Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

A year of being able to watch Netflix in Korea... $70
Its a VPN service.

Awesome Capris

My favorite moisturizer.

A Fujitsu Primergy MX130S2 Server
Whitesheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

kzin602 posted:

My boyfriend has been going crazy trying to get a pair just like that, after the ones he got in France finally wore out. Did you get those online?

Or the brand name so we can try to find them.

Columbia Capris from Amazon.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
A couple tickets for a ride on this:

A couple nights here:

So I can chill with some people I know here:

And, get some cute new kicks:

Im going to Seoul this weekend to end my horrible cycle of studying junOS and being a lame hermit. Im going to be taking the high speed train, known as the KTX, up there. Ill be staying at the Dragon Hill Lodge, a military resort/hotel/thing. The third photo is of Hongdae, which is where all the crazy college kids go to eat amazing food and party. The fourth pic is Dongdaemun Market... New cute shoes and silly shirts ahoy!

And, this sticker for my bike helmet:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
New "running/working out only/not for errands" shoes:

Some Polo Shirts from Oldnavy:

Stupid study guide for work/professional development:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

colas posted:

Wow, at first I thought this was a 'shop. Could I actually learn something from this or are there pre-reqs/core essential type stuff I'd already need to know? Like 3D Jurassic Park Unix or something.

CEH is for people that have a good ammount of prior experience. Its not a "how to hack lawlz" kind of certification. It also has requirements somewhat similar to CISSP in its "vetting" process, such as letters of recommendation from individuals with the cert already.

If youre interested in Penetration Testing and are actively working in the IT world, especially private sector, I would suggest looking into CPTE...
http://mile2.com/penetration-testing-ethical-hacking/cpte.html

The CPTE has received NSA and CNSS validation and is starting to become a valued certification. Not to mention it delves deeper into the actual practices that a penetration tester or incident responder would see on a daily basis.

If you work in the Information Assurance world CEH is the cert that will get you a very nice job; along with CISSP or CASP. Logistically taking this cert is kind of a pain in the butt though. There is more stuff here: https://www.eccouncil.org/Certification/certified-ethical-hacker

CEH is the cert most individuals that work in "federal service" like to get. However, for me its a pathway into another agency and a new career path. Luckily DOD is gonna foot the bill, hah! THANKS OBAMA... no seriously, thanks.

PM me if you wanna learn more!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Palpatine MD posted:

I really love hot food and have been a religious user of Sambal my whole life. I've been reading good things about Sriracha hot sauce but never found the stuff in regular super markets (posting from the Netherlands). Finally found the Goose Brand variety yesterday and am now addicted.

Is this Goose Sauce hotter than the "normal" Huy Fong brand Sriacha, AKA: Rooster sauce?

I love my current Sriacha, but it just isnt hot enough.

Also, I bought a bunch of scary pills. And, a fuzzy blanket.

Edit: I suck at image sizes...

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Finally got my mini-Sous Vide setup running!

Im just testing it out so far, but if it can maintain 150F for 3 hours Ill start using it tomorrow!
Im thinking eggs at 145F for a few hours and maybe some nice salmon.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
This stupid book that makes my brain parts hurt:

A bottle of this:

A couple more cute polos:

Some really stupid cute claw earrings/studs:

And, an emote on that Something Awful forums site:
:toxogond:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

cyberia posted:

And then I got some sweatshirts for my wife so that she'll tolerate me spending the next week glued to the new TV:

Best husband on the planet ever.

As for my content:

I got a hotel room in Busan near Jagalchi Fish Market for two days. Im gonna eat some Whale and a bunch of other really yum raw sea buddies.
Pics are coming in the next few days!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

I ate seafood in Busan and the restaurant just had toilet paper rolls on each table for use as napkins.

Thats normal, napkins are expensive and wasteful. If im wearing shoes and the ahdjimah speaks English, I dont wanna eat there!

Complaining about differences is the height of lameness. Embracing new things and trying something youll never get to try ever again is the sauce that makes life so tasty!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Hellbeard posted:

It's curious the amount of interest the self defense/weapons issue is causing but guys, if you have some point of argument- go ahead and make it.
I understand you're juvenile, inexperienced, lack the capacity to think things through and must have live sheltered lives in an autistic environment but just saying "you're crazy and made of poo" doesn't really contribute anything to the discussion, such as it is, nor challenge the veracity of the things that I've written.

