Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

nocal posted:

Just in case anybody is attracted to this robotdick cigarette thing because of a lower risk of cancer: it looks like nicotine increases rates of cancer all by itself.

Butbut you can make it look like a NES controller and put a SKULL on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

nocal posted:

Just in case anybody is attracted to this robotdick cigarette thing because of a lower risk of cancer: it looks like nicotine increases rates of cancer all by itself.

Brick Shipment posted:

Because it's not like smokers should consider something with a lower risk of cancer if they intend to keep smoking in one form or another. :v: And they sure don't offer this stuff without nicotine, either!

Or you can just poo poo up the thread some more.

I bought sushi. It was good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Dalai Alana
Sep 28, 2001
If it weren't for disappointments, I wouldn't have any appointments

The Clowning posted:

Did some shoe shopping.

Ecco Corse

I'm not usually a boot person, but I'm really digging these. Where did you find them?

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Caitlin posted:

Because it's not like smokers should consider something with a lower risk of cancer if they intend to keep smoking in one form or another. :v: And they sure don't offer this stuff without nicotine, either!

Seems like warning people about cancer risk (complete with a citation) is not thread-making GBS threads.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Not saying the dude shouldn't smoke the drat thing, just that one looks horrendous. Yeah yeah, it's not mine, whatever.

Pencils. I never really liked these, but they were cheapish and I just wanna do some small stuff without having to clean up after pastels and paint.

... angel scented ink. :angel:

And an ipod thing, since the samsung one I've been using for about 6 years finally karked it, and it seems like there's nothing else on the market anymore. Crazy.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Caitlin posted:

I bought sushi. It was good.

What up sushi train buddy :hfive:

(dinner on Friday night)

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Brick Shipment posted:

It IS a NES controller ;)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

What was the name of the crazy sword throwing company again?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cold Steel?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

Cold Steel?

Yeah them! Couldn't remember the name and all the combinations I tried either brought up some guy's youtube game channel or I couldn't tell if I right crazy sword throwing company. They all look the same.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

The Dalai Alana posted:

I'm not usually a boot person, but I'm really digging these. Where did you find them?

I got them in an Ecco shop in Amsterdam. (And I almost bought them at an Ecco shop in a different Dutch city back in November.) Unfortunately, they seem to be hard to find online. Here are some Dutch websites that have them: Broekhuizen, Shoerama, Ziengs.

Searching for Eccos is frustrating because they use the same name for several different styles of shoe. My new shoes are called "Corse", but "Corse" also means things like this and this.

thethirdman
Aug 8, 2007
Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins. Leave death to the professionals.

Tulip Candy posted:

I've made a few of these. They are fun and I desperately wish I had had them when I was a kid because they just taste disappointing as an adult. Fun fact: I sent the hamburger one to a friend and it was the last "meal" she ate before her gastric bypass.

I made the burger kit once. They are less than a hundred calories and take about a half hour to prepare- I feel like you would be hard pressed to gain weight from eating them, given the labor involved!

For content:

Entry into the August 2014 Rickshaw Run. Two and a half weeks of driving an unsuitable vehicle on unreasonable roads. What better vacation is there?

thethirdman has a new favorite as of 09:30 on Mar 16, 2014

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

http://www.golite.com/Shangri-La-2-Tarp-P47002.aspx

Can't wait for this summer's backpacking trips on the Colorado Trail!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

beefnoodle posted:

http://www.golite.com/Shangri-La-2-Tarp-P47002.aspx

Can't wait for this summer's backpacking trips on the Colorado Trail!

Why is that tent shaped like that? I thought that shape was moved away from decades ago because flexible poles give more interior room. Does that have poles inside to hold up the tent?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

thethirdman posted:

I made the burger kit once. They are less than a hundred calories and take about a half hour to prepare- I feel like you would be hard pressed to gain weight from eating them, given the labor involved!

For content:

Entry into the August 2014 Rickshaw Run. Two and a half weeks of driving an unsuitable vehicle on unreasonable roads. What better vacation is there?

