Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Crow Jane posted:

To my shame, I haven't yet gotten around to reading:

So I decided to rectify that with a visit to my awesome local used book and record store (the owner has the single friendliest dog in the world. Every time I go in, he greets me at the door and follows me around for pets :3:). My copy is in nicer shape than the one in this pic, but it's the same edition. Can't wait to dig in.

I've heard so many people say "You aren't a true New Orleanian until you've read A Confederacy Of Dunces", yet I've lived here for 2 decades + of my life and I've never read it :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I just bought tickets to an Ian Anderson concert in July.

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013
I just bought a plane ticket to visit California in May. Two months away and I'm already really excited :3:

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I bought a Blu Ray player today!

as well as:

which is fitting because my first movies on VHS and DVD were also Disney (Fox and the Hound and Monsters Inc., respectively) :3:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

CrackSpider posted:

(It's a bandana!)

Where can I get this? :swoon:

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

Sandalwood when I wake up and patchouli when I go to sleep and everything else inbetween :3:

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The HMV in my town is closing down, which sucks for the cool people who work there but it does mean they're clearing out stock so I could get these 2 for £15.

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

My first brand new car - 2013 Nissan Pulsar. Sensible, safe, affordable and in no way any fun at all.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Geektox posted:

Wait...is the top actually not flat, or does it just look like that in the picture?

Because having the top of your DVD/Blu-Ray player flat is essential. Where else am I going to leave my stacks of DVDs/Blu-Rays/PS3 games that I swear I'll get around to putting back on the shelf "tomorrow?"

colas
Feb 14, 2007

KING EGG posted:

My first brand new car - 2013 Nissan Pulsar. Sensible, safe, affordable and in no way any fun at all.

I think you mean Nissan SENTRA. :911:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Geektox posted:

For a second I thought Sony had released pictures of the PS4 and you were being funny.

The Observer
Jan 16, 2010

gently caress the haters

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I bought a bunch of graffiti spray paint (not my picture, i bought other colors, and not as many, same brand though):

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

ANAmal.net posted:

Got drunk last night and pre-ordered a pair of these:

I live in Baltimore, and slapping the state flag on everything is kind of a local tradition. It's a cool-looking flag.

Maryland flag best flag. :hf:

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wait...is the top actually not flat, or does it just look like that in the picture?

Because having the top of your DVD/Blu-Ray player flat is essential. Where else am I going to leave my stacks of DVDs/Blu-Rays/PS3 games that I swear I'll get around to putting back on the shelf "tomorrow?"

It's actually not flat, but the incline isn't as steep as the picture would have you believe, so laziness still wins. :hfive:

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

New wheels for the '62, and new tires as well. 2 inch whitewall :D

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

The Observer posted:

gently caress the haters
It's a cool game. I watched my husband play through it and he had a lot of fun, which is saying something since I'm literally married to Eeyore.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

pepperoniroller posted:

New wheels for the '62, and new tires as well. 2 inch whitewall :D

Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

2 of them.

Why? Why the hell not. They were on sale.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

2 of them.

Why? Why the hell not. They were on sale.

My neighbors have a framed one of these and I'm insanely jealous.

For content, I bought this thing in a second hand shop. No idea what it is, but it's handmade and makes interesting noises, so I shelled out the four bucks. Apologies for the cell phone pictures.

I might end up passing it along to my dad, who collects folk instruments.

e: It's apparently called a door harp, and good lord, there's some beautiful versions out there. Now to find a spot for it.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Mar 16, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Crow Jane posted:

My neighbors have a framed one of these and I'm insanely jealous.

For content, I bought this thing in a second hand shop. No idea what it is, but it's handmade and makes interesting noises, so I shelled out the four bucks. Apologies for the cell phone pictures.

I might end up passing it along to my dad, who collects folk instruments.

My mom had one of those hanging on our wall when I was a kid...I think she made it herself, she was big into "crafty" things back then.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

kloa posted:

Where can I get this? :swoon:

Right here! :3:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
256gb Sandisk SSD

RIOT

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .
My old headphones are dying so I got a pair of awesome.

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?

It's everything I wanted it to be, goddamn.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Gift for a friend who fell in love with my Stitch case.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

After a year of driving one of the most impractical cars on earth, the Pontiac Solstice, I just traded it for a 12 Tacoma 4x4. My wife and I are also moving from SC to Windsor ON. I'm sure the truck will be more practical during Canadian winters.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Thanks, yeah, I really have no real reason to own a table saw, but I'd have to pay that exact same price just to rent one... So why the hell not?