I'm being truthful about how I think about things.
Granted, I have some ideas that might seem unusual but I believe they hold up to scrutiny and have logical cohesion. I'd love to hear a divergent opinion or a challenge to my rationale because I can use that to form a better framework of understanding but just "guu guu guu you're a lunatic" has no meaning. Go ahead and imagine my reply to these one liners as "—and you're a oval office". If you have something of substance I'll probably address it if mods don't think it's outside the thread topic too far away.

Trabant- I see why you would feel embarrassed by the idea that a person can be honest about what they feel.
Do you think it's wrong to be afraid?
Unmanly or detached from reality? Not everywhere provides the same level of personal security. If I were in a crime ridden area of a dangerous country I'd probably be pissing myself if a leaf fell on me threateningly. Being vicious is a feature of being a human being. Mammoths didn't extinct themselves, wars don't conduct themselves without participants. Under the right circumstances the most timid human will be a dangerous animal- it's what we are.

The word array might be funny to you somehow but I believe it's apt in the context.

TenementFunster- People fall victim to violence everywhere, everyday. It's a lottery draw, you probably won't "win" but the odds are there. It's not unhinged to carry some measure of defending one's self or at the very least being aware that the possibility exists that the need may arise. I think statistically it's probably less crazy than buying a lottery ticket or a scratching card- one may happen more liklier than the other.

senf- Since cynicism ill conveys itself in text and given the majority opinion seems to be that you need to be a psychopath to own or carry a baton (but not a firearm or a knife) I wonder do you agree with what I've written or find it somehow faulty?

I gotta be honest with you guys I'm very baffled by the backlash about the purchase of a fancy stick.
Or is it my demeanour?

Someone might think that owning a Kanye West shoe is important and another person can like some other type of thing. Life has different interests, different temperaments and folks are apt to be drawn to some and not the others.

That I'm different from you is not really reason enough to deride me.
Unless, you are so insecure in what, who, you are that you need to point a finger and insult someone to shore up the image of yourself within what social pressure allows you.

EDIT:
I don't like to think of it as my "EDC" but the items I like to have on hand with me every day are:

-a first aid kid, band-aids, anti histamines, advil, tourniquet, bandage, disinfectant, gloves.
-sketchbook and drawing implement: pens, pencils, markers sometimes.
-a flashlight and a headlamp.
-mace and stick
-a rescue tool with complementary gloves in case I find myself in the scene of an accident (a much more likely emergency scenario)
-a small wrench, a leatherman surge with bits and a length of rope
-a small blade for opening letters, cutting string, boxes etc. etc.

So far the main benefactors of my having this stuff have been an injured lizard and a mole that ran on the street(I put him on the dirt by the side of the road thanks to having the gloves). I did try to save a bird that was hurt but unfortunately it died. The tools come in handy very often for opening, closing bolts, repairing some odd thing on the go. The lights are also very useful.

Edit 2: style.

Yep, sounds like your average brainwashed SFC to me. Tell us more about the dangers of life and how your ASP will help.

Self defense tools for people other than public service are the adult equivalent of a teddy bear.

I bought some Tokyomilk Dark hand cream. It smells amazing.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I was in the Marines for 5 years, and in my experience people that carry knives, batons, tazers, and mace are usually the kind of people you want to stay away from.

In the Army for 6 years, and what Booty said. Tacticlol people need to stay in the American South East.

As for some stuff Ive bought recently.

Non-comedongenic facial moisturizer

link

Under eye cream THAT BURNS LIKE DEATH! But, it makes my dark circles diminish.

link

Really nice smelling hand creme that I talked about earlier when making fun of that spergy doofus.

link

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dyslexiactic posted:

Finally retired my 7 year old gym shoes. So much has changed and I felt old trying to figure out how to design these :smith:.

I have these same ones but in pink and grey. They are great track and trail shoes and the sole has lasted quite a while even though its pretty pliable. Good pick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

ov posted:

Bill Cosby is a rapist. Have fun seeing a rapist! Good job supporting a rapist. I hope your dad loves seeing this rapist in real life.

"Beep zoop glibbity bop with the jello pudding and the suck muh dick. Roooody!" - William "crakah rape" Cosby

• Locked thread