Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
I'm highly excited for this LP, as I've heard nothing but awesome things about this game.

As a suggestion, is there any way you can turn the volume of the game itself up? You guys have been pretty good about not talking over the cutscenes, but there's an awful lot of dialogue and sound ambiance that goes on during the actual gameplay and I basically couldn't make any of it out during the first video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Thirding the notion. I thought the game sounds were far too low, but I hear no static nonsense.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

aerion111 posted:

Personally, I generally don't want people to edit out anything - I'll skip ahead myself if you get boring, otherwise I'd rather see the game for what it is.
I seem to be 'outvoted' though, and since I've already played this game I don't really care either way (if I hadn't played it, I'd prefer to see if the game is boring, as chances are I'd be considering buying bad games if the post-edit versions look far more exiting than they really are)

I do somewhat protest editing out driving on the note that I love the driving in this game, though.

I actually agree. I prefer to decide for myself what's not worth seeing when I'm watching an LP. Just my view though.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
I reiterate my insistence that you should keep the driving sections in. They appear to be some of the best parts of the game, at least per those who have played it.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

Man Dancer posted:

I have to say I was legitimately very disturbed when you started hitting Tiffany, scrubbed ahead and saw more violence towards her and just closed the video. I'm only speaking to my own reaction, and I'm laying zero claims that I can dictate behavior, but I got serious chills and I'm dropping the thread.

I liked the LP up to that point, and I'm considering picking up the game, so thanks for showing it off.

Yeah, this is basically the same reaction I had to that sequence. I don't know if I'm gonna leave the thread or not (probably not), but for all the ludicrously cartoonish violence that this game glories in, there was something viscerally different to me about that. I was disturbed by it, and I'm not sure I can explain why my reaction was so different than it was to all the other violence in this or other games. It's not like I avoid destroying hordes of people in hilarious, ultraviolent ways in most games, nor is it like I don't enjoy it, or have not been enjoying the leg breaking, circumstantial deaths, and car wrecks.

I mean, yeah, this is how most people played the game, of course. It might even be how I would have played it. But, well... weird.

Lobster_Horde posted:

If that guy's opinion that this was sexist trash is valid, isn't the other guy's opinion that that's a stupid opinion equally valid?

Anyway, the true horror of this LP is its glorification of police brutality and policemen putting themselves above the laws. That is a thing that happens in real life, and it's not funny. It's not something to make fanart of. Do your part to advance social justice, boycott this LP.

:frogout:

GenHavoc fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 15, 2013

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

JossiRossi posted:

Who were those dashing, humorous, young men with the voice of angels?

Voices that rain fire and turn seas to blood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
I've got video here.

• Locked thread