It needs some cleaning up and WD-40 on some of the adjustment controls, but the blade spins free and fast.

That is a nice deal but do not use WD-40. It is a bad solvent and a worse lube. It is good as a water displacer and that is about it. For a general purpose spray you want this stuff:

It is sold as a gun cleaner/lube but is more or less what people think WD-40 is. It isnt the best at anything but is pretty good at everything. If you want a proper lube get some white lithium grease and never look back.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I just got back into town from Orlando, so while at Universal I picked up some sweet Harry Potter stuff. No pictures (don't have the stuff at my apartment right now), but I got Voldemort's wand and a shirt that looks like the one Harry wore in the fourth movie for the tournament.

Also grabbed this:

To further my Blu-Ray collection. Still have a bunch of Pixar movies to grab, but I got most of the hard to get ones so I'm kinda taking my time at this point (got the Short Films Collection Volume 1 on Blu-Ray a while back, probably the most difficult to find for those who care!). I've got a big list of other Blu-Ray movies I want to get, it's pretty tough keeping up with new movie releases and old box sets and whatnot.

Also bought a haircut! Was gonna do it a week ago but was lazy, finally pulled myself off the couch today and got it done. I also had to pick up some cold/nasal congestion medicine while I was out, got a bad sinus infection that I'm trying to nuke with meds.

I'm also getting back into some manga series' that I used to read back in the day, so I'm slowly but surely picking up volumes of One Piece. Just picked up volumes 7-9 today, waiting on volume 6 to come in the mail so I can read through these. It's really hard finding the older volumes, so I'm gonna have to really start resorting to Amazon a lot more at this point.

Also bought this Death Note box set on Amazon.

I've never read the series, but I've heard good things, so I'm pretty stoked for it!

Otm Shank
Mar 5, 2005
Mir raucht den Kopf!!!
Pretttttty sure I'm not getting into grad school, so I'm making myself feel slightly less terrible by spending all my money

Uh, but not with Di2

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A bottle of Royal Dragon vodka with real gold flakes inside:

A bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year old bourbon

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

I'll second this, first thing I bought with my new Credit Card because PayPal wasn't enabled until recently. Can't wait to play this game, I hope they really use the extra money to make it a huge and in-depth game.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

cyberia posted:

A bottle of Royal Dragon vodka with real gold flakes inside:

All I can see is a preserved Goauld.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
A big rear end box of Reef Crystals for the tank

This here book

Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress

This guy to put some music/movies/whatever on my phone

My Etymotics died and I wanted something with a shorty cable and good reviews to replace them with so I got some of these.
The comply foamies packaged with them are exactly the same as the ones I used on my Etymotics so they wont go to waste.

Sony Bluetooth adapter for said headphones so I'm not tethered to my phone

and a bluetooth adapter so I can use them with the computer as well!

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

2 tickets to this. Five Year Mission is a local Star Trek tribute band who I have seen many times. And I have been following The Protomen for years.

2 tickets to this. I love Clutch and The Sword. I narrowly missed a chance to see Clutch last fall, so I'm happy they're touring again so soon.

2 tickets to this. My coworker called The Vinyl Cafe "a low-rent A Prairie Home Companion". I think The Vinyl Cafe is way better. :unsmith:

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

I played Darkstalkers allot when I was a kid, such a great game and so glad to see it on Xbox Live.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

mlnhd posted:

2 tickets to this. I love Clutch and The Sword. I narrowly missed a chance to see Clutch last fall, so I'm happy they're touring again so soon.

I saw them last weekend, it was awesome. The Sword wasn't with them then though; it was a band called Orange Goblin who were one of the loudest things I've ever heard, it ruled

I did see Clutch and The Sword and Graveyard, who somebody was talking up earlier in the thread (last thread?), about 4 years ago and it too ruled. Clutch seemed to play a shorter set this time though, but maybe it just felt that way.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

mlnhd posted:

Also bought this, to see them in SF. I don't think it's with The Sword, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Trust
Dec 29, 2009

"the car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel..."
Just returned from travelling around the world with my other half, came home yesterday and after having not played them every night for so long I found I really really enjoy games again, so I scratched up the funds for a new graphics card to replace my GTS 250, modernizing my rig enough to tide me over

GeForce GTX 690, I am very pleased with how everything runs on it paired with my i5-2500k, although I am having a few small heat issues because of my tiny case and it being god drat hot in Australia.

Also I am now truly broke.

• Locked thread