Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I mostly played the Exile and Avernum trilogy, the more recent games I skipped on, but those games by themselves gave me a lot of gametime. Blades was also great, even withot going for add on compaigns. One thing I really enjoyed was making a party of full magic types with brittle bones and completely inept, you would think it would fail horrifically but magic and summoned monsters kept you out of melee, and you gained levels so fast your artillery got really mean really fast. Even magic immune creatures cant handle four blessed archers with haste and four swarms of lizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Bold Robot posted:

Exile 3 was an amazing game, I got it on a MacAddict shareware disc back in the day. It was the first shareware game I ever registered.

I've been playing the new Avernum and it's pretty great, but I can't wait for him to remake Avernum 3 (which is itself a remake of Exile 3). Much cooler setting and story.

Always glad to see Vogel get some recognition, not too many people from the shareware era are still out there making great games.

I'm pretty sure Avernum 3 has been out for awhile?? http://www.avernum.com/avernum3/index.html

Granted it's not using the new, fancy game setup but if you're used to Exile style system mechanics it's probably more intuitive to return to.

e: Or, wait, is Vogel making remakes of the remakes now? Oh god he is, with the same name too?

nftyw fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 16, 2013