Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Be normal with all of your gross otaku soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Be normal, be cool.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Put on your best fedora and be courteous.

Colorred
Dec 26, 2012
Let's be as normal as possible when you have an eggplant shaped head

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Act normal because its just another day at work and we can go around jumping for joy when we're out of the office.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Act normal.
It's all part of the plan. We don't let her find out about our l33t braggadocio skills... Yet.
And then, when she falls head over heels for our sexual and/or romantic powerhouse of a protagonist, only at that time do we indulge her in our dark beautiful twisted fantasy.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Alright, I've have made the worst choices up to now, so this time I'll just trust the hivemind and go with normal behavior.

Rexides fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 9, 2013

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Me and my friend think acting normal will drop us in the friend zone. Thus: Brag and show off! It may cost us points, but it should be more fun than being extremely curteous.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 10, 2013

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'd say we should be courteous but the "extremely" part makes me think kanta will start saying M'Lady and gently caress everything up so act normal

I have no faith in our protagonist since the enter key thing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You're doing surprisingly well Kanta, don't gently caress it up now. Be normal.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I want to see what Kanta considers normal behaviour.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Be chill and act normal.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Brag! We are a man!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Brag 6
Normal 16
Courtous 2

Pheeew. Time to go home!
Yeah, alright!
We worked hard today!
Nah, It’s all thanks to you, Kanta!
You’re welcome.
Very welcome.

The next day at work…

Good morning, Kanta.
Good morning, Arata.
Thanks again for last night.
Not at all!

Ah, how about we go to dinner together next time?
Huh!
Ah, sure.
Oh! Yes!
Really?
Really! As thanks for yesterday!
Ah, for real?
Of course.
Thanks!

Kaaaaanta.
Yeah?
Hurry and swim over here~~
Alright~~

Kanta having a date with Arata at the beach! :sun:

Great job, the first hint the game gives is to make logical choice, and the second hint is actually in the character profile, specifically her preference type, which is ordinary people, so the best choice for Arata is actually Logical and Ordinary/Normal choices!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 10, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is Kanta really normal, though?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Waffleman_ posted:

We will see in the failure playthough. :rms:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Waffleman_ posted:

No one said it was going to be easy.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Waffleman_ posted:

Are any of us?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
First advice: Don't be a loving spastic weirdo. Be competent at your job.

A valid starting point, I think.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
So should a salaryman only offer his seat to an old lady if there's a hot potential girlfriend watching from nearby? Because otherwise it's "gently caress you granny!" *shove*

Waffleman_ posted:

Your avatar kind of looks like Arata if she got pigified. I bet that's what she really looks like without Kanta's desperation.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

paragon1 posted:

First advice: Don't be a loving spastic weirdo. Be competent at your job.

A valid starting point, I think.

From what I've seen, though, a lot of people really need this advice.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Huh, that's right, she likes normal people. I was worried being perfectly normal meant just that, but Kanta took initiative and segued nicely into asking her out for dinner later on. Now I'm wondering which was the terrible result, it could be either, I'd lean towards the bragging I voted for since Kanta is a manchild, but as others have said the ''extremely' courteous' descriptor is worrying as well. Should be fun to see!

The hairdresser looks like she'll be more interesting, this one was nice and all, but kind of a milquetoast tutorial. Chatting up a hairdresser sounds like it'll be a lot harder, so it looks like the training wheels may be coming off.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 10, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Readingaccount posted:

I'd lean towards the bragging I voted for since Kanta is a manchild, but as others have said the ''extremely' courteous' descriptor is worrying as well. Should be fun to see!
Bragging is actually the bad choice. I am experimenting to see how many would avoid the 'extremely', how many will vote base on the actual context (of bragging being worst), and how many will play safe and pick the safe answer.

Also this scene is only unlocked if you didn't mess up before, so you won't see this scene in failure route.

quote:

The hairdresser looks like she'll be more interesting, this one was nice and all, but kind of a milquetoast tutorial. Chatting up a hairdresser sounds like it'll be a lot harder, so it looks like the training wheels may be coming off.
I hope you are comfortable leaving EASY MODE, the next one will step up the difficulties, and instant death bad end will be a thing. The game advice tells you to do some really tricky thing.

The only easy thing seems to be Kanta not being in control in most of the situation so he won't go 'crazy' in the next route. :airquote:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Failure Route

Commuting to work…

OMG A SEAT FOR MY POOR LEGS! :aaa:

GHAAAAAAAHHHH!

During work…

My epic effort deserves a moment of meditative silent. :o:

It’s done…

When Arata doubting herself…

“Maybe I’m not suitable for this job…”

Don’t worry, my own experience is worst! :smug:

There’s one time where someone on the phone was speaking gibberish and I can’t understand it…

Uhhh…
The boss was mad like a bull!
Ah, ye-yeah… that… would be obvious…

Ehh… that didn’t goes well, but compel encouragement with my awesome charming face will cheer her up! :anime:

Arata…
Hm?

Ah… umm…
Yep, is true. Although I don’t understand the situation, I believe it wasn’t as it seem!
Is that so…
YEAH ! NONE AT ALL! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN SUCCEED IN YOUR TASK!

Arata got the phone for me, better give her a kind face! :keke:

Hello?
So annoying…

Arata watching me, real man speaks with STRENGTH! :black101:

Ahh~~
HOW! ARE! YOU!

