last time I heard from him he wanted me to work for him again, because he was just getting into this awesome new concept called "Search Engine Optimization." All he had to do was make a website with a bunch of links on it, and he'd charge people to put their website on his links. He'd then put that link page on every site that he hosted for anyone, so every link would be on dozens of different sites all linking to one another!

He must not know how to actually use a search engine because if he did he could easily use it to find out what actual SEO is and that link farms don't really work. I bet he will soon have the great idea to put a bunch of keywords in meta tags on all his pages too!

If he wants to make money he should sell the time machine he used to get here from 1999.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

So the question I've got is, what sex toy is this a weak cover for?

Perhaps some sort of breast melon fondling device?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

It's far cheaper to go here than the other cineplex theatres in the area since Encore only charges about $10 a ticket versus $20. A large popcorn and drink combo is only $10 or so in comparison to the normal $20-30.

Holy poo poo those are some expensive tickets. Here in central MA I pay $8-12 per ticket and like $12 for a drink and popcorn (and I sneak in my own candy). My cousin came to visit from Pontiac and was amazed at how high our prices were. If I had to pay $20 for a ticket, I would just not go and buy the DVD when it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I would suggest some sort of mix of documentary and satire, but satire is supposed to be aimed at making people change. How about we just call it an awfulmentary.