Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I got Disgaea 4 for the Vita tonight on a whim as I really liked 3 on it. Is there a way to break into the DLC early in 4 like how they did with 3 so you can really break the game early on or do I have to play legit until I beat it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

flyboi posted:

I got Disgaea 4 for the Vita tonight on a whim as I really liked 3 on it. Is there a way to break into the DLC early in 4 like how they did with 3 so you can really break the game early on or do I have to play legit until I beat it?

They still have the square triangle circle code to be in postgame mode from the start. (doesnt unlock loc/dimension x)

Speaking of. I need the X-dimension I'm about 40 floors into a hero cape and i got a raffle vendor but no gate tickets did they change things for vita?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

AkumaHokoru posted:

They still have the square triangle circle code to be in postgame mode from the start. (doesnt unlock loc/dimension x)

Speaking of. I need the X-dimension I'm about 40 floors into a hero cape and i got a raffle vendor but no gate tickets did they change things for vita?

Aha! I knew there was some code I had to do to get it. Thanks!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

poo poo. I'm learning now a few things that I'm finally eke'ing into D4V's end-game meat. I should had more than one thief in the >lv6k range before tangling with Zetta & Pringer X. And, I let a legendary yoshitsuna go by for Makai Wars, because I wasn't aware I could've also gotten one for sure off Pringer X... and because I should've had more than one thief.

O well, I have plenty of reasons enough to start a new cycle. I am just not looking forward to losing some of my post-game favorites.

Then again, I can just use that button-press cheat code. That doesn't affect trophy accrual, right?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Nope at least it didn't on D3

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
so the promotionhell tickets (for Dimension X) cost like 120k max you can buy all of them in one shot as well in D4 Vita

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I'm getting back into Disgaea D2 with a vengeance, and I like how streamlined and fluid the postgame is (with no big RNG checks like D4's land of carnage shipbuilding) but boy howdy Baal is so far beyond everything else it's insane. I was able to beat Pringer X with a couple of 700,000 int guys and some lift cheesing but all the guides I can find say not to even darken his door until you hit 500,000,000 in every stat. I mean I have a pretty clear path to victory (take my legendary Arcadia, get a Trap out of it, get everyone I use in rank 40 gear, slowly add stars to LoC-CoO6 to steal stats, then do Rasetsu-CoO6) but that finish line is just pretty far away.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
In Disgaea 4, why can't I send most of my units to the support room? I can only store the 4 most recent I've created, and everyone else is greyed out in the menu. I want to clear up some room on the cam-pain map without having to delete old units but can't figure out how the support room actually works.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

maou shoujo posted:

In Disgaea 4, why can't I send most of my units to the support room? I can only store the 4 most recent I've created, and everyone else is greyed out in the menu. I want to clear up some room on the cam-pain map without having to delete old units but can't figure out how the support room actually works.

Uniques cant go in, and I don't think captured and impressed units can either.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Uniques cant go in, and I don't think captured and impressed units can either.

Captured units can, at least in the PS3 version, because I had a pile of captured android pirates in there. You can also put the DLC characters in there, but NOT the extra story characters from the post game. It's annoying because of how relatively small the field is, esepiclaly when you pile on Evil Symbols.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
In reality only 4 evil symbols should be on the map
Training Arena
Mana Pyramid
Dual dojo
Fusion Weapon Lab
Beast lab is a decent option 5 (as is item world radar)

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Now I found out that I don't even have the option to delete units I can't store either. What the hell, why can't I get rid of these generic monsters I don't want?

Actually, come to think of it just now, I could farm a bit of mana and reincarnate them to something more useful. The question still stands.

Edit: Now I've lost the option for two recently-made characters that I actually use. Do characters just become permanent after a certain number of battles?

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 7, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You have to be doing something weird that the game doesn't like, though I couldn't tell you what. Try removing all equipment and putting them outside all symbols and stuff? I've never seen that issue before so I can only guess.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

maou shoujo posted:

Now I found out that I don't even have the option to delete units I can't store either. What the hell, why can't I get rid of these generic monsters I don't want?

