Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, there must be something wrong with kissmanga's scraper because everything I've tried reading on there in the last couple of days is missing pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:allears: delightful plot, this manga never fails to deliver.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hahaha I just realized that this page is totally a reference to Fist of the North Star.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

It's not even "some pages," it's over half of them! The chapter barely makes sense on kissmanga. They didn't even have the full-page spread of Hina using the umbrella to protect the dog, OR the page where she got the umbrella in the first place. Just terrible.

Which is a shame, because this chapter was really great.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
So I've managed to finish what's available, and goddamn this manga is fun. The chapters where Anzu is taken in and begins working tug at some personal heartstrings, as I've actually lived with a young family member who had spent her entire life up until then homeless. I can very much empathize with how gutwrenchingly hard it is to get them to understand some aspects of unconditional love and whatnot.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

More good news, looks like this new Norway guy is improving some older chapters as well as working on the new stuff!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What a wonderful series. I felt like dying reading the original scanlations but after getting to the more decent ones, it's such an enjoyable read. Everyone is a goofball, a child, or an idiot. I don't think there's a competent one of the bunch outside of Hitomi and Anzu, and I like it that way! So many amazingly well-timed comedic moments, and just adorable at other times.

It's been really great so far so I hope they don't ruin it with any grimdark sci-fi bullshit. Somehow I doubt it considering how much of a boob Ikaruga is, but hopefully my fears are unfounded.

I think the thread title should just be "Hinamatsuri: I feel bad for Nitta." That's what I thought to myself after every other chapter.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 27, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is new I think: Chapter 24.5

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Nate RFB posted:

This is new I think: Chapter 24.5

Hitomi's really taken the bar as her own, hasn't she? Poor Utako didn't stand a chance.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Utako doesn't even get words of consolation.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

cooldude2.0 posted:

Utako doesn't even get words of consolation.

I want to believe she was being sarcastic.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/hinamatsuri/v06/c029/1.html

EDIT: Another hapless classmate gets sucked into Hina's vortex of chaos. :allears:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 23, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/hinamatsuri/v06/c029/1.html

EDIT: Another hapless classmate gets sucked into Hina's vortex of chaos. :allears:

By the look of it, it seems like more than just the hapless classmate got sucked into Hina's vortex of chaos! Which is the best thing about this.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I don't think I like this chapter's foray into dark horror. Accidentally calling your teacher 'mama' is every kid's worst nightmare. :gonk:

Also gonna take this opportunity to update the OP with better images and a note about the recent revisions of older chapters.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I laughed so hard at the end of the chapter. Circuits in our heads, indeed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Aaaaaaand we're back with Chapter 30.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
It'll never stop being perfect will it :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best kind of continuity. :allears:

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

The best kind of continuity. :allears:

Yeah, along with the punchline for the chapter. :neckbeard:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
You all say :allears:, but if you really met Hina you would go :stare: just like that boy.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I like how Hina's slowly becoming more expressive and better at communicating, but still basically doesn't give a poo poo about anything but eating, sleeping, and video games.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mary Annette posted:

I like how Hina's slowly becoming more expressive and better at communicating, but still basically doesn't give a poo poo about anything but eating, sleeping, and video games.

Well it is better than her getting serious and wrecking the entire city.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Chapter 31!

You know what we were all saying about any one of the girls being able to carry their own manga?

Jesus Christ, Hitomi.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Mary Annette posted:

Chapter 31!

You know what we were all saying about any one of the girls being able to carry their own manga?

Jesus Christ, Hitomi.

:lol: Oh my god. Oh my god, I'm dying here. :laffo:

I really am, my face is numb because I can't breathe due to all the laughter! Oh poor, poor Hitomi. She really just became fast-tracked to a top career at the age of 12! And all because she just went with what other people said!! Isn't this child labor?? It's so marvelously surreal even without a spacey psychic girl! Never stop suffering. Never.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 12, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was the best chapter for the best girl. I'm glad I read the chapter at home, because I literally fell onto the floor while laughing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think my favorite bit was "What the hell did I like about this woman...?". Although the tag line along the side on the last page is great too.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mary Annette posted:

Jesus Christ, Hitomi.

Emptyquotin' dis'.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I think my favorite bit was "What the hell did I like about this woman...?".

Nitta really is the moral compass of the cast, if only by default.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

Isn't this child labor??

The number of hours worked by Hitomi at each individual company remains within the permitted limits for child workers. Of course, Hitomi works dozens of jobs at the same time, but none of her employers are responsible for her being such an eager beaver.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 12, 2013

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
40 pages packed with Hitomi!

And what an amazing 40 pages it was. Never stop suffering, Hitomi.

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013

Level Seven posted:

40 pages packed with Hitomi!

And what an amazing 40 pages it was. Never stop suffering, Hitomi.

Suffering? At this rate she'll be a retired millionaire in her early 30's, while I'll still be paying back student loans.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiger Shark posted:

Suffering? At this rate she'll be a retired millionaire in her early 30's, while I'll still be paying back student loans.

Given her personality and inability to refuse anything to anyone, she'll be a millionaire in her 30s but she'd have pledged all her wealth and tithed all her income to various charitable organizations and so she'd be forced to keep working as hard as she can, all her life, in order to meet her promises.

On an entirely unrelated point, Hitomi's mother is really, really short.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 12, 2013

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

JosephWongKS posted:

Given her personality and inability to refuse anything to anyone, she'll be a millionaire in her 30s but she'd have pledged all her wealth and tithed all her income to various charitable organizations and so she'd be forced to keep working as hard as she can, all her life, in order to meet her promises.

This is completely wrong. She'll keep working because people will have asked her to keep working.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Poor Hitomi.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
that was the best chapter of the best manga

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Forget about Hina, the one with the actual superpowers is Hitomi.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rexides posted:

Forget about Hina, the one with the actual superpowers is Hitomi.
She's probably qualified for canonization based on bilocation.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 32: Nitta - A man thirsting for blood, violence and money

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
How long has it been since this was about Hina? Not that I particularly mind, of course.

That said, this chapter seemed a bit lackluster, though perhaps it's merely diminished by the brilliance of its predecessor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Hina telling Nitta that she is his daughter. :allears: