Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

I need some help. I am working on trying to submit footage of the classroom for my edTPA (to get certified as a teacher) however, the sound quality sucks as in... sometimes the loud kids drown out what the kids I'm focusing on are trying to say. I have recorded everything with my iPad (so everything is a .MOV) and I was wondering if there was any sound editing software that would allow me to extract the audio and work with the file using an equalizer or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Take some ketchup and squirt it onto a plate. Take some mustard and squirt the mustard into the ketchup. Run your finger through the two a few times.

How do you extract the mustard from the ketchup?

You don't. This is why it's important to get a good clean recording at the start rather than hoping some post-processing can fix things at the other end. I don't mean to be discouraging here, but you are posting a very common problem in sound that has no solution.

Your recording is what it is - lots of kids chattering and sometimes the noisy kids drown out the ones you're talking to. If you absolutely need their information then you need to do what movies do - ADR. Go back and interview those kids, have them rerecord their responses in a nice noise-free environment and then you sync up their voices to your little movie.