Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
I'm reminded I need to finish out Disgaea 4 post game stuff at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
So Disgaea D2 reverts back to Weapon Mastery experience bars rather than Fortes?

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Smello posted:

I want to see Asagi grow so deranged and insane from bouncing from universe to universe that she finally falls into 'her' game but loses the main character spot and becomes the villain (or mini-boss) instead.

She's pretty crazy in Asagi Mode for the first Prinny game.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Sweet. I've been looking forward to Eclair ever since she was announced for Dark Hero Days... then never delivered to non-Japanese audiences.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Lizard Wizard posted:

:stare:

Whoa, okay. Guess I'll be rotating him through the various elements sooner than I planned.

EDIT: How's the Raspberyl DLC? Worth it?

It's a fun side story that unlocks some nice things like new abilities for Rasberyl's lackies, some unique weapons and Auron as a playable character

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

King of Solomon posted:

Additionally, that guy misspelled the character's name.

Yes. I double checked and very much so.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
So D2 has dual specials or something?

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Monomythian posted:

Teggs was talking about the Climax Combo Collabo at the 3:00 min mark, I think.

Edit: Oh, Metallica is a monster class, so it is a Magi Change type attack, weird.

Yeah, the thing she did with Laharl.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
I don't mind paying a bit extra for DLC I want, rather than just getting it all and having my roster full of characters I don't care about because I feel obligated to unlock everything that's available.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Just for clarification, does this guide need to be ordered from a specific place?

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

5er posted:

I know I'm years late on this but I kind of set aside Disgaea 3 and 4 after scraping past their main stories with lead characters barely making it past lv 120. I know that means I left a lot of 'game' untouched, but I'm getting around to it now (particularly considering how much more good stuff is packed into the Vita D3 over the PS3 copy that's been gathering dust on a shelf).

I have a question relative to Disgaea 3, but some background first. One of my favorite units to cook up in both 1 and 2, was a final-tier ghost that had every omega/tera elemental and healing spell, and buffs / debuffs inherited from subordinates via the old learning system.
There are two significant differences for 3 and 4 that I can see, if I want to once again cook up a mana regenerating apocalyptic soul loving ghost. First, there's a limit to the number of abilities a unit can carry, so there's not much point in trying to get every spell on the ghost possible. No big deal, I can work with that.
Second, the 'inheritance' system isn't what it used to be, and I'm trying to wrap my head around it at the moment. I just simply want to know- if I plan on getting the Tera element / heal spells on that ghost, I'm going to need to have the respective casters ground up to the right level and mana so that they have the abilities I want for the ghost, and then I put the ghost through that unit's 'Class'/'Chara' world in order to obtain them?

And then I could go into the ghost's own Class/Chara world to buff him up like I would a weapon in Item World?

I believe it's possible in Disgaea 3 to organize a unit's skills and place unused skills into 'storage'. So you could remove all non-Omega/Tera level spells from the unit's available skill list while still actually knowing them, thus giving you more space. So you could theoretically make a character that knows every single spell and weapon skill in the game still.

Going to Class World randomly buffs the unit's stat adjustments, up to either 255% or 300%. You get a +1% for each Dropout you kill and maybe five +1% for killing the Class World President. You can only enter the Class World a maximum of three times per reincarnation though (at Genius level).

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

5er posted:

I'm aware of that... but since you can't take every possible known ability into the field, there's no point learning up the stuff that'll never be equipped in favor of preferred spells. If anything what I can tell it's a discouragement to not simply have one omnipotent alpha caster, and to have multiple units if you intend to field all spells.

Cool, thanks for the information! Am I right though that I'm using class/chara world to 'inherit' abilities off of said unit I'm world'ing into?

In Disgaea 3, you can use the Class World to allow the unit whose world you are entering to learn abilities known by other members of the same Club or to learn Evilities not normally available to that unit.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Anyone else get the guide having trouble getting Raspberryl?

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
For those of you who got the Prima guides, Rasberyl is finally available.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Kris xK posted:

FYI, the Rasberyl DLC is currently free on PSN.

I'm still kinda miffed that after waiting patiently for the PRIMA Rasberyl code to become and finding out that was for a post-game character instead of right away like Fallen Angel Flonne.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Zilkin posted:

Is it necessary to transmigrate your dudes in D1 if I'm only planning on playing through the main plot?

Not any more than it is in other games. It's something that couldn't hurt but really shouldn't be bothered until you've reached a good grinding map.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Speaking of DLC, are there any in D2 really worth getting?

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Well, there are two bosses besides Mid-Boss that give you special endings if you lose to them but you also have to have been killing your own party members and there really isn't much point towards doing so except for saying you've seen all the endings.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Yeah, I took a peek at Metallia's D2 DLC and she much different than Gig. Gig is general rear end in a top hat with lots of cussing. Metallia is someone trying to be badass while making constant dick and fart jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Don't worry about it. These games were meant to eat a lot of time. I think I had over 370 hours clocked on the original PS2 Disgaea.

...I didn't know you didn't have to kill everything in the item world and would leave the game on while I went to bed or work.

• Locked thread