Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Rules
READ OR DIE.

1. General forum & subforum rules apply, including but not limited to the below, which bear repeating:

No catchphrases.
Use appropriate punctuation & capitalization, and do not use "AOL speak" with the lol's and the rofl's and the idgi and the hibberty jibbert jello jigglers.
No image leeching (use imgur or consult the sticky at the top of the forum).
Single emoticon replies are generally a lousy idea, though they may be pardoned in certain cases. Do you feel lucky?
Observe forum guidelines for image size (1024px or larger needs to be thumbnailed).
:siren: Observe forum guidelines for NWS images: NWS images should be tagged like so url. It is helpful if you include a short explanation of WHY the image is NWS, so that those of us who are okay with seeing a nipple but not an anus can decide whether to click. :siren:

2. Don't derail. Yes, the megarule is dead, but please try to keep stuff on topic with the images being posted. This is not the place for your feelings about politics, anime, religion, or grammar. If you have an issue with someone, report it and don't post.

3. If the image isn't funny unless you explain it, it probably isn't funny. A succinct explanation is fine, but do include it. If it's not funny unless you know the full history of that anime or sport or whatever, just don't post it.

Actually, let's just say no anime altogether. It'll only lead to tears.

4. No memes or macros. There's a thread for those.

5. No gifs (unless on topic). There's a thread for those.

6. No videos (unless on topic). There's a thread for those. If you DO post a video, be sure to add a description, even for embedded links.

7. No pictures featuring you, your hilarious friends, your pets, your family members, etc. It's not funny and your face is dumb.

8. No screencaps, webcomics, FACEBOOK, or images with more text than visual funny. Moderator discretion will be enforced here on that last one. eta: Funny text on packaging, "Engrish" and the like, are allowed.

9. If you post something against the rules, you don't get to cancel it out by adding another picture "just in case." E.g., if you post a macro and also a picture of a baby dressed as an octopus, I will laugh at the octopus baby, and then I will probate you anyway for posting a macro.

10. No bitching about the megarule or lack thereof: If you have an issue with thread rules, take it to the stickied PYF QCS thread. Whining about it here just adds to the unfunny bullshit that makes you miss the rule in the first place. (added 01/30/2012)

11. "I don't get how that's funny." Shut the gently caress up and go away forever. Just post funny things, or interesting responses, or a suicide note if you really can't think of anything better to do with your time than complain on the internet about someone else's taste in images that make them go "heh." (added 10/27/2012)

And finally, a two very special guidelines:

Try to post funny images. The megarule is dead; you no longer have to have a picture-any-picture-oh-god-don't-probate-me. Show that you are pleased by posting well, and avoid repeats.

Yes, it's a brand new thread all empty of posts. That does not mean you need to feverishly repost "classics" from other threads in days gone by. Simply continue on with new content.

Sighence has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

stubblyhead posted:

Uhoh you forgot the thing EPW said to include :ohdear:

I don't know what you're talking about. :ninja:

Brother Johnathan posted:

Old thread links
A good, if waffle-pockmarked, idea. Mind if I OP those links?

This is an alligator with a prosthetic tail. They failed to balance the tail properly, so they had to stick a floatie on it to get it to work right.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20130307phoenix-alligator-prosthetic-tail.html

e: better/original(?) link

Sighence has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Mar 11, 2013

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

PepperSinclaire posted:

NWS only covered by spoiler

I edited the OP slightly because of you.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

razorrozar posted:

Tell me that is not an actual mouse sex doll. I need to hear this. I desperately need to hear this.

It's not an actual mouse sex doll. It's a hamster sex doll.

Solus posted:

Two of them :pervert:

Nah, one on the right's a rabbit, and the one on the left had drat well better be the same one as the first picture.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Alright I'm not trying to say three-year-olds are geniuses, but what kid eats the candle? :psyduck:

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS posted:

Anyone have the series of pictures where there's a dude in the park in a dog costume and in the last picture it reveals that the "tail" is a buttplug and its hanging out of a hole in the rear of the costume? If I remember right he's near children

:staredog:

I think you want to ask that in awkward/ugly.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

thread posted:

Sex toys

:catstare:

Gonna need some NWS tags. Not that I myself mind but I'm sure there are people out there that would.

e: Some people found a way to make foosball even less fun:

Sighence has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Apr 11, 2013

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

NorskHotDog posted:

So am I the only one that thinks it is some chicks cleavage and not a butt?

You can see the jeans at the very bottom of the hole.

(Take your pick of which hole I meant.)

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

1 posted:

'Cos goons have a reflex to respond to puns with more puns.

Don't think that you got away with this one. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

This is a funny picture because...it's a price increase of five dollars?

This is a funny picture because it subverts the trend of seeing stickers like that that reduce the original printed-on-the-tag price, not increase it. It may not be the height of comedy, but you can manage a smirk.

Sighence has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Dec 2, 2013

• Locked thread