Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Mortabis posted:

I would be shocked if this one's not classified.

Indeed it is~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Sacrilage posted:

Starting my last underway, it was downright 1940's on the boat; no tablets, no phones, no e-readers, no I-pods, no laptops, no gameboys, nothing. It's amazing how much those things made for quality of life, since most people don't have enough space for more than 1-3 books.

Holy loving poo poo are you serious?????????????????

D: D: D: D:

*this is not sarcasm, having an ipod was like the only thing that kept me sane and let me escape that place for a few minutes

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

You can bring a laptop, desktop, DVD player, XBox, three foot rubber dildo, whatever you want, if you can find a place to keep it.

Did you read the guys post who is still in.....

e: nm :P

whenever someones poo poo went missing I always just figured the cooks stole it because they are by far the worst and least trustworthy people in general on a sub imo

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 11, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

Yeah, wow

Just think about a multiple-month underway with only some crusty shared copies of Randy Grannies and memory jacks to keep you sane

Or even not having music for exercise / after watch cleanup

Ugggh

boy if they thought morale was lovely before!!!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

vulturesrow posted:

moker told me that sub life was a lot like the movie Crimson Tide.

Actually, it is just like the hit ABC show, "Last Resort"

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ded posted:

Very few people get to actually see out the scope. But I'm sure it has happened.

this might be new fangled technology but the ood guy or w/e would always take pics and upload them to the share drive so you could check stuff out from the scope

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Wingnut Ninja posted:

What kind of divisions/DIVO jobs are there on a sub? I'm familiar with an aviation squadron, but now I'm kind of curious how it's broken down on a sub. Do you have anything like a dedicated admin department?

Admin is run by an enlisted guy, ours was an e-6. They work in the yeoman shack and there were 3 on my boat(its a super tiny room, like 1/3 of the COs stateroom lol) the 2 junior guys also stood watch, usually stuff like helmsman or planesman....of if you're a nub/stupid as hell then you "stand" messenger

division officers are broke down like this: machinery, electrical, radiological controls, some reactor bullshit for ETs, auxiliaries officer(conventional MMs), and some coner stuff i don't remember but that is engineering divisions. i think i even got some of the nuke ones wrong haha

up forward I only remember like weapons officer(department head), navigator(don't think this is a department head??), and i think some sort of fire control officer who was in charge of torpedomen and FCs. there are probably more though I just never spent time up there

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 28, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Haha holy poo poo that post is way better!!!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
guess who caught the lint on fire!!!! (hint: it was a loving cook)

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

holocaust bloopers posted:

wait you can smoke on a sub :psyboom:

not any more

god drat pussy poo poo now man

BACK IN MY DAY everyone did!!!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
you just flip those bitches upright when you need to tie up, don't know the technical terms for any of it though lol

also we didn't keep mooring lines on the boat that i knew of, the dudes on the pier had them

engineroom during maneuvering watch is gay as poo poo I wanted to see the sun :(

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 29, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

holocaust bloopers posted:

"Shaft Alley" makes me think parts of the sub in terms of a city with bad neighborhoods and where the rich white people live, etc.

bro don't you dare talk poo poo about my watchstations

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
some lube oil piping runs through shaft alley ;) ;) :ssh:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Haha never even though about e-cigs, figured everyone just went to dip or murder

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

An RC sub would have to be the most boring toy ever.

Pretty accurate though :xd:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

this guy rules

i loved seein dudes so fat they were hydrostatically testing their coveralls all day

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
the only time that happened the cob loving raged and woke everyone up during the midwatch

also anyone that does that is a fuckhead tbh

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
the gotland was on out base for like a year, it came over on a ship, they didnt have overnight duty, swapped crews out, had beards, had hot swedish babes, could only stay at sea for a few days, would load beer for underways

basically gently caress them!!!!!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

We spent weeks at UQ. Our coners actually complained because they were getting behind on their crews-mess movie watching.

UQ means no after watch cleanup. One COB pushed for a 'patrol quiet' which was just like UQ only you still had the hour of cleanup, because "ORSE is coming." Made taking the spec op seriously a little harder.

We still did after watch clean up, field days, drill walkthroughs and training no matter what :)

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is beneficial. As long as it's dripping, you know there's fluid pumping in there. You can keep track of how much you need to add, but you always know that there's something in there.

It's part of why you don't climb into a helicopter if it isn't leaking oil around somewhere.

This right here is the dumbest thing I think you've ever said tbh

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
also kim wipes are mad loving ownage if you have to clean up oil and stuff enjoy your sponge or w/e

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
All i know is the stuff was spinning and I wrote the numbers down and then we told racist/homophobic jokes to each other :usa:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

:stare:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

What has working on submarines done to you, if you don't mind my asking?

it showed me how poo poo life rly was at a tender age

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
grover can you tell us some sea stories please

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Well it's not like you had better things to do. Besides, consider it training for a stores load. or something.

Where the gently caress did you put all that lead?

thats not really a great volume of lead mate :aspie: :imagiantqueer"

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Internet Storm posted:

when i complete my film and become famous im gonna explain to obama or whomever what a goon is and then you are all court marshalled for being anywhere near anything classified or nuclear

ok w/ me

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
a-gang were only cool coners imo

death to anyone in control

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
enlisted trash here, g-shock from the NEX

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

an aviator wearing a sunmariner

sunmariner haha, funny word for navy pilots imo :D

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

yeah i dunno if you wear a g-shock to that kind of poo poo obviously you don't know how to adapt to situations and she was in the right for questioning your readiness for that program

Lol

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
totally picked up a 668 bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Schlabbalabba posted:

I actually just brought that up to my old Eng who is in PXO right now. I assume turnover and dinner are at 1930.... how are you going to burn a flick if you cannot start until 2100....

#conerproblems

• Locked thread