Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Great little box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Anker Astro mini to give me another full charge for those long summer days outside.

Awesome, ordered for an upcoming vacation. Thanks.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Android Bicyclist posted:

Got me a couple concert tickets.

July 18th at the Oregon Zoo.
I've heard nothing but amazing things about his shows & I vaguely remember watching some documentary/short film about his tour.

Thanks for the heads-up! I didn't know he was touring. Now I have tickets for Boulder.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

rockcity posted:

Just ordered five sets of blinds for my new place. Went with solar roller shades for both of our offices and blackout rollers with side channels to block out all outside light since my wife has trouble sleeping with any light creeping in. (not my photo, but these are the shades)

Some more details, please? I have moved into a new room for my home office, and the old shades aren't cutting it in full sunlight (and it's only December!)

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

http://www.golite.com/Shangri-La-2-Tarp-P47002.aspx

Can't wait for this summer's backpacking trips on the Colorado Trail!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Coredump posted:

Why is that tent shaped like that? I thought that shape was moved away from decades ago because flexible poles give more interior room. Does that have poles inside to hold up the tent?

You use hiking poles to hold it up. No need for dedicated poles. You can play with the angle of the poles to give more floor space.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Crain posted:

Does not having a floor on the tent really save that much weight/volume when carrying it in the pack? I feel like that's a silly thing to remove from a tent.

It's more a tarp than a tent in that regard, and it's just a different approach.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

door Door door posted:

I think the sleeping pad on the right may have gone a little too far in the quest to shave off weight, and I say this as someone who cuts the handles off his backpacking toothbrushes.

Heh, yeah it's a stock photo. As a side-sleeper I couldn't imagine using that pad.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

This:

To watch this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Erudite Sybarite posted:

1950's Singer Table

1938 Singer 15

Cool stuff! My house is full of old Singers and tables from my Mom, who collected & restored them, but forgot to sell a whole bunch.

Content:

Extra-large dog crate, depicted dog not included.

• Locked thread