Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Oh my god. That poor fellow.

On second thought, I felt a lot worse for the mother. I hope this is one of those plot lines where the guy will probably straighten himself out just to 'catch up' to Hitomi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I always forget about this manga, and then every time a new issue comes out I'm reminded how much I love this thing.

Hitomi really is the best.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Hitomi still owns everything forever.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God, Hitomi is loving terrifying when you see her from an outsider's perspective.

:perfect::perfect::perfect::perfect: indeed

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
A new chapter is up. It's good to see Anzu is still doing well at making sure every other character looks like a terrible, selfish person (well, maybe not Hitomi).

I wonder what Hina is up to, being lost on a snowy mountain? I'm going to guess slaughtering small animals with her powers and eating them raw.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mentat Radnor posted:

A new chapter is up. It's good to see Anzu is still doing well at making sure every other character looks like a terrible, selfish person (well, maybe not Hitomi).

I wonder what Hina is up to, being lost on a snowy mountain? I'm going to guess slaughtering small animals with her powers and eating them raw.

Link to the new chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hinamatsuri/Vol-008-Ch-045--At-the-Boundary-between-Reality-and-Fantasy?id=232627

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nitta, no. You should know by now that Hina will destroy any happiness in your life.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
It is amazing how Nitta's line of "How much should I pay to have you instead of Hina" is both hilarious and sad

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Awwww, Anzu is such a sweet and pure child. She has all the appeal of a hard-working, yet innocent and good-natured orphan. :unsmith: It was hilarious seeing her innocence slowly chip away at Nitta's sanity.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nitta deserves Hina.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nitta deserves Hina.

He got one thing right: he probably would have hosed up raising either one.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
New chapter.

Huh. Well she just casually dropped that on them.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Hina makes a snowman. And other things out of snow.

What happened could make for some interesting classroom conversations and interactions. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I hadn't realized that Hitomi didn't already know. I'm kind of disappointed that she didn't go find and kill a deer for them to eat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's just your average middle school student, no way could she murder an animal.

She probably doesn't even know how to use a gun, for crying' out loud.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am now rereading the early chapters. It's amazing how much better the Norway translations are. I find myself wondering how I got into this series with the old ones.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The random bits of Spanish are weird, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I was confused a bit during the chapters where Anzu starts living/working with the restaurant owners, but Hitomi really is the best.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 10, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Nitta, Anzu and Hitomi are really the actual main characters, Hina is just kind of there to make Nitta's life worse

(Also that image is table-breaking dogg)

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The random bits of Spanish are weird, though.

If you're talking about the 'mesa' line, I think the translator was trying to convey the lameness of the kid's joke by having him do a Jar-Jar Binks impression.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

If you're talking about the 'mesa' line, I think the translator was trying to convey the lameness of the kid's joke by having him do a Jar-Jar Binks impression.

No, there are a few places where people say phrases in Spanish. Were I to guess, it's probably where the original had English? The original Azumanga Daioh release did the same thing for the first volume or two. It stands out in an odd way.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The "NORWAY" jokes bother me more than they perhaps should.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
They bother me too. I assume it's a reference to something, but I don't know what.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

The Evil Thing posted:

They bother me too. I assume it's a reference to something, but I don't know what.

It's the translator group, Norway Scans. I hated it at first too cause it felt a little forced but it's actually started to grow on me.

They do it in their other translations as well.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

I hated it at first too cause it felt a little forced but it's actually started to grow on me.

:agreed:, and it's the only group I know the name of.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's a new chapter and i totally don't remember who that woman is

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think she's new

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's the third esper girl who was stranded on the island and re-enacted Castaway.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
I could have sworn I was reading Zai x 10 for most of that chapter.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link for convenience - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hinamatsuri/Vol-009-Ch-047--Rock--N-Roll-x-Illusion?id=236860

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Oh Mao. :allears: She's so crazy, and yet despite it all she's probably the most talented esper of them all. Anzu's pretty weak, and Hina's ludicrously powerful, but Mao seems to have real talent. But I love how she's just a complete lunatic.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No! my iPhone!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm glad the author finally remembered her and that she wasn't trapped on the island forever.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
You're all missing the best part of this. There was a 3 year time skip. I'm sure Hitomi is the Mayor of Tokyo by now.

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
I'm beginning to like that Rocksion dude. Oh, and looking forward to having Mao in the fold.

Also, three years? What the hell? There's a timeskip?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

You're all missing the best part of this. There was a 3 year time skip. I'm sure Hitomi is the Mayor of Tokyo by now.

I think you are dangerously underestimating Hitomi.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
Harta magazine only publishes 10 times a year, so it really has been about three years since Hina was in the band.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am excited to see what the timeskip has in store for our friends. Hina & Hitomi in particular.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
I don't think there was a time skip, I think this is the normal passage of time since the comic started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
3 years? No way, we started with the kids in middle school and, last we saw, they still were there (in the same class, even). This is definitely a timeskip.