Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
A magic spell that can make one happy with one bowl of beef rice. It's called poverty!

The last panel is amazing as usual. Those two are just too oblivious in their own ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Rexides posted:

Anzu is the best kid :unsmith:

Is there any other manga that deals with poverty in neither a completely comical nor a tearjerking way? I like how this manga shows the seriousness of her situation without feeling exploitative about it.
Not really.

Alyosha has some moments where Alyosha reminds me of Anzu. But they are not as common as they should be.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Alyosha/Ch-025--A-Warrior-s-Break?id=128258#8

Strongest Man Kurosawa has a pretty good arc about homeless people.

After this there is only stuff like "Poor Poor Lips" or "Hyakuen" which are less exploitive in their comedy than usual.

... Now that I think about it, there might be some anime in the world masterpiece series that deal with that.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Chapter 21 is out and it is seriously scary. Even Utako is scared.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

A chapter with character development for Hina and then one for Anzu....

I am just impressed how there are so different but so amazingly deep characters in the same manga. Most stories don't even manage one.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Looks like we got some more prove that Hina and Anzu grew up together.

Maybe Hina will remember that she could have sent Anzu back, once Anzu got used to those Grandparents and wants to live there happily ever after.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Really gonna be disappointed if there's no follow-through on the top 5 foods list thing.

1. Salmon Roe
2. (tie) Everything Else

Now I have to reread the whole series to check, if she ever commented on different food.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hinamatsuri/Vol-006-Ch-028--And-Hina-Acts-As-Usual?id=17
Looks like the new character actually knows Hina.
The expectations they have of her are just so fitting. :allears:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

You all say :allears:, but if you really met Hina you would go :stare: just like that boy.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Sorry for the double post, but here's chapter 36 at last.

Sabu :argh: Also I vaguely recall that actually sealing someone in concrete would kill them anyway since concrete heats up tremendously when it hardens.
They used some of that fake movie concrete.

Being unable to facepalm might be the worst possible situation for Nitta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

What were those two orbs that fell into the water? Her clothes and equipment? Welp.
I am pretty sure those are the teleport beads that she and Hina need to go home.