!?
So noisy!

Maybe that was a bit too loud, I should try this again with lower volume…

Hello…

*Whisper* *Whisper* *Whisper* *Whisper*

*Whisper* *Whisper* !?

It feels… really creepy…

Arata ask me for help, but she just using me to help her finish her job! :mad:

(This girl… she is using me… I am not that dumb to fall for it. Must think of a way… to reject her… think… think…!)
(I GOT IT!)
Today… I must go home to watch a show!
… I understand…

Actually, maybe she’s seducing me, I should help her out!

Could it be… she has fallen for me?
Spring has come! My spring has come! I will help you with anything, my baaaaaaby!

Th-thank you very much!
Of course!
My baby!
He calls me baby...! Creepy…

That seems to not turn out well; I should just get out of here!

This girl is trying to use me, I’m not that dumb. I must think of a way to get out of this.
I got it!

What a jerk!

The next day at work…

… Morning Arata.
Hello.
Today is another nice weather.
Yeah.

A complete failure…

Friend-zone end would just be Arata choosing to stay instead.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 11, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nyaa posted:

*Whisper* *Whisper* !?

It feels… really gross…

You think that's bad, how must it feel to be whispered at when you're trying to make a business call?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Suspicious Cook posted:

From what I've seen, though, a lot of people really need this advice.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say.

And wow, we were really walking through a minefield there.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

paragon1 posted:

And wow, we were really walking through a minefield there.
Yeah, the game is very unforgiving. I don't think we can win in our first try anymore, so maybe you all would wish to vote for bad choices from now on to go for failure playthrough and I will post the good end update afterward? The tradeoff of course, would be the lack of failure route posting and so other fun horrible choices won't be covered.

Edit: I don't mind to just post everything, but that would make the point of voting somewhat pointless and lacks the spirit of (One Chance) CYOA. Any better idea is welcome.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 11, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Give us save points, maybe?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Nyaa posted:

Friend-zone end would just be Arata choosing to stay instead.

How does this one go?

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
If there are multiple endings, rather than just a good and bad end, it would be nice to be able to see all of the possibilities. This would also be a chance to revisit some interesting bad choices if we do manage to gently caress it up.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I got it! Since I will be posting a success and failure route, I will let you pick two choices! Then I will pick the best/worst result for each route and you will have a much better chance to win and enjoy the bad choice at the same time!

paragon1 posted:

Give us save points, maybe?
Hmm. Good idea, I will think about that.

quote:

How does this one go?

"You two become regular co-workers."

Not much different from bad end, just a different sentence with this screen. So friendzone is just a trimmed bad end. So only two real endings.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Nah, we can make it! We'll just be the appropriate level of interesting and a bit extra courteous since it's Japan, and the save points should do the rest. I'm fine with whatever you decide on though. :)
Those negative scenes were funny though, may we see the two others at the end?

Why does she think Kanta is gross for whispering though, is it a cultural thing? I'd just think he had crippling lack of confidence.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 11, 2013

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
Love doesn't have save points!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

i am paul newman posted:

I agree. It will make voting more important! And people will debate for the right answer!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Let us sink or swim on our own (probably sink) just like a real moetaku.

I mean the game usually makes it pretty clear when you make a good or bad choice so we won't be picking any bad choices more than once.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

quote:

Those negative scenes were funny though, may we see the two others at the end?
OKAY!

Edit: Added two last choice scenes as requested.

quote:

We'll just be the appropriate level of interesting and a bit extra courteous since it's Japan
Oh no, you haven't see the second hint lying to be interesting, that's the tricky part. :clint:

Readingaccount posted:

Why does she think Kanta is gross for whispering though,
I probably should translated that as 'creepy', I'm gonna fix that.

quote:

After thinking about it, save point is for player to continue the game or retrying right before a boss fight. Each route is basically a boss fight so it would be like saving for each attack during a boss fight, kinda feel like cheating.

The problem is, you don't really know if you fail or succeed until the very end.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 11, 2013

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Nyaa posted:

The problem is, you don't really know if you fail or succeed until the very end.

Oh, so the all the later levels don't show you how obvious it is that Kanta is acting like a complete spaz on the individual choices (eg tapping the enter key)?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Saurus posted:

Oh, so the all the later levels don't show you how obvious it is that Kanta is acting like a complete spaz on the individual choices (eg tapping the enter key)?
Nah, it does, but I just doesn't know how much of those spaz before you are drop to the friend-zone is what I meant. So I don't really know where to put the save point.

Edit: Maybe I am just worrying too much with this one chance thing, we will see how it goes.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 12, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Two: Hairdresser
---------------------------------------------------------------

Next we have Shibata Yuko, the hairdresser. She has the opposite preference of Arata and prefer interesting people, so logical choice is not required if you can keep it interesting, which could be tricky.

My Advice: Impression is the key point this time since you don’t get to meet a hairdresser everyday like your co-worker, so try to get her to remember you. Most safe normal/ordinary choice would be less effective in this route, but don’t push it too far with the memorable crazy choices.

Sunday afternoon…

Ah, hello.

To be clear, Kanta didn’t have an appointment, so the second choice is a lie. Should Kanta lie?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Why is this a choice why would you even

We don't have an appointment

• Locked thread