Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Looks that way, yeah:

quote:

All of these packs include NAM and the other basic fixes detailed later in this post: if you want to play and not mess with mods, simply take your pick, unpack it, drop it in your plugins folder and enjoy.

Thanks very much for this. Great OP! I just installed NAM by myself, but I think I'll replace it with the Old-Fashioned pack.

I bought a boxed copy of this a few years ago in a garage sale and hearing so much about SimCity lately had finally convinced me to install it. I've only really played the original though I did buy 2000 from GoG.

odiv fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hm... I had the Network Addon Mod in the actual Program Files directory in Plugins. I deleted that and extracted the Old Fashioned pack into Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins and am just getting a black screen now instead of a game launch. :(

I'll move the pack out and try to launch and see if that's it.

edit: maybe it's the hardware mode? I'll try deleting the terrainmods dir next.

odiv fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 9, 2013

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

*PUNCH* posted:

Give it a minute or two. OldFashioned has 6700 files the game needs to load; the screen will be black while they're loading. It's annoying, I know!

I'm contemplating DATpacking the next version to prevent this, though people seem to enjoy the moddability. For the record, I'm going to release the next one when a new stable NAM release is out - with any luck, NAM 32.
Wow, you weren't kidding. I waited it out and it loaded after a solid 4 minutes. At least I know what the issue is.

I can just go ahead and DATpack it myself, I'm guessing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Bah. I can't get the Old Fashioned pack to work. Either hardware or software with and without the terrainmods directory, I get sent to desktop.

If I have only NAM installed I can use either hardware or software. I guess I'll try Grand Fromage's or maybe just throw in what's considered "essential" by myself.

edit: Hey! Grand Fromage's pack works! Now to figure out how to play. I tried to make a highway to start and I'm confused as hell.

odiv fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 11, 2013

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

ImPureAwesome posted:

I'm having issues with the OldFashioned pack as well.

Game starts just fine, but it crashes when it tries to load into a city plot.

Yeah, I ended up just giving up on Old Fashioned.

• Locked thread