Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

nftyw posted:

I'm pretty sure Avernum 3 has been out for awhile?? http://www.avernum.com/avernum3/index.html

Granted it's not using the new, fancy game setup but if you're used to Exile style system mechanics it's probably more intuitive to return to.

e: Or, wait, is Vogel making remakes of the remakes now? Oh god he is, with the same name too?

They're not QUITE the same names. He's using the Avernum titles, which were just Avernum and a number, along with the old exile subtitles. So you have Avernum 1: Escape from the Pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

So I'm doing the quest in A2:Crystal Souls to find the three giant statues. I found the one in the giant cave, the one in the village north of that, and I THOUGHT I found one in the fort but I'm only showing 2 statues in quest items. Did I miss one somewhere or am I bugged?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The one in the giant fort is in the southwest where the demon was, so double-check that. And if it's not there, then double-check the other two locations as well; maybe you only got it in an alternate universe that you load-save'd out of.

I already sanctified both of those altars :(

Edit: Oh! It was in a chest, not on an altar. weird.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 27, 2015

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

It's crazy to think that far ahead. In five years this engine will probably look and feel as dated as avenum does now.

Still, Geneforge 1 especially deserves to be given a new life.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

The combat being 90% crowd controls makes every fight in the late game tedious as hell. Monsters just spam summons constantly and everyone else is just spamming stun, fear, charm, etc and they don't seem to be as limited on energy as you are.

I liked it overall but had to turn it down to casual for the last loving bit because it just became too much. I also never quite figured out what armor and stuff was good. I felt like the whole game I was fighting to keep my damage numbers the same, rather than increase them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

What did the re-release change? I was under the impression it was just mostly compatibility with more modern oses.