Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Idiots are already ripping and rehosting it just to try and slam her/open comments, go find those. Also: if you actually want to see what's going to be said, enjoy being terrible (nothing funny will come out of it)

That's the saddest thing ever. How pathetic do you have to be to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of funny how the one guy who is semi-reasonable has a note attached to his comment that its received a lot of downvotes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crain posted:

Somehow missed this on the "greatest gamer site" campaign:

I'm not sure how easy it is to that, but I assume that XBL and PSN info will require some sort of agreement for official support.

I actually don't think you can since Giantbomb.com used to have people do the whole achievement sharing thing but Sony/Microsoft changed how you can check that stuff that made it impossible (or at least really hard to do.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BoutrosBoutros posted:

That is not the same thing as tampering and you know it. USPS isn't allowed to lose your poo poo because you put weird tape on it.

The problem with their whole "experiment" is that they have no idea why the packages didn't get to where they mailed them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

The drama is actually not related to Eternal Darkness, which is considered to be a fantastic game. The drama you want to be looking at revolves around the studio's latest two games, X-Men Destiny and Too Human, the latter of which was Dyack's pet project.

Both these games were loving awful.

The real thing that killed the studio though was their lawsuit against Epic claiming that they got a lovely version of the Unreal engine with little to no documentation. They lost, Epic counter-sued and won with the judge ruling that all copies of SK games that used the Unreal engine had to be destroyed and they owed Epic something like $6 million.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RottenK posted:

Didn't Broken Age 1 sold pretty well? And that other game, Massive Chalice, seems to be doing ok. It's in early access, but from what I heard it's feature complete and they have enough budget money left to finish the developement (I guess they kept Scahfer away from this one).

I agree that they hosed up big, but I don't think that they're in a hopeless situation, not yet at least.

They laid off people because an unnamed publisher hired them to make a game and then canceled the project.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bubble-T posted:

Wow, you guys weren't kidding

There's no joke here even by Penny Arcade standards, and the art is being overworked to the point where it's now getting worse instead of better.

When was the last time the comic actually had a background?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

They provide at least a partial list of ingredients:

Iron
Whey Protein
Food dye
Corn syrup
Salt

So it sounds like they're actually trying to create something with similar thickness and taste to human blood. The question remains as to whether or not they're going to surpass average "Bottling from a pot on my stove" quality.

Isn't it illegal to sell foodstuff without a full ingredient list?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KiddieGrinder posted:

Looks like one of those smaller airline sodas to me.

I'm surprised they didn't show a large picture with all the pockets utilized and full of poo poo. Instead they just show pictures of people wearing it like a regular (ie; cheap) sweatshirt jacket.

edit: certainly not going to get a goony XXL Double Dew in that thing, that's for sure.

That just seems like a good way to get soda all over your coat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harveygod posted:

How insufferable does a person have to be to bring their own chili to a restaurant? Just go to a different restaurant, rear end in a top hat.
"But then no one could se how cool and quirky I am with my personal chili-dispenser."

It's been a thing for a while, assholes bringing their own hot sauce to a place because they just have to have some billion scoville thing because hot=better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/developer-ghosts-with-over-30000-raised-on-kicksta/1100-5278/

Whomp Whomp

Company that raised 30k on Kickstarter has literally vanished. They haven't updated their website in over a year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh right, because Kickstarter hasn't allowed bullshit things to go through before. That laser razor is as viable OUYA or Star Citizen.

To be fair, even they realized OUYA was a huge debacle seeing as they changed the rules afterwards.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Especially as the fine print mentions that actually that tier is 15k, Kickstarter tops out at 10, they expect the person to pay an additional 5,000 after.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mike Nelson put out a post saying that he isn't interested because he's spent the last nine years putting Rifftrax together and that takes up all his time. CT ended a while back and it sounded like the whole thing just completely fell apart because AFAIK you can't buy their back episodes anymore.

Joel actually put out a statement about the whole new cast and the reason why he's doing it that way. Basically he wants to establish this as a new chapter for MST3K.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was originally the camera operator in the first season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, why crowdfund it then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

Is this the same movie that hosed over the bluray restoration of the original Manos by saying that they owned the copyright, or is there more than one group of hacks trying to cash in on bad movie irony.

This is a different thing, that was "Return to Valley Lodge" or something like that. Those assholes also caused problems with the Rifftrax Manos even by contacting them at the last second claiming they held the copyright but hey, just let them show up and do some promotion and everything would be fine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Paramount has called the Axanar people's bluff by amending their lawsuit to enumerate what exactly is violating their copyright. Although it turns out they didn't really have to because the lead of the project very stupidly said in an interview that "We violate CBS' copyright less than any other fan film."

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2757228-Axanar-Klingon.html

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah generally speaking if you're trying to make money off it, or even look like you are, your poo poo is going to get smited. They've got little reason to bother unless you look like you're going into competition with them.

