Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Which is to say you should probably organize any plugins you download in some way that makes sense to you in case you need to update/troubleshoot/remove some particular thing at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Starhawk posted:

Is there a way to keep certain custom lots (from the OP pack) from taking over every single space? Specifically the Cap and Cork liquor store causing neighborhoods like this to pop up all over my city.
Do you have all the building styles (NY/Euro/etc.) enabled at once? You probably should or the game just might not have enough buildings of a certain type for any single style. And I think the Old Fashioned Pack has a consistent visual style regardless of which building style the modders decided to place each building in.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Adelaide

Haha, it's a square city surrounded by a random rectangular green zone separating it from its suburbs. You live in SimCity 5.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
You can turn off the grid in the region view so you can sperg about making forests blend like me.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
How does the Industrial Revolution mod play with random industrial plugins? I'd love to get it but I have a bunch of industry I've downloaded (and that would be difficult to clear out) and I don't know if they'd play ball.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It's like American suburbia suddenly decided apartments are acceptable.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
The town I live in has a bit where in Sim City terms there's a road and streets running parallel on either side. I don't see anything odd here. :v:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Going by googling the term, basically, but for some reason they run parallel to a not at all busy 2-lane road with a 50 kph speed limit.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Set the process' CPU affinity to one core in the task manager. That solved my regular crashing.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

HappyHelmet posted:

Gah, I was going to put in some work on my region, but it appears my game has developed a severe case of random CTD :(. Why can't there be a decent city sim that isn't 10+ years old...
You might already be doing this, but have you set the CPU affinity to a single core in the task manager? SC4 really doesn't like running on multicores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'd use signs but the graphics for them are offensively intrusive and ugly. :colbert:

I think I once looked to see if there were mods for that but didn't find anything.

• Locked thread