Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think the funny is supposed to be the fresh bronies delivered daily.

Yeah, but the poster mentioned he also didn't know what a Zhill tuxedo was...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think the funny is supposed to be the fresh bronies delivered daily.

Yes, but I am glad to have the mystery solved! I cannot account for the brony thing other then maybe they left the register unattended and someone changed it? An unattended ATM in Chinatown is how I got my eternal phone homescreen:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bunnielab posted:

Yes, but I am glad to have the mystery solved! I cannot account for the brony thing other then maybe they left the register unattended and someone changed it? An unattended ATM in Chinatown is how I got my eternal phone homescreen:

Maybe it was supposed to be brownies?

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

VanSandman posted:

...pride parade or Star Trek convention?
Those happened on the same weekend in my city before (well, a comic convention). It was fun to see the bleed over, but not this fun.

BerkerkLurk has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Mar 13, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Polo-Rican posted:

Actually, yes, this is true!

Yep! I didn't make a penny off the business cat meme, so can someone please make Bunny Ears Hat Cat a worldwide sensation so I can cash in big time? Maybe something about Confused Identity Cat? Whatever! Thanks in advance!

Maybe you should ask business tips from your cat.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

PainterofCrap posted:

What about the crucifix imbedded under his her :shrug: skin?

(edit) and he's in Klingon makeup?

GAA

I live in a very... Let's say tolerant... area of the city, and I've learned that pronouns in the English language are woefully inadequate.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hogge Wild posted:

Maybe you should ask business tips from your cat.

I wouldn't. He's shady as gently caress.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

My Lovely Horse posted:

The saddest thing, knowing you could pull off the greatest Yoda cosplay but liking Star Trek better.

This costume is just right there for the taking and he passed:

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
made this a while back for some reason & just found it..

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It's aatrek's greatest conundrum. Little startrek dude is too old but just the right size.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I think I recall that couple posted elsewhere a long time ago in different costumes; they're lesbians

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

There's a reason they call it Knifecrime Island

Good old British Dollars.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Polo-Rican posted:

Did you make this or find this?? That's my cat!
Found! Your cat is an untrustworthy meme.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is that Stratfordshire pottery? Recently read a book about the real-life crime that led to the development of English crime fiction in the Victorian Era and learned about these: major events would be interpreted in these pieces, so say a royal got married or had a baby, there was a piece for that. But scandalous events would get pieces too, sometimes decades later as an event became more twisted over time and public consciousness. That's why you got stuff for the Red Barn murder depicting the barn, the victim, and the muderer. Some of the larger pieces with multiple figures would have only be available to the rich.

With no Internet or TV and much of the population illiterate, this was how some events would be portrayed. This would be like having a ceramic depicting George Zimmerman gunning down Trayvon Martin. You invite your friend over for a drink and discuss the murders and all the news and rumor surrounding it. Ain't no thing! :stare:

Edit: here's a good article on the subject - sorry if this isn't too funny but I find how people communicated popular ideas prior to widespread literacy and modern communication technology fascinating.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Mar 14, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Is that Stratfordshire pottery? Recently read a book about the real-life crime that led to the development of English crime fiction in the Victorian Era and learned about these: major events would be interpreted in these pieces, so say a royal got married or had a baby, there was a piece for that. But scandalous events would get pieces too, sometimes decades later as an event became more twisted over time and public consciousness. That's why you got stuff for the Red Barn murder depicting the barn, the victim, and the muderer. Some of the larger pieces with multiple figures would have only be available to the rich.

With no Internet or TV and much of the population illiterate, this was how some events would be portrayed. This would be like having a ceramic depicting George Zimmerman gunning down Trayvon Martin. You invite your friend over for a drink and discuss the murders and all the news and rumor surrounding it. Ain't no thing! :stare:

Edit: here's a good article on the subject - sorry if this isn't too funny but I find how people communicated popular ideas prior to widespread literacy and modern communication technology fascinating.

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/lol-tray/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Imagine an allegorical representation of your post with "A Good Post" written on the pedestal.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Things like this are the reason why I'm convinced the local Pottery Barn burning down a few years ago was arson.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DrBouvenstein posted:

This costume is just right there for the taking and he passed:

I don't even think that's makeup; that's just regular Clint Howard ugly.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
that is a $28 t-shirt

I'm not really looking for that kind of commitment right now. We should just be friends.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

that is a $28 t-shirt

I'm not really looking for that kind of commitment right now. We should just be friends.

threadzoned again

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

The Staffordshire pieces are a hell of a cool subject but I'm surprised that author knows so little about pottery that they think the guy firing the kiln maybe had like uh a couple ways to check the temp sort of, I guess, and aren't they quaint. Pottery is about a billion years old and we've had very accurate measurement methods for kilns since way before the whole Republic of Rome vs J. Christ scandal. :v:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Can you guys in the US dispense fuel automatically without having to hold the trigger in ? I keep seeing this in movies.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Finally, some proof that girls get gas too.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Fozaldo posted:

Can you guys in the US dispense fuel automatically without having to hold the trigger in ? I keep seeing this in movies.

If I understand you correctly: yes. There is this little wedge that is attached to the trigger that can be set up against usually 2 or 3 different 'stops' and it holds the trigger up for you. Thank you simple machines.

In fact, you get so used to using this little wedge that when you hit a gas station that has them removed you can get pretty annoyed. Hold my own gas trigger in with my hands? Ain't nobody got time for that! #1stworldproblems

Fake edit: Some states removed this. I think it may have had something to do with forgetting to put the nozzle away and driving off, ruining the pump, or gas station mishaps.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Mar 14, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

dialhforhero posted:

If I understand you correctly: yes. There is this little wedge that is attached to the trigger that can be set up against usually 2 or 3 different 'stops' and it holds the trigger up for you. Thank you simple machines.

In most states. In Hawaii (and I think California), this is not present, so you do have to hold the trigger the whole time.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dialhforhero posted:

Further to this, it would depend on the state. I think there are still states where you can't legally pump your own gas much less do it on auto. In Canada, or at least in the province I grew up in, we had the wedges for a while until we didn't. Then people just used their gas caps instead until they changed the lengths of the tether (or else did away with the cap entirely).

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

hooah posted:

In most states. In Hawaii (and I think California), this is not present, so you do have to hold the trigger the whole time.

It's this way in MA and VT too. I remember when you could just leave it on, it was a perfect time to wash the windows!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Shampoo posted:

It's this way in MA and VT too. I remember when you could just leave it on, it was a perfect time to wash the windows!

Exactly! Or when I was using YNAB regularly, perfect time to get the transaction set up.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

hooah posted:

In New Hampshire, it's not illegal, but the little indented plate things are broken off most of the time and you have stand there freezing your balls off and holding the goddamn thing.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Sounds like getting gas in New England sucks balls.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Shampoo posted:

I remember when you could just leave it on, it was a perfect time to wash the windows!

Or pop a quart of oil in the engine if you drive an RX-8.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

dialhforhero posted:

Sounds like getting gas in New England sucks balls.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

hooah posted:

California definitely still has it. I didn't even know they made them without.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Did too many people blow themselves up? Is that why some states don't have them? My state does. :smug:

content

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Aerox posted:

California definitely still has it. I didn't even know they made them without.
It definitely varies by county, maybe even city. One gas station I used to go to had the sign claiming they had to be removed, but no other gas stations in the area removed them. Oddly enough, that one gas station went out of business shortly thereafter.

//edit: that's not a funny picture, though.

This is how:
vv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFKOD3KRkZs vv

Artemis J Brassnuts has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Mar 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What stops morons from leaving it in too long and spilling gas everywhere?

• Locked thread