Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Artix posted:

It's really interesting to see this side-by-side with the FE8 LP (and play Awakening), because a lot of their mechanics got cribbed from FE2. Also, it's kind of weird to see fighters using swords, but I guess that's where the inspiration behind Alm's DLC Class in Awakening ultimately came from.

As far as the DLC class goes, Dread Fighter/Demon Fighter is actually Alm's final promotion in this game. The armor even kind of matches what's in Awakening! And some of the animations are sweet, but that'll be a while yet. :3:

Anyway, neat to see a detailed LP of this going up, especially with Alm's DLC having just shown up in Awakening, the Bonus Box team for Gaiden also being out in the US, and with Celica's DLC probably arriving in a couple of months, on top of the fact that this is all not entirely irrelevant for Awakening's backstory. For those keeping score at home, yes, the map music used in Lost Bloodlines 2 is the battle map theme for this update, and the combat music is the Alm's player combat music.

Good to see a detailed LP of this happening, though. This is a pretty relevant game when it comes to discussing modern Fire Emblem, because yeah, a lot of the more popular recent titles crib a lot of mechanics from this game, after Mystery of the Emblem and the Jugdral & Elibe games left them fallow.

And as sparse as the characterization is, it also features the best female protagonist, equal or better to Lyn, so there's that, too. :colbert:

Looking forward to more of this, it's off to a good start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Digital Jello posted:

I was never able to finish this Fire Emblem (quit around the Sofia Castle point), as I found it pretty hard. I too am looking forward to seeing what this installment had to offer. I've read on various forums that it's a "black sheep" of the series, but so far, things look fairly entertaining.

The real issue is that the plot sort of... falls over on itself toward the end of the game. The ending is especially hilarious about this.

So:

Gray: Mage
Cliff: Mercenary
Robin: Cavalier

Get some variety in there. :colbert:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Is this LP still alive, by the way? I've been enjoying it so far, and I can't wait to see you get to the Dracozombie. That was a hilarious fight in the previous LP.

Silver Falcon posted:

My god, those growths! And on the "main" character!? Oy.

Older Fire Emblems had low growths in general; that's where the idea of getting "RNG-screwed" really comes from, because it's very possible to get completely empty, meaningless levels. The really high growths (and accompanying high stats) are a recent phenomenon.

The good news is that the game is balanced around those low growths, so unless DKII gets properly screwed, he'll be fine.

• Locked thread