Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Rexides posted:

Anzu is the best kid :unsmith:

Is there any other manga that deals with poverty in neither a completely comical nor a tearjerking way? I like how this manga shows the seriousness of her situation without feeling exploitative about it.

Disappearance Diary, a one volume autobiographical work by Hideo Azuma, has large sections where he's living homeless. I think it fits the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I get that it's some kind of prerelease, but I couldn't help but hear his sister's voice in some kind of stereotypical Slavic accent. "While I'm not doing anything, food is great and there's beer. This is the heaven."

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
With all these releases, can we... can we call it a Hinamatsurimasturi?

I'm so sorry. :cripes:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
How long has it been since this was about Hina? Not that I particularly mind, of course.

That said, this chapter seemed a bit lackluster, though perhaps it's merely diminished by the brilliance of its predecessor.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
On a 1-10 disaster scale, that was easily a 1 . What the heck.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
She's just bad at saying "no."

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
So does Hitomi not know about the telekinesis? I guess my memory isn't serving me well, because I thought she long since knew what was up with that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's always 4/20 in your heart, if you believe.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's good to see a great chapter of Hinamatsuri that doesn't depend on Hitomi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God, Hitomi is loving terrifying when you see her from an outsider's perspective.

:perfect::perfect::perfect::perfect: indeed

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nitta deserves Hina.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I hadn't realized that Hitomi didn't already know. I'm kind of disappointed that she didn't go find and kill a deer for them to eat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am now rereading the early chapters. It's amazing how much better the Norway translations are. I find myself wondering how I got into this series with the old ones.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The random bits of Spanish are weird, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I was confused a bit during the chapters where Anzu starts living/working with the restaurant owners, but Hitomi really is the best.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 10, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

If you're talking about the 'mesa' line, I think the translator was trying to convey the lameness of the kid's joke by having him do a Jar-Jar Binks impression.

No, there are a few places where people say phrases in Spanish. Were I to guess, it's probably where the original had English? The original Azumanga Daioh release did the same thing for the first volume or two. It stands out in an odd way.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am excited to see what the timeskip has in store for our friends. Hina & Hitomi in particular.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
3 years? No way, we started with the kids in middle school and, last we saw, they still were there (in the same class, even). This is definitely a timeskip.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hina's so awful, it's great. I want to own a physical copy of this manga.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hina's grown a lot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Anzu is a good girl.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The part where he couldn't turn the freaking wheel had me in stitches. I love this manga.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I look forward to the revelation that Hitomi was actually born while her parents were on vacation in Hawaii.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I feel like a fasting Hina wouldn't have been able to use her powers anyway.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Anzu is such a good girl!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
she's so useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
that last page is so sweet :3: