Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Hey, I found and edited the file that makes the Glenni Taylor slab apartment pop in low and medium-zoned 3x3 lots - it's the R$ Glenni Taylor House 3 SC4LOT file. I can upload it to my Dropbox if anyone wants it.

Edit: The changes didn't stick. Going to try some stuff.
Edit 2: There's something glitchy in the SC4lot file that's keeping it from working properly, and I don't like the building enough to bother rebuilding.

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

az posted:

Can you connect landmark factories that come with rail lines on the plot to a normal rail line that connects to your network?

If they're transport-enabled, yes. Probably good to have a switch before/after, though.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The modpack is also missing the Stewart Sturgeon Building and Carrefour buildings - the former doesn't have anything on the lot, the latter has a brown box.

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 9, 2015

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

The sturgeon building was part of the OF 3.0 I merged into the my mod pack. Not sure why it isn't working as it works fine for me. Either ignore it or unpack Jasconcw_000.dat and remove it. The link to try and get it again if you chose to is below. It isn't anything amazing you are missing out on. It doesn't require any dependencies so it must be a bugged file on load or download or something crazy.

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27924-sturgeon-building/

Ahh yes Carrefour, that was on the to do list as the first version they introduced was bugged and V2 has an extra file I forgot to download. The other carrefour further down the list in game is fine (and looks better) but this is smaller. File below.

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21771-lbt-mega-texture-pack-vol-02/

Ah, I see what's going on - the Sturgeon building will appear, then disappear when I rotate view. Something's glitchy, and I might have to check what rendering method I have enabled.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Subyng posted:

Does freight not go through passenger rail stations?

It does not. You'll need a bypass rail if you want freight and passenger trains to share the same main track.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OtER2IxQ!Fxxiw1Y4sAaCXOyQJIXQgB4OVwEQHJmdWGH2Kl-nZzo - Unpacked
https://mega.co.nz/#!PslTRYhC!IQT10f_24a6un3M0ehbEFjlyXucQyDU_8L57HY6gYms - Packed

By request, here is the unpacked version of my latest pack. I've included the packed version link so people don't accidently download the unpacked version which will work fine but much higher load times. The unpacked link is for people who want to modify it and/or add to it.

Potentially last version for awhile due to lovely internet.

Hey, Tai. Any chance you could include a list of the included dependencies? It defeats the purpose of the dat-packing if I wind up adding dependencies for something else that are already in the pack.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, it's another relic of the days when some people were still dialing up.

Somewhere along the line, a fondness for hypercomplexity became a point of cultural pride for the SC4 modding community. If you're not willing to take six unnecessary extra steps and download fourteen extra things, we don't want your kind here.

I've always played with only a little bit of custom content; last night I installed Tai's awesome megapack. And it makes the game look SO MUCH NICER... but... good GOD it's excruciating trying to navigate the menus with all this stuff. Like to plant on-street bus stops I have to slooowly scroll through about 100 or 150 items. I might actually go back to playing mostly vanilla because it's so painful.

And that's why I'm glad my mouse has a free-scrolling mousewheel toggle. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
my biggest problem with cities: skylines? no traffic route tool

• Locked thread