Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Florida Betty posted:

White smoke, that means they've elected a new pope peep!

HABEAS PEEPAM! :catholic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

You're going to like the way you look...I guarantee it.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I'm not musical at all..so I can't tell if there is more to the joke than just impossible to play sheet music. I mean it's funny as is, but I can't help but feel I'm missing the rest of the joke..

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
That's the slowest thing ever, but you have to count every beat because you will eventually play one note.

It's a joke based on how some pieces will give an instrument ten god drat minutes of rests before chiming in for one phrase and then loving off for another 100 measures

This happens to me a lot :saddowns:

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Not only that, but the timing keeps changing every other measure or so and when you finally do play a note, it looks to be a ridiculously fast note.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

That's the slowest thing ever, but you have to count every beat because you will eventually play one note.

It's a joke based on how some pieces will give an instrument ten god drat minutes of rests before chiming in for one phrase and then loving off for another 100 measures

Do you play cymbals? Cannon?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Are you a percussionist? I am, and since there are so many mallet instruments anyone who isn't a marimba or vibraphone, depending on the piece, usually doesn't get much play. I was on chimes once and I had a six-note phrase in a two hundred measure piece. And that was all.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I played alto sax in a couple of classically-focused ensembles. In modern pieces, saxes get the spotlight and can just do whatever, but since the sax wasn't invented until 1846 all you have are rearrangements of famous pieces that use a bit here, a bit there. In those cases there's a lot of just waiting for 56 measures before you eventually come in for a short phrase that lasts like 14 measures and then it's back to resting again. :(

http://upsidedowndogs.com/

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Trumpet and French horn player. :smug:

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Here's mine:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This is supposed to be a promotion for a commercial real estate agent but it looks more like an ad for a gay wizard's drinking club.

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!
All cats are the same, at least when it comes to boxes.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
That needs to be a thing. I want to see more wild cats in boxes.

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

There are several Youtube videos of people attempting to play this (complete with penguins).

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Stoatbringer posted:

There are several Youtube videos of people attempting to play this (complete with penguins).

Does it sound like an orchestra falling down a flight of stairs?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Liar Lyre posted:

Does it sound like an orchestra falling down a flight of stairs?

It's not a great sound, but it's good to watch someone try.

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

Edited for removal of nudeness.

PepperSinclaire has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Mar 13, 2013

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Uh, I think you have to link that?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

PepperSinclaire posted:

God dammit, tumblr (bodypaint on naked woman alert):

What the hell tumblrs have you been following?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

PepperSinclaire posted:

NWS only covered by spoiler

I edited the OP slightly because of you.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Yeah just spoilering that isn't enough. Using the Android app doesn't honor image spoilers and wholly hell is that NWS.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Yeah just spoilering that isn't enough. Using the Android app doesn't honor image spoilers and wholly hell is that NWS.

It's a nice pussy though :colbert:

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

Sorry thread, thought the spoiler tags would be sufficient. Here's a ridiculous hat instead:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

As if cats weren't enough trouble, now we have to worry about tiny deer trampling our keyboards?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Brother Jonathan posted:

As if cats weren't enough trouble, now we have to worry about tiny deer trampling our keyboards?
It looks like a dik-dik.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
So, uh, trying to do math: It looks like the Tempo marking dictates that a single 262144th note gets a time marking of .00000401 bpm. A single one of those 262144th notes happens .0000000668333333 times per minute, meaning that a single one of those 262144th notes takes about 14,962,593 and a half minutes, or nearly 28 and a half years, to sound?
The first complete beat, all by itself, then, would require over seven million years to go by... and then you'd have to do 287 more of those beats, just to complete the first full measure.
From there, just repeat that length of time 148,712,983,481,265,251,835,652,752,518,261,015,991 more times (one hundred and forty eight undecillion!?) until you've finished the very first line.

The second line asks you to slow the tempo down a bit. :) (Please, someone more mathematically minded than me correct this... I know I goofed somewhere!)

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I feel this image is so much funnier without the quote. I've never seen something that both speaks for itself and has nothing to say at the same time.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I actually thought it was accurate, and conveys quite simply the sound of the end of the universe.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Some more music:

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
^^^

It's like ASCII art with music notation :).

Here's a pretty good attempt at playing it live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgT94A7WgI

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Taking that "just got out of bed" look to extremes.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Stoatbringer posted:

I automatically assumed you were referring to videos using music from some video game and billing it as that piece, but there actually is a music teachers' group giving it their best shot. It's mostly a gag as the piece is legitimately unplayable (sorry, you are not allowed to stack whole notes in a pyramid or glissando to another note several measures previous), but it looks like they're having fun and it definitely was pretty entertaining.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Stoatbringer posted:

I'm having a hard time finding any - there's a famous remix called "U.N. Owen was Her?" but I can't seem to find the original anywhere.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I don't know what these fish are, but they are perfect for responses on message boards.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jasta posted:

Taking that "just got out of bed" look to extremes.

I'd say it's more of a "just got out of a ravioli" look.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Calico Heart posted:

I'm having a hard time finding any - there's a famous remix called "U.N. Owen was Her?" but I can't seem to find the original anywhere.

Haha, what? Those two songs aren't related in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

I just posted one!

• Locked thread