Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Anyone that's lost a fight with a goose or swan did so because they didn't want to hurt them, or didn't know how easy it is.

I hunt, mostly birds. Turns out you have hands and birds only have wings, necks, and fragile bones. Grab the bird's head, make a fast exaggerated circle motion, then snap it at the end. Congratulations, depending on the bird involved you have either snapped a it's neck or decapitated it entirely. Please cook it well, and eat what you've killed, or give it to me.

Even if they don't want to kill the bird involved I'm amazed we don't have more videos of people punting them. Big birds have resilient chest, lots of muscle there, but that would get it away from you.

This whole discussion came up in another thread, and basically led to this post.
One one side you have a 12 pound bird with delicate hollow bones and in the other corner you have a 150+ pound primate with dense bone structure and powerful musculature for pulling and climbing.
The primate is going to tear the bird apart every time.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I'm not sure if you realize that most people have no experience with killing animals. I'd try to punt any geese coming at me, but it would never occur to me to try and snap their necks.

Really? They've got these long, slender necks! Just channel your inner angry primate and rip and tear!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Isn't something like that illegal/dangerous?

Well its certainly immoral. Bowhunting is not a very ethical way to take medium sized game like deer.

Oh, and the legality of posing in a tree with a bow depends on the State, location, time of year, and purpose of posing.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Larry Horseplay posted:

Try loading an .apk on an iPhone.

I'm not sure why everyone went crazy for that game, its just a Helicopter clone with Angry Birds/Mario art assets.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Nitrox posted:

What the gently caress is flappy birds and why is having an app installed, matters in a sale?

LeJackal posted:

Its just a Helicopter clone with Angry Birds/Mario art assets.

For some reason it got super popular on Reddit or something, and sales skyrocketed. The creator wigged out, claiming the popularity 'destroyed his life' and pulled it from the stores Sunday. So now the only way to play it is to have previously bought and installed it.

That is it in a nutshell.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Rhyno posted:

They also have those awesome accents there.

Don't forget the good food.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Bundle of Keys posted:

I think his foot is caught in a trap. :ohdear:

Yes, he's in a leg-catch trap.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

The humor is derived from the fact that starvation and desperation haven't set in enough for it to chew its own leg off! Like that one climber guy!

Well somebody took that picture, I'm hoping before humanely sedating that poor little fella and putting a radio tag on him for the purposes of benign science.

Don't murder my dream, okay?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Ozz81 posted:

I hope not...I mean drat, he's got a whole Billy Dee Williams suave vibe going there, much better than what he ended up being :smith:

I have to agree, he looks pretty handsome and stylish - even his retro 80's fashion looks sharp. I wish he had gotten some help before things spiraled too far. :smith:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A big raccoon will gently caress a cat up, so they should have called Kevin Rose (the raccoon hurler of Youtube fame) and paid him to come gently caress up the cat. I mean, if he can hurl a raccoon down some stairs, he can do it to that cat as well.

Have some gifs of the incident, courtesy of me.

Fun trivia, his dog is named Toaster.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Koivunen posted:

This is not funny. That poor raccoon.

No sympathy for the dog it was mauling, eh? Considering that Kevin Rose could have easy used his big booted feet to stomp it to death, hurling it down a stairwell was probably the least harmful way of separating the animal from his dog. You know, the dog it was mauling.

LeJackal has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Mar 13, 2014

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Wojcigitty posted:

New shipment of raccoons is in guys! Help me unload the truck.

I have never been prouder of my nascent gif-making prowess.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

If you like Dark Souls (and who doesn't?), have a fun video to go along with that song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfv3cYJBEY

I like this one better. You don't need to like League of Legends to enjoy it, but it helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9XZQttjc-g

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

This owns bones and its sad that this is still highly needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

By some weird coincidence I just made a Sexy Male Cosplay megapost in the PYF cosplay thread and that was one of the few sexy near-nude male superhero costumes I hadn't posted. This one had a very similar Batman:

:spidey:
:yosbutt:

You can't link to the post? :qq:

• Locked thread