Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I love SC4 [rebought it on Steam ages ago] but It literally is a crashaholic. Short of being an anal saver or using that 3rd party auto saving program, have there been any advances on that front? Either some crazy fix or some obscure notepad fix?

I always love the idea of getting into the game but the crashing really breaks it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I Pop my head in this tag read every 500 posts are so to see if there's any rumblings of a patch for the crashing.

After hearing that the Mac version is pretty stable I have been waiting eagerly for news.

I doubt we'll get a stability patch/update which is a shame because I love this game but the rampant crashing is annoying. I regularly save but the crashes ALWAYS catch me after an important zoning / game progress

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm on Mac with about 3000 files in my plugin folder and only get CTDs when I go crazy planting trees in godmode and accidentally go over the edge of the map ( which I suspect is from the tree controller plugin)

Other than that, it never crashes and I never have to worry about saving every five minutes. If you haven't bought it on Mac already, I would definitely wait for a steam sale and get it from there since it is looking like that version is more stable.

Edit: if you're waiting for a Windows patch, I think you'd be better off using the auto saver addon instead :/

I tried that auto-saver thing but it never worked for me for some reason

• Locked thread