Actually, come to think of it just now, I could farm a bit of mana and reincarnate them to something more useful. The question still stands.

Edit: Now I've lost the option for two recently-made characters that I actually use. Do characters just become permanent after a certain number of battles?

no. I have no idea what you are doing to lock characters. the only characters you cant delete are the story characters/unlocked characters you can send anyone to the support room except Valvatorez. if your support room is full (128 characters) then start deleting them. remember you cant use a character to delete itself.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

AkumaHokoru posted:

Training Arena
Mana Pyramid
Dual dojo
Fusion Weapon Lab

You probably don't know the power and glory of a fully expanded Heart Cannon.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

5er posted:

You probably don't know the power and glory of a fully expanded Heart Cannon.

I do not.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You have to be doing something weird that the game doesn't like, though I couldn't tell you what. Try removing all equipment and putting them outside all symbols and stuff? I've never seen that issue before so I can only guess.

It's not connected to equipment or evil symbols, reincarnations, NG+, Val's level in relation to generics, online pirate teams, or anything else I can figure out.

Early on I deleted my starting Warrior and Skull, and later remade them to unlock more classes. I put those two into support to create a Gunner and a Beastmaster. I could store the Gunner and the Beastmaster at first but after using them for a while I can't now. I created a Shaman and a Skeletal Dragon last night and they can still be stored. If I make any new units they don't affect storing the Shaman or Skeletal Dragon (at least they don't seem to immediately). The Warrior and Skull can be taken in and out of storage at will. Everyone else is locked in. I don't get it. :confused:

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

AkumaHokoru posted:

Training Arena
Mana Pyramid
Dual dojo
Fusion Weapon Lab

The extra gain bonus by itself makes it worthwhile to pull out and stack otherwise useless symbols, though. Any group with a pattern where the leader square is two spaces away from the symbol is useful for that reason alone.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Is the Vita version of 4 a decent place to get into the series? It seems a bit of a bargain for £10.79.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Is the Vita version of 4 a decent place to get into the series? It seems a bit of a bargain for £10.79.

hell yes it is. though you will be spoiled by all the improvements in this one that arent in prior games...

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I found the answer to my problem, turns out the reason I couldn't remove those characters was because they were used in a custom map. I made one to see how it worked and then promptly forgot about it. I wish that limitation had been clearer.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Playing Disgaea D2, is there anything that would help be bridge from the 20-star CoO-6 level, to the 100-star CoO-6? I have a magic knight/succubus pair in the 2500's, but they're VERY far from 0-star LoC (level 100) for that map.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Devor posted:

Playing Disgaea D2, is there anything that would help be bridge from the 20-star CoO-6 level, to the 100-star CoO-6? I have a magic knight/succubus pair in the 2500's, but they're VERY far from 0-star LoC (level 100) for that map.

If you haven't, pass the bill to get Flonne changed back to Pure Flonne, then get your Knight to 5 star affection with her and talk to her in the base (you will need to make your Knight the leader). Pure Flonne will then give you the Pure Staff, a very good unique staff that at least for me came with like 250 Statisticians on it. And yeah, it's a long road to get into LOC. I think you need about 320000 int to reliably ones of the dudes there with Tera Fire. Consider picking up the Magic Bundle evility from a Skull as your secondary. It will synergize with your Attack Weakness evility and do even more damage. Also Magic Boost (Lanzarote knows it by default) will double your int temporarily. I think I was about 5500 when I cleared it on Lv100 the first time.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

