Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
This game is so good. Looking forward to more of this, especially JossiRossi cringing at the upcoming environmental kills.

The cast of the game is so great, I can't think of a low point, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
I might be wrong but I don't think you can add stuff to the preset outfits such as drunken master.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Karthe posted:

What's the deal with Ghost Pig mask? Is it from a previous True Crime game? Sleeping Dogs is the only game in the series that I've played, so while I enjoyed running around with it on, I completely missed the reference.

Well there are posters for the Ghost Pig movie pretty much all over Hong Kong (in the game, that is) so I think it's just a reference to that. Also to quote the games thread title, Sleeping Dogs is TOTALLY NOT TRUE CRIME!

Man I forgot how cool the default bike is, handles like rear end, but cool.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
Hey Donuts, was that a sword next to your tv? That's a DLC thing, right? Don't tell me I missed a baller rear end sword laying around the apartment.

Follow-up question: Are you going to chop dudes with the sword?

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I am so terribly bad at the combat. :smith:

I think it's partly framerate issues. Edit: And my tightfisted nature. Pork buns? Energy drinks? I'm not made of money!

Call Tran if you haven't already.

Damnit Chocolate Donuts you've got me playing the game again. I forgot just how great it is. Best video game cast, best classical radio station, best driving. GOTY Year of the Dragon.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
More driving would also let us listen to the radio some more (not saying you should stay quiet while driving, Donuts). The radio stations offer a bit of everything, some of it is complete trash but there's Duran Duran AND Tchaikovsky

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Sleeping Dogs actually has a nice balance, clothing wise. You can have full on Hotline Miami nuttiness, like we've been seeing, but it's also pretty easy to put together more normal looking bad outfits, and some actually pretty sweet ensembles that fit the cutscenes and overall tone. (Though I did get annoyed that the default jacket is way cooler than almost every other low-level top.)
Speaking of, I kind of feel it's time for a costume change. Pig mask, rip-ped abs and boxers are cool and all, but there is a lot of clothing and special outfits to show off, it would be a shame not to.

Leg break is the best, a good follow-up move for later is the arm break. Twice the crippling effect!

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

:swoon: did you do this? I love it!

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
:allears: A thing of beauty.
If I would've done anything differently it would just be cutting back and forth from the badge to Wei slamming one guy's head in a car door, for 2 minutes, but that is pretty much my favourite environmental kill so I may be biased.

When considering Jack Slate vs. Wei Shen you also have to into account that Jack has a "dog" (wolfbeast from hell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
I think some of the reason for Tiffany's delivery being off at first is to mimic how people in clubs sometimes talk oddly to make sure they're heard over the music. Maybe I'm just rationalizing.

I can't find any proof that it really is Will Yun Lee singing during the karaoke but it sounds like him and I think I might have read the same thing you did near the games release.

• Locked thread