They probably aren't happy with someone going around saying that they're "the real Star Trek."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of scam inventions, whatever happened to the laser razor that obviously didn't actually work? I know they got kicked off of Kickstarter but didn't they try again on one of the other sites?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ce gars posted:

Don't most cosplayers people make their costumes themselves, or commission someone else to do it?

Some do, some don't. It really varies. You could probably make a business on importing and then direct mailing officially licensed stuff from Japan. I doubt a storefront would do too well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Germstore posted:

They got free CV1s.

Yeah, anyone who backed enough to get a dev kit also got a release version. Which is a pretty good deal seeing as it was nowhere near what it cost retail.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xandu posted:

Man, I would love another Life is Strange type game. Really dumb project, though.

Kickstarter theoretically reviews projects before launch, so I'm always amazed stuff like this gets through.

Looks like they finally looked at it and canceled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is literally all they have:

" We don't pretend to have everything figured out. Far from it actually. This is simply an idea we have, that we feel we're not alone in. With your support, hopefully we can turn an idea into a reality. We hope to bring you updates in the form of videos if this goes well.

Until then for the sake of legal reasons... We do not own anything Star Wars, or Star Wars related. This is merely an attempt to get the attention of Disney.
Risks and challenges

We understand it will be a long and hard road if anything happens. We promise to keep everything fan based."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Also Disney has been completely transparent about their lack of interest in big AAA games, which is why Lucasarts cancelled all their in-progress games and has made nothing but remakes of old adventure games since Disney bought hem out and why all the Force Awakens games have been lovely mobile skinner boxes.

They have Amy Hennig (one of the people behind the Uncharted series) working on some new big budget Star Wars game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

The thinking is it uses less power than the regular screen even if it stays on all the time. It also acts like another battery. So you get all the perks of the phone always on and running without the high power consumption. That's assuming it's a legit product. Even so, it'd be a niche product.

Yeah, if they're using an e-ink screen then it really only uses an appreciable amount of power when the screen changes. Although having a screen on a protective case just seems like it defeats the purpose of a protective case as now you have to worry about that screen being scratched and I doubt they're using the same scratch resistant stuff that Apple uses.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

When Star Citizen fails it won't make a difference because normal people have never heard of it.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to figure out how many backers it has had since leaving Kickstarter. My impression has been that it is a narrow but deep pool. So not that many people on the whole but they're spending a lot of money each.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

abigserve posted:

My favourite kickstarter story is the oculous rift getting bought by facebook and their backers not getting poo poo.

If you backed at the level where you got a dev kit they sent you a free final version. It's not what you would have got if you had actually invested but it's not nothing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

More like the game guaranteed to get you banned from bars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gann Jerrod posted:

What "entrepreneurs" don't realize is that Keurig was successful because it replaced a device you already used, with a similar footprint on your countertop. No one is loving the idea of a giant machine that takes up a quarter of your limited space just for making something like tortillas or juice.

Also you probably make coffee every day. You aren't going to be making tortillas constantly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure the SEC wouldn't buy your totally not an investment but you give them money and they give you money back later deal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if they had meetings about what ethnicity the demonstration lady should be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm waiting for someone to bring out a DRM pod machine that makes pirate pods for all the other DRM pod machines you have taking up room on your kitchen counter

There's already a cottage industry of people figuring out different ways to get past Keurig's DRM system.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Star Trek fan film lawsuit continues. The defendants argument of "you can't OWN Star Trek, man" turns out to not actually hold water and a judge has denied their motion to dismiss.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

Wow. I don't see this progress bar moving anytime soon.

Not surprising they went with Indie Go Go instead of Kickstarter seeing as the rules say you actually have to have a working prototype.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Okay, hear me out here ..... switchable pants that also have switchable pant legs, so not only can you have 4 different colours at the same time but you can also leave off the legs and then they're shorts! Also t-shirts with zips so you can attach your pants legs and your pants pocket to the t-shirt and turn it into a polo!

The detachable legs for shorts is a thing that already exists or has existed in the past.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't look like they're just dropping it. The way that article is worded sounds like they're going to create a structured thing for what is allowed by fan films and what will still get you sued. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big things is basically telling fan filmmakers not to do what these guys did (like trying to sell their own Star Trek branded merchandise.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gann Jerrod posted:

The food demonstrations further down are As Seen on TV quality.

I like how they made the plain chopsticks one extra round while theirs is pretty flat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

It's probably got lovely battery life, super awkward lag, extra unreliable speech detection in anything but optimal studio conditions and so on

They kind of bury the lede but it doesn't just work from someone talking a foreign language at you, they also have to be using some part of the device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KiteAuraan posted:

Like Card Captor Sakura and it's "10 year old girl/25 year old teacher in a relationship" subplot. Which I forgot about until I re-read the manga. Though I think the old release I read cut that poo poo, because I think I'd remember a pedophilia subplot.

That part is so weird because it has literally nothing to do with anything else going on with the story.