That looks so drat fun holy poo poo

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Coredump posted:

Why is that tent shaped like that? I thought that shape was moved away from decades ago because flexible poles give more interior room. Does that have poles inside to hold up the tent?

Doesn't look like it. You put it up with hiking poles or suspend it from mounting points like trees. It's for ultralite hiking.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sorry, but you guys throw down $50+ at those 3.50/plate sushi train places? drat I'm a light weight I usually just get a few pieces of fish and a roll or two. I don't have a train place to go to.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

colas posted:

Sorry, but you guys throw down $50+ at those 3.50/plate sushi train places? drat I'm a light weight I usually just get a few pieces of fish and a roll or two. I don't have a train place to go to.

A lot of them have all-you-can eat specials

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I've never gotten sick eating sushi but I'm still wary of getting overly full on raw fish.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
A lot of people don't eat kaiten-zushi alone. :ssh:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

colas posted:

Well my pic was 14 plates shared between three people but I think it's funnier to pile them all up and make it look like one big meal. Although my wife has been known to eat that much by herself if she's been working out a lot so ymmv :shrug:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If I posted every time I ate sushi I'd post at least three times a week.

But instead I post about bathroom stuff

Shower shelf

Accent tile

And 12x24 inch white tiles. One of these weeks I'll post the finish product, assuming it ever gets finished.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

cyberia posted:

Well my pic was 14 plates shared between three people but I think it's funnier to pile them all up and make it look like one big meal. Although my wife has been known to eat that much by herself if she's been working out a lot so ymmv :shrug:

That makes more sense.

I got:

Because you shouldn't have to wait and become an old man to smell like an old man.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Boughts me a stud finder, cause I'm gonna be putting up some shelves later this week hopefully.

Also, I love the amazon listing for the poorly photoshopped logo in the pictures.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Coredump posted:

You use hiking poles to hold it up. No need for dedicated poles. You can play with the angle of the poles to give more floor space.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

beefnoodle posted:

You use hiking poles to hold it up. No need for dedicated poles. You can play with the angle of the poles to give more floor space.

Does not having a floor on the tent really save that much weight/volume when carrying it in the pack? I feel like that's a silly thing to remove from a tent.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

New peddles for my bike

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Crain posted:

Does not having a floor on the tent really save that much weight/volume when carrying it in the pack? I feel like that's a silly thing to remove from a tent.

It's more a tarp than a tent in that regard, and it's just a different approach.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Crain posted:

Every ounce counts when your on the trail.

Mad_Lion
Jul 14, 2005

Got some screen protectors to go with my Moto G, and a replacement mouse, the Logitech M500. It's the same mouse I have, but my scroll wheel has crapped out on me and barely works anymore.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

New peddles for my bike

That is a very weird picture

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

beefnoodle posted:

I think the sleeping pad on the right may have gone a little too far in the quest to shave off weight, and I say this as someone who cuts the handles off his backpacking toothbrushes.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lilleput posted:

That is a very weird picture

You've never used chocolate wafers as a size reference? For shame

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

New peddles for my bike

So you peddle chocolate wafers from your bike I'm assuming?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

door Door door posted:

I think the sleeping pad on the right may have gone a little too far in the quest to shave off weight, and I say this as someone who cuts the handles off his backpacking toothbrushes.

Heh, yeah it's a stock photo. As a side-sleeper I couldn't imagine using that pad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

beefnoodle posted:

I love that whole setup but I could never use it in the region I camp because of spiders and snakes. :(

I finally bought everything for my new computer. Everything will be here today except the case :v:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($62.08 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z87M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer H276HLbmid 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($279.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1421.02
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-17 10:46 EDT-0400)

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Mar 17, 2014

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

To hide the end of the awful budget exhaust that was purchased last week.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vier posted:

To hide the end of the awful budget exhaust that was purchased last week.
That's the new Mac Pro, huh?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That's the new Mac Pro, huh?

Right? I'm gonna go and get some exhaust tips to sell on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Just got my preorder in! :circlefap:

Opted for the PS3 version - I'm holding out for a special edition Phantom Pain PS4 bundle (fingers crossed!)

• Locked thread