Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

I am leaking dangerous cargo.
Is there a way to keep certain custom lots (from the OP pack) from taking over every single space? Specifically the Cap and Cork liquor store causing neighborhoods like this to pop up all over my city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

Giggily posted:

It sucks being in that awkward phase between low and medium density. It's like city puberty. I swear to god, though, all these rich sims need to go. About 1000 of them are commuting to a single loving building, which is murdering my road system because none of them will take the bus.

Can I ask what sea walls those are in the picture? Are they in Punch's pack?

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

That's a shame about the RHW mod. It looks really cool, and I bet would be awesome if you sperged out and put in all the proper lanes and everything. I just can't get the most basic of off ramps to setup properly, no matter which highway type I try.

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

Won't people's cities be overwritten when people upload the region? For example, if 2 people download the region at 2:00 and one person plays until 3:00 and another plays on a different city until 4:00. Won't the version that gets uploaded at 4:00 over write the one uploaded at 3:00 with old data for all but the city that was worked on?

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

oh ok, I just actually looked at the files, and each city has it's own file. I assumed the region was one save file.

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

I've downloaded and installed the mod that lets you put bus stops on top of roads but I can't figure out how it works.

Assuming it's the most popular one on sdex, I've also tried to get this working. You have to choose a set of models and poo poo and then manually delete all the .dat files for the ones you don't want. Although good luck trying to figure out which is which. After spending an hour+ on it I gave up. Stupid bus stations aren't worth that much effort.

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

Autumncomet posted:

Although if you're having trouble, I can upload my RTMT folder and you'll just have to deal with what I chose. :v:

That sounds great actually. And yes it does have a 6225 word readme. :psyduck:

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

I have the Steam version installed and I've been putting my mods in the plugin folder that's in the installation directory as opposed to the one in My Documents. The mods seem to be working fine, but is there any disadvantage in doing this? Other than having to click through a slightly ridiculous directory tree to get at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

I was taking a closer look at the scrfeenshots in the OP and I noticed one that has buildings properly facing a diagonal street. Are they just plops made for that? Or I have been missing something?

I circled them here:

• Locked thread