Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Crasscrab posted:

This is why I always steer clear of geese. They're just huge dickheads looking for trouble.

I learned that lesson well when I was ~6 and was eating a PB&J sandwich in the park with my brother and a goose strolled right up to me, took the sandwich from my hand and bit my finger a couple of times for good measure.
Geese are the worst and I would love to punch that loving poop machine now.

poo poo, new page.

:nws:[Probably old] Content:nws:

NWS for part of some dude's dick.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

ilysespieces posted:

I learned that lesson well when I was ~6 and was eating a PB&J sandwich in the park with my brother and a goose strolled right up to me, took the sandwich from my hand and bit my finger a couple of times for good measure.
Geese are the worst and I would love to punch that loving poop machine now.

poo poo, new page.

:nws:[Probably old] Content:nws:

NWS for part of some dude's dick.

Years ago my sister was at a park with her two small kids when a goose went after them, trying to peck at here infant son. Se grabbed her small son under here arm and tried to flee, pushing the stroller with one arm and kicking at the goose. As she gets close to the parking lot these two guys run over and fight off the goose.

They then go over to her to make sure they are all ok and then one of them offers to go get a gun out of his car and kill the goose "you know mam, for vengeance". My sister declined their offer.

I guess southern womanhood needs constant protection from horny foreigners after all.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I have never been attacked by geese what the hell is in your guy's water

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Geese are never not violent, lovely creatures. I've had way too many fishing trips ruined by angry geese or their poo poo making the river bank very unpleasant. gently caress all the geese.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an old killer"

Farecoal posted:

Geese :v:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I've never had geese attack, but they've only stopped by where ever I've run into them on the way south in for the winter. They are poop machines, though.

That's a duck, isn't it?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yes, note the yellow dog face mask.

Not gonna lie, that looks like a :krad: party.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Fucknag posted:

I think that's a Goose wearing a poor dog's face as a mask.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Not gonna lie, that looks like a :krad: party.

Sunglasses + plastic lei? :cool: Hell yeah.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Farecoal posted:

There is a group of geese that hang out in a major river near my folks' place. They are docile because two elderly ladies in the neighborhood keep them loaded with breadcrumbs every day, and then once a year these old ladies whack a few of them for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

Anyway, it was some moron's bright idea to have geese at a petting zoo my daycare took me too when I was five. I was minding my own business when this goose chased me down and bit me in the rear end.

My dad often took me fishing at this local lake, and one year it was overrun with geese. Still traumatized by my experience a few years earlier, I was pretty scared, but my dad was good at keeping those fuckers away. One time though, these geese came out of nowhere, swaggering like a bunch of gangsters. One of them charged me, and my dad kicked it square in the rear end. It took a big poo poo as it tumbled through the air. gently caress that goose.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jidohanbaiki posted:

It took a big poo poo as it tumbled through the air.

Deer are like this too. I dunno what it is about their biology that causes it, but geese and deer are like pressurized bags of poo poo that go off at the slightest provocation. Kick one, hit one with your car, poke one with a stick, KABOOM and you're cleaning poo poo out of every little crack and corner in a fifty-foot radius.

e: yeah, a lot like the above image :stare:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Geese look extremely easy to kill and probably delicious, just sayin'

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
^ Exactly.

jidohanbaiki posted:

There is a group of geese that hang out in a major river near my folks' place. They are docile because two elderly ladies in the neighborhood keep them loaded with breadcrumbs every day, and then once a year these old ladies whack a few of them for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I was taking my son for a walk in his stroller at the park when we were attacked by geese. Without provocation one of them went straight for my son and I kicked it hard enough that it smacked into a hot dog stand and broke its wing. I'm a bleeding heart idiot, so I bundled it in a blanket football style and walked half a mile to the nearest vet to get it help, it bit me four times along the way. Once he was secure and Wildlife Rescue people were on their way, I started back to the park. When I got there we were attacked again, so I kicked another goose. That one didn't get help, bitch should have paid loving attention.

gently caress a goose.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
At my school some girl kicked a goose and was expelled. Whether it attacked her or she just kicked it for shits I have no idea, its been forgotten over time.

I hated trying to avoid the millions of piles of poop laying everywhere across campus.

I did like when the geese would play king of the hill with the buildings. They'd sit on the corner of the roof and honk loudly a bunch declaring it their turf :3:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Never forget!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I'm just going to go ahead and leave this here...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/newspaper-and-magazine-layout-disasters

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MeLKoR posted:

Never forget!

Lance Armstrong, a self portrait

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
As obnoxious as Geese are, I'd rather deal with them than stupid rear end in a top hat Turkeys.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jesus christ I have tears in my eyes from the last 2 pages of geese stories.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
It's weird, I encounter geese multiple times a week on the golf course and the business park where I work, I've never had a problem with any of them. They will cross the street and gently caress traffic up without caring, but why should they care?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Hey, are pictures okay in the bird chat thread?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

These pictures I took at the weekend seem relevant:

For reference these were taken with a 300mm lens, so I was nowhere near the crazy fucker when he decided to go for me.

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

So dignified, so majestic...

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

So dignified, so majestic...

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Please disregard.

Wait a minute, I see other pictures with text even on this page . . .

Literally Esoteric has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Apr 22, 2013

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Wrong thread.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Killer robot posted:

Hey, are pictures okay in the bird chat thread?

Why you hurt Goosio?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Sanford posted:

These pictures I took at the weekend seem relevant:

For reference these were taken with a 300mm lens, so I was nowhere near the crazy fucker when he decided to go for me.

Took this with a 200mm, tho I did get pretty close, they were honking a bit, looked disturbed, I was pushing my luck though.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

D C posted:

Took this with a 200mm, tho I did get pretty close, they were honking a bit, looked disturbed, I was pushing my luck though.

Lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes...

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

D C posted:

Here is how to photograph geese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Brother Jonathan posted:

Here is how to photograph geese:

The only thing geese fear: Swans.
Sadly this man died after being viciously beaten to death by a real swan.

• Locked thread