Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I actually like Disgaea 3's story/dialogue more than Disgaea 2's; they were both kinda dull but at least D3 made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just saying Raspberyl is part of wave 2 of the DLC so you'll be able to get her later if you really want her.

So far it's

Wave 1: Adell, Rozalin, ThatgirlfromtheguidedfateparadoxIdon'tknowhername
Wave 2: Mao, Raspberyl, Salvatore
Wave 3: Zetta, Pram, Alex (Makai Kingdoms Wave)
Wave 4: Ash, Marona, Metallica (Phantom Brave/The Witch and 100 Knights)
Wave 5: Prier, Overlord Prier, Eclair (La Pucelle)

Nisa was one of the characters silhouetted, right? Is she not out in Japan yet?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does anywhere have information on how to unlock the classes? I can't find it in the Prima guide and I'm not about to start not using a samurai.

e: apparently this information is included in-game now!

e2: well, sorta. I'm going to guess that the ??? class for them is archers, based on the pattern in previous games.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 9, 2013

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Brasseye posted:

Anyone know how mages/skulls work this time around? Will I have to level up one of each element? It doesnt seem like I should seeing as theyre all in the same class now.

You choose an element for them as you create them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Brasseye posted:

Sorry, I mean for unlocking star mages, prism mages and so on.

No. Mages work identically to other classes now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My biggest complaint is that the fastest way to catch up a new character is to do tower attacks, which means accidentally overlevelling the rest of your team.

I was also kind of hoping that a return to Laharl/Etna/flonne would also mean a return to the incredibly entertaining dialogue/story from the first game, but I suppose that was really expecting too much.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mokinokaro posted:

You should have a link somewhere on the guide main page to subscribe to their newsletter. It'll unlock afterwards.

Trying to grind up to level 7 spear mastery to get the heavy knight. Not sure if it's faster to abuse 2-6 or item world.

I use I think 1-5 (the last map in world 1 to not have poison, might be 1-4 or 1-6). As far as I can tell, weapon level only cares about the number of times you attack, not enemy strength. It took me fewer than ten reps to get from rank 4 spears to rank 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man losing to the final boss auto restarts you at chapter 1.

I don't think I need to spoiler it but make sure you have save after every map in the final chapter like I did otherwise you're going to have a bad time. It kind of underlines what I said earlier though. Disgaea final bosses have always been rough first time through, but when he's 3-shotting level 140+ characters and 1-shotting level 110 mages even after being debuffed somethings wrong.

Grinding armor in the item world now, does anyone know if the Puppy Paw Stick is in here? Not sure what the method for duplicating staticians and the like is for this game.

A quick google shows no known item duplication method.

Apparently some changes to the Land of Carnage mean that you can max out stats without wearing any equipment at all, but no duping means the middle of the postgame will be a pain.

• Locked thread