Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Getting a Vita for Christmas means I finally can play Disgaea 3! I'm not really concerned with the story, I mean, I go through entire playthroughs of Star Ocean 3 without viewing a single cutscene. Is the gameplay still good? I hear it's good. I want to run my Vita's battery into the ground.

Whatever you do don't play 4 before 3. It's really hard to go back to those lovely sprites.

Also you might want to hold off buying 3 since it's supposed to be free for PSN plus members next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cart Cam posted:

I couldn't really get into Phantom Brave, but I felt that ZHP was one of the best PSP games if you're looking for a solid time sink and are a fan of Nippon Ichi's style and roguelike games even if it is easy compared to the standard roguelike.

ZHP is literally my favorite psp game and Nis game. Speaking of which, did they every say anything about a NA localization of the ps3 spiritual successor?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also the guy who made it didn't like ZHP's theme and thinks that people didn't like the aesthetic of it. That's why The Guided Fate Paradox is so... different.

Really? ZHP was the one of the only nis game where I actually did get into the story and themes (I mean, how many sentai roguelikes are there?). The aesthetic touches were also really nice like the different equipment types having different super hero themes. I hope paradox doesn't get to serious :ohdear:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

yellowcar posted:

It is a Bad Game.

This. It might be the most tedious SRPG I ever play.

I heard the later games were a little better so I have no idea why they ported the worst one.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

I got the random game freeze from a special attack today and it kind of killed my desire to play it until they patch it to fix those, and I have the disc version.

The same thing pretty much happened to me too. I was so hype over the prinny bomberman attack too :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

All of the streamlined changes so far are really good. I love the automatic diagonal throws.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

Have you watched the trailers? It looks... not good.

I thought the gameplay bits looked pretty good. From the trailers the actual story looks a bit to heavy for a nis game. Either way I'm getting it since Z.H.P was one of the best non-port games on the psp imo.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah these freezes are really killing the game for me. The last 3 times I tried to play I got to the end of the map only for it to freeze.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Somebody said something about the digital version crashing more. It's probably not my PS3 since it's a slim and I never had freezing problems with any other game before.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Nakar posted:

I've taken to autosaving and/or saving between battles. Unfortunately I have experienced freezes and there's no word on whether a patch will ever actually fix those issues. It's not so bad in that Disgaea maps tend to be quick, but I could see a freeze in the Item World being aggravating as all hell.

I really hope it does because the digital version is literally unplayable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they give an ETA on that patch? My digital version of the game froze up so much that it stopped me from playing entirely.

GFP gave me a scare when it froze in the middle of a dungeon, but it only happened once (also digital)

• Locked thread