Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Sweet been waiting for this since I saw it in the Sandcastle. DOnt know much about the game but it looks proper fun.

Hong Kong is one of my favourite cities in the world and lends itself as a great setting. Excited as I am moving to Shenzhen 40 minutes from HK in August so I clearly need to learn about using the environment to protect myself from gangs :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

aha I am buying this game when I get back to the UK in July. A fish as a weapon? Just amazing!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

So I just bought the game and I am loving it!

One thing that does not come across from the LPs is the quality of the music I really love the soundtrack in the game especially the opening title beats!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

The idea that Wei Shen is on a raging rampage fits.

I really just want Wei to get into his car and do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg :allears:

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

Wow so are you from Hong Kong or have you had experience with the area, because I'd love to know how much they really got right in the little details. :)

It not exactly on The Getaway street for street, icon for icon level detail but its very good. Its kinda of downsized version but it does have the general feel of the area, the back alley ways, the trams, same colour taxis, the street feel, the noise that tells you when to cross the road is very unique to HK.

However it could be better, the population needs to be at least 6 times more to get the real feel and if your in the downtown area your console should make petrol fume smell and a Octopus card for fast travel on the subway which is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, especially if you rgrew up with the Glasgow underground which is basically a circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

If anyone here knows, how DO Hong Kong and the Chinese territorial region handle non-Chinese people living within the cities? I mean it's probably a case-to-case basis and there can't be a generalisation but there has to be some anecdotes around here on that. :v:

Never been to Mainland China but spent a fair amount of time in Hong Kong. It definitely feels very welcoming to Europeans and the British influence plays a part.

My own experiences is kind of being a white person equates to money. So on a random night out I managed to get into clubs with like trainers and trackies on after going to the gym. You would never get away with that in any club in Glasgow.

I guess the same cant be said for Filipino people..

Also even people in HK don't seem to even like main landers all that much. They often complain about their poor manners and stealing school places.

I always get the feeling that Hong Kongers(sic) are proud to be Chinese but definetly think they are better, which is probably true but makes them seem arrogant.

But wonder if anyone else has a different take, someone who lives there, though I'm going to Shenzhen next week which is 45 mins away from HK!

• Locked thread