If you have a well-leveled and well-geared team in the end-game (reasonable expectations considering PPS) of around let's say 5 dudes, and you've got them all on the Heart Cannon, you can beat the tar out of bosses in embarrassingly short order. The Heart Cannon lets everyone that's sharing it get in a regular hit for every attack action a HC member initiates. This pretty much means, if you've got five guys on HC, one of em has a gun, you have four of them surround a boss and all do a special on the boss, then have the gunner do a special on the boss, the execution will pretty much be, first dude fires off their special, four others each get in regular hits bringing combo meter to five, next guy goes, four hc buddies get in regular hits, now your meter's to ten and the damage output is rising, repeat this for the last three guys that get in their specials. You'll have gotten the bonus meter to 9 if the boss you're fighting can even survive that kind of punishment.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I accidentally created a second save on D4V. According to the research I've done, there's no way to delete it without deleting ALL the application data. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask if any of you have a workaround. It's just kind of annoying to have two when I only use one. I'm not really sure why it bothers me so much, but it does. Why the hell they wouldn't let you delete saves from right there at the load/save screen is beyond me.

burial fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 15, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

IIRC you can delete saves from the System menu.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Neurion posted:

IIRC you can delete saves from the System menu.

Do you mean Content Manager or something else? Because Conent Manager, as far as I can figure out, only lets you delete ALL application data, not individual save files. I was hoping there was a way to actually see/edit the file structure the way you could with PSP.

burial fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 15, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There used to be a data manager in System Settings, but it got rolled into Content Manager, and it didn't allow the deletion of saves individually.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

So we're right back to square one where there's nothing that can really be done about it? Again, I figured. Never hurts to check though.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Dis posted:

Do you mean Content Manager or something else? Because Conent Manager, as far as I can figure out, only lets you delete ALL application data, not individual save files. I was hoping there was a way to actually see/edit the file structure the way you could with PSP.

Whoops, should've been more specific. Just opened D4V to clarify. When you're in the Hades hub, open your menu and select 'Save Menu'. 'Delete' is one of the options and lets you delete specific saves.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Neurion posted:

Whoops, should've been more specific. Just opened D4V to clarify. When you're in the Hades hub, open your menu and select 'Save Menu'. 'Delete' is one of the options and lets you delete specific saves.

Jesus CHRIST, how did I miss that? Hell, how did everyone else with the same idiotic question? Thank you, stranger.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dis posted:

Hell, how did everyone else with the same idiotic question?

:v:

In my defense I don't have D4V yet. Though, it is $20 on EU PSN at the moment and I am tempted though I wanted a physical version..but those numbers..they call to me.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

kirbysuperstar posted:

:v:

In my defense I don't have D4V yet. Though, it is $20 on EU PSN at the moment and I am tempted though I wanted a physical version..but those numbers..they call to me.

The GameStop in my mall only received one in their initial shipment, and I was the guy who bought it.

I feel dirty for having been there.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I'm playing D4V at the moment and the heavy knight's lift-catch skill doesn't seem to let you throw again in the same turn. You could in D3 so is it changed or am I missing something?

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
Is there a way to tell how many hours you've put in to Disgaea 4 (Vita)? I can't find it anywhere. I don't know if i've been playing for 10 hours or 100.

e: the best way to immediately discover the answer for yourself is to ask a large audience.

70 hours….

Jerry Bindle fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 18, 2014

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Barnyard Protein posted:

Is there a way to tell how many hours you've put in to Disgaea 4 (Vita)? I can't find it anywhere. I don't know if i've been playing for 10 hours or 100.

e: the best way to immediately discover the answer for yourself is to ask a large audience.

70 hours….

Its in the data shop just to note..

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I believe most vita games tell you in the save menu too, if there's a little"i" click it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bunch of new characters and classes got shown off for D5

Somewhat interestingly it seems generic units may finally have unique sprites for attacks and the like :haw:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
What the gently caress is with the Priest design? They've always had a lanky design, but this is beyond the pale.

Double item use...does it actually USE the second item, or just add the effect?

I wonder how early the Fairy unlocks? They'd be the most useful early, when SP is most critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Why are the zombies maids? Why are the maids zombies? What's even going on there?

Also I love that in all the games, all the time, the Skulls/male magicians are described as "earnest". It's a fun little detail.

• Locked thread