Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I thought there was a tradition in Hong Kong of giving kids an English name along with their Chinese name. It's how you get Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Jet Li, among others.

For countries like singapore or malayasia, it's common for people to have 'christian' or english names simply because it's easier for foreigners (like me! :sweatdrop:) to pronounce over their given name. I imagine it's a matter of convenience in hong kong too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Flat Banana posted:

Also, high five to Delacroix, SG/MY goons represent

I'm embarrassingly australian :v:. I do however have friends in S'pore/MY so I have been exposed first-hand of coping with silly ang mo.

Lunethex posted:

Any chance Wei Shen is immune to electricity? He can take swords and knives pretty well but I dunno about volts.

I think Wei Shen is quite accustomed to electricity in the line of duty even if he isn't on the receiving end. :colbert:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

TechnoSyndrome posted:

That hospital is my favorite place to goof around in Sleeping Dogs. I've got multiple videos there on my YouTube channel of just motorcycle shenanigans and messing around with a glitch I found in there involving the double doors. I've probably spent literal hours just in that one building, which is kind of sad now that I think about it.

I spent time a lot of messing around in the hospital too. Besides heckling patients and nurses vaulting over tables and people, I also drove cars into the semi-circle glass section in the front and seeing how far I could windshield cannon into the reception area.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

monster on a stick posted:

I'm missing these DLC (at least the ones that aren't XP or money):
- Square Enix Character
- Retro Triad
- Street Racer
- Tactical Soldier
- Screen Legends
- Drunken Fist
- Gangland Style
- Law Enforcer

I will probably play this game again because it was fun, but 40 cents is 40 cents and I don't want to buy DLC that is lame and I'll never use. Which ones are pretty good and I'll end up using?

The Rico Rodriguez outfit gives you a revolver that also has 16 shots of grenades which is a lot of hand held destruction, the character pack is worth it for that. Drunken Fist gives you the moves from the final boss of the Zodiac Tournament but it can be a little dangerous to use when surrounded because some of the heavy moves are drawn out. It is hilarious to beat people up with it however!

• Locked thread