Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It should be noted that you can buy Avernum 1-6 on GoG for the exact same price that the 4-6 bundle goes for on Steam:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/avernum_the_complete_saga

$12 for all 6 games is a steal considering how much mileage you get out of them, and it's a great starting point for anyone who's interested in these sorts of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

andrew smash posted:

In the recent AMA he responded to that question specifically by stating that he would prefer to have a small number of well-balanced spells that each fill a particular niche than a poo poo ton of spells that are mostly crappily implemented.

There are some cool spells in Exile that I wish made it into Avernum, like Mind Duel I think it was called? That was a fun spell to use in the late game.

But for every cool spell like that there were a bunch that you'd never use, like Sticks to Snakes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zereth posted:

I can't loving wait for Avernum 2, it was the best of the trilogy. :allears:

A remake of the early Geneforge games that's less of a pain to get working on my modern computer would also be nice.

I am all sorts of ready to go down waterfalls and find that stupid crank or w/e for the waterway gate again!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I think 3 has the cooler late game though 2 definitely has the better first half without a doubt.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have been looking forward to repeating the experience of going over waterfalls and losing all my food for quite awhile now, really can't wait for the 2 remake.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I do wish he could have struck a nice balance when streamlining them. Exile had a lot of completely useless spells but it also had some really cool ones that didn't make it. Mind duel was fun to use against certain enemies!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Just a heads up that the Spiderweb kickstarter has less than 24 hours to go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror

This is the first time I've ever given money to a video game kickstarter because I figure if Vogel says it's coming out in May 2019 then unless something terrible happens, it's coming out in May 2019.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wanderer posted:

At the risk of seeming like a shill, I sat down with Jeff Vogel and his wife Mariann Kriszan right before PAX this year to talk about Queen's Wish, and I pulled a couple of questions for the interview from this thread.

https://www.gameskinny.com/hr5qq/yo...h-the-conqueror

Good interview! Since I kickstarted the game I wasn't paying attention to a lot of the info out there and his answers there have definitely gotten me excited to play it, on 9/11.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

atholbrose posted:

Kickstarter backers remain the worst. People complaining about the launch discount, describing a $2 difference as "a slap in the face".

Yea it's lovely. Same with the complaints about not getting a key yet. It's like 6 AM over there, sure I wish I could have gotten my key this morning to try it out before work but it's not the end of the world and it's way too early in the day to fret about it just yet.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GreenNight posted:

HEY I'm just complaining in here and not sending Jeff nasty emails. I'm sure he's swamped, it's launch day.

Your post didn't even come off as a complaint to me since you were just wondering when it'll come and not moaning about how much better you'd have it if you didn't kickstart, so it's all cool :cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Joe Man posted:

Hope the "close out our career" mention in the video wasn't a sign that this is his final game.

He calls Queen's Wish a trilogy in that kickstarter so if nothing else I could buy the idea that this will be his last non-remake series of games.