Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of D3V, is there a quick way through the story levels? Early grinding spots, etc? I liked D3 and all, but I don't really want to spend too much time on the story stuff, I just wanna wreck face with Gig and Desco. I think I'm towards the end of chapter two, judging by my trophy list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not really until you get to the map "Corpse Eaters" near the end of the game (I think it's in chapter 7 or 8). After you beat it once normally if you try to replay it it loads up a level grinding map with enemies that stand up exp panels.

Oh, the one with the shrooms? Yeah I think that's the main one I used on the PS3. Bollocks. Oh well, at least I'll have Champloo to help me get through this, BOOM!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Playing D3V makes me really miss D4's sprites. God drat they were good looking. On the plus side I'm nearing the good grinding map and I cleared Ch 5 which I remember as being pretty awful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

anviroid posted:

I'm not even sure if they make a gameshark type dealy for this thing...

Nope, not unless you have custom firmware installed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Unknown_PC posted:

Lots of postgame cameo spoilers

The fellow was a "Vu~arubatoze" "Fenrihhi" condition. Eat a sardine from good!

God I love Google Translate.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oooh, I like the map preview thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vier posted:

Any news about the android Disgaea games getting released in Europe/translated?

I emailed whatever mob was supporting that game, as it was on my SGS2's Samsung Store, but wouldn't ever run after installation because of my region (Australia). They said it'd be available for everyone shortly.

That was 18 months ago. Yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Corpse Eaters :toot:

I should probably do the rest of the story now and get me some Gig.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's been a while since I played D4, but I think that was moved to either the Evility shop or Chara World.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Guess what day it is, Asagi!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

No, it wouldn't, but this is NIS and Asagi, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You'll never get your own game, Asagi.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, I forgot about that. I didn't play past one or two levels of Prinny 2 because I found it to be absolutely awful compared to the first.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The stages and enemy placements, platforms etc seemed to lose the very controlled placement and precision that the original had. The humour fell a bit flat (haha, get it, flat, just like 90% of NISA's jokes around that time) too, but that may have gotten better as the game went on.

Also I loved the music in the first game (Tower of Ice and First Impression especially) so much that I got all the drat records and did a soundtrack rip of it (hell if you see it around and all the tracks are about 3 minutes long, that was me), but I don't remember anything at all about Prinny 2's music.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I chucked two sets of shoes and an accelerator on Gig. Add in that he's considered a flying type and he somehow has way more ATK than Mao or Adell at roughly the same level and Item World becomes fairly straightforward. So far, anyway, I haven't gotten terribly deep into post-game (still doing Parallel Worlder stuff to get the DLC characters).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, Just Do It! is pretty great, up there with Slayer's Decent, Big Bang and Yog Sothoth as far as I see it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

In D4 is there any way to delete the game update data and revert to 1.00 without deleting your save data? I realize the save game will be unplayable until I reupdate.

I see a huge file under the game data utility menu, and then my two saves under the save data utility menu. If I just delete the one under game data utility then the save games will still be there, right?

Yeah, the only games that stores sava data in Game Data are LBP1/2 and FFXIII-2, I believe. Even then XIII-2's is just a profile, the actual save is in Save Data.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

What's the easiest way to get Statisticians in D3V anyway? For reference, I have Gig, Adell and Mao at about 1000, Rozalin at 800 or so. As for post game, I got up to Salvatore then started doing the side-stories to get the DLC characters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

You have to reverse pirate items until you find a Statistician. Then you'll have to pull off the Puppy Paw Stick glitch in the class world in order to duplicate innocents inside weapons or armor. Don't worry, they didn't mess with that. In fact, if you have a high Honor Quotient, stealing with the PPS is much easier.

Hm. Is there a dumbass guide to Reverse Pirating? You get that by beating a pirate group, right? I haven't come across any yet. And uh, where do you get the PPS, again?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Longinus, wasn't it? I remember something about it, but I never got that far in D1's postgame.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

:nyd: Champloo owns, and his laugh double-owns. Champloo's Laugh should be its own character, and just laugh for all his in-battle soundbytes.

The best Champloo moment was when someone asks him something that makes him panic and he just kinda goes "Nyaha! NYAHAHAHAHAHAHgoodbye" and runs off.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jesus, I did the Rutile/Stella scenario and Stella came with a Trapezhedron equipped. Hell yes.

Also Desco and Fuka's innate Evilities (Take no damage from regular attacks/revive with full HP and 50% more ATK) are super awesomely broken. Final boss power, motherfucker.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Of course most of the game is in the post game but overall it feels more like a big expansion than a real new game.

I thought it kinda was? Like a sorta thing to tide people over until Disgaea 5?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bigmandan posted:

I just found out in D3 Vita you can max out an item, regardless of rarity, just by killing the item god over and over again. You have to save up a lot of gency exits though.

Wait, what? So you.. kill the Item God, Gency out without clearing the stage, then repeat?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Uncle Jam posted:

Does D2 crash a lot for anyone else? It always happens during the animations, and it sucks to lose progress in item world.

Yeah, it's a widespread thing and as far as I know, NIS/NISA haven't said a word about it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PTizzle posted:

I know basically nothing about the Disgaea series, but I love strategy RPGs and really want to give one a go. I only have a PS3 so the options are basically 3 or 4. Which one should I go with and how badly will I suffer from not having played the previous games?

Disgaea 4, and basically not much at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I just want a portable version of Soul Nomad.

:smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

Monkey's Paw: Vita remake, but only comes out in Japan.

Nah, we could still import that. The REAL Monkey's Paw would be a 3DS remake that never leaves Japan.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's an updated port, as usual, so you're not missing out on too much.

Except for accidentally spending an hour on the can due to grinding.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

She doesn't act like Gig. She acts like some 13 year old writer's idea of a "badass".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zilkin posted:

How geopanel heavy are the maps in D3 btw? Almost through 2 now, and I'm not huge fan of how much more geopanel puzzle maps there seems to be in dark hero days compared to the first game.

A little, but it's pretty different and easier to deal with I think.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

darealkooky posted:

When the gently caress are we getting a soul nomad port?

Probably never. I wish to God we got one, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

It's balanced out by the fact that you don't need to gently caress with Statisticians anymore.

Say what?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh. Ooooh poo poo. I'm suddenly looking forward to D4 Portable a looot more.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Edit: is all the DLC included in the base game like D3 vita?

Yessiree. Disgaea 2 Portable was the only odd duck with that, as far as I know.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

HGH posted:

Especially when some of the DLC was weirdly skipped overseas and bugged up stuff like completion.

I am still miffed that we never got Gig.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Munin posted:

Does that mean that there is no way to keep an archive of your old saves as they get autodeleted when you need to make space on your (very much storage limited) Vita?

Aside from backing the save up to PS+ or the game+data to a PC/PS3? Yes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Munin posted:

Ah, so there is at least a way to maintain your saves then. PS+ storage, saves wise, is plentiful and robust I hope?

Yeah, you get a GB of storage.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Shoehead posted:

4 is out on vita tomorrow here in Europe and I can't wait. There's something about handhelds that make me want to play srpgs.

Gotta wait until the 11th here in Australia :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sardines was also (generally speaking) limited to the Next Episode dialogue. He mentions it a few times during the normal story stuff, but not overwhelmingly so.

Though, I totally get why people got sick of it.

• Locked thread