Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I may have hosed something up. I have Sim City 4 Deluxe, and I've only installed the NAM mod.

My schools and clinics don't seem to be actually effecting education/health.

They're there, they're not over capacity, they're covering the whole town, but my Education and Health overlays are just showing red. Did I miss something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

It's with medical clinics too though.

Also, it seems that if I zone residential, and then put the clinic/school directly into that zone, it services the zone that was present and only that zone. Adding to it later means that half the residential area isn't getting education.

I've missed something important, I'm sure of it.

Edit: Or else I'm looking at it completely wrong, which is likely. I haven't really played a Simcity game since Simcity 2000.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 11, 2013

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

benzine posted:

And for the railroad fans, got two lots.

:stare:

Is that functional? As in does it help you play the game? Or is just a cool looking virtual trainset?

Also, is there any kind of transport manager game these days, like Railroad Tycoon was back in the day, or should I just break out DosBox and play Railroad Tycoon?

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Now simulate Melbourne :bang:

I guess when my planning minister's qualification is "played football", I can't really expect to much :sigh:

I think I've got the hang of this game now, sorta. It's fun.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I installed the Old Fashioned pack, and while it looks nice, it slows the game to a crawl. I can't figure out why, since it's not using more than 50% CPU and less than 4gb of ram is utilised while it's running.

I have an i5 2500k with 8gb of ram and a 560ti. Nothing this old should run that badly. It was fine with just the traffic mod installed. Any idea what I've done wrong?

• Locked thread