Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Even if she wasn't unfaithful, it's still humorously trashy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iraqniphobia posted:

According to this study 83.9% of doctors surveyed had performed elective surgery on family members.

Well when I was a little kid my father, a doctor, used to do surgery on me on a pretty regular basis

i think that's probably what taking out splinters counts as

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jidohanbaiki posted:

It took a big poo poo as it tumbled through the air.

Deer are like this too. I dunno what it is about their biology that causes it, but geese and deer are like pressurized bags of poo poo that go off at the slightest provocation. Kick one, hit one with your car, poke one with a stick, KABOOM and you're cleaning poo poo out of every little crack and corner in a fifty-foot radius.

e: yeah, a lot like the above image :stare:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Just content-aware-filled it, so it could be better, but I like to think about these things in the context of answering "grandpa, what did you do when you were young?" and "well, I spent an hour photoshopping starfields into the background of pictures of ugly people to make a joke on the internet"...

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Apr 25, 2013

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

CombatInformatiker posted:

"And why didn't you invest in Eastern Poland?"

"I'm sorry, grandson. I was too busy improving on the photo of ugly people while avoiding my actual responsibilities."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This one, above all the others, is china.jpg

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

No, it's just a model from Ukraine who has really huge weird eyes.

http://englishrussia.com/2012/10/22/unusual-ukrainian-model/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Placid Marmot posted:

Never mind the apostrophe, the word should be "passers-by", not "passersbys". The grocer in question probably didn't believe that "passers-by" was already plural.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/william-safire-orders-two-whoppers-junior,3351/

quote:

NEW YORK–Stopping for lunch at a Manhattan Burger King, New York Times 'On Language' columnist William Safire ordered two "Whoppers Junior" Monday. "A majority of Burger King patrons operate under the fallacious assumption that the plural is 'Whopper Juniors,'" Safire told a woman standing in line behind him. "This, of course, is a grievous grammatical blunder, akin to saying 'passerbys' or, worse yet, the dreaded 'attorney generals.'" Last week, Safire patronized a midtown Taco Bell, ordering "two Big Beef Burritos Supreme."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Holy poo poo, is this where that meme came from?

Also I can't stop cracking up at a dejected Ron Weasely saying "I stay at the man-made products misusing institute" :saddowns:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Brother Jonathan posted:

Could be worser:

(click for full size)

Ugh, I went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago and the entire family beside our table was just like that. Looked like mom, dad, aunt, uncle, five kids between them, and grandpa; everyone except grandpa spent the entire time staring into their laps and screwing with their iPhone/android/iPad/PSP between poorly aimed bites of food. Grandpa looked dejected for a while then started reading a newspaper with a grouchy expression on his face. :smith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pork Store Cafe is a perfectly reasonable name for a diner.

And a place in the Castro called "The Sausage Factory", well...let's just say did you notice "Moby Dick" right around the corner? That isn't an accident either.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

I bought a Steven Seagal energy drink years ago at an airport because I was exhausted and thought it was hilarious. It stopped being funny when I drank it, most disgusting thing I've ever had.

Doesn't the Asian eXperience one have some kind of caterpillar in it? Or maybe it was a fungus that infects caterpillars. I know there was something to do with caterpillars in Steven Seagal's energy drink.

Incidentally, Seagal is now the official face of the Russian arms industry.

No, I'm not kidding.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2013/jun/05/steven-seagal-russia-arms-firm

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My dad loves Steven Seagal, and keeps renting his new movies (they come out every couple of years direct-to-video like clockwork) even though they're invariably terrible. I have been saying for years that he must be deeply in debt to the mob, or something, and they're forcing him to make the movies to pay them back, because there's no possible other explanation for why they keep happening.

This pretty much just confirms it. It wasn't the Italian mob, it was the Russian black-market arms dealers all along.

(He snaps a lot of necks and breaks a lot of bones in his movies for a Buddhist, too)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fucknag posted:

It wasn't about slavery or niggers or racism at all, it was about state's rights and self-determination. GET A CLUE MORANs!

It was, actually. One of the initiators of the separation was a debate about whether a state had the right to strip incoming immigrants of their personal possessions, if said possessions were legally acquired in another state. Guess what possessions the south was concerned about.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The only people who still text like that are those who can only type like 10 characters a minute on their phone. So, 50 year olds who send five texts a year, and 8 year olds who just got their first cell phone. Everyone else at least only abbreviates a few words here and there.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Len posted:

The guy in a tuxedo wearing a cowboy hat in a church walking the bride down the aisle.

Northeastern Ohio is a little out of the way for that sort of thing, but "man in a suit wearing a cowboy hat" is a totally accepted everyday sight in other parts of the country. In this case it's basically just regional costume. Don't make fun of other people's cultures.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This one's completely real, though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Racist white people just don't want to admit that on the whole white people actually are better off than black people. So they invent things like this to feel hard-done-by. Notice that their solution to inequality isn't to help those on the bottom, it's to invent something that shows that they don't have to help at all cause it's actually already equal didn't you know.

Countdown to someone saying "well, if you don't admit that 'cracker' is as offensive as n-, that's reverse racism :bahgawd: "

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Naggers".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It dates back to at least Elizabethan England, when it referred to a braggadocio who talks too much. From King John (Shakespeare): "What cracker is this ... that deafes our ears / With this abundance of superfluous breath?"

The poor Irish and Scottish immigrants down the eastern coast of the USA in the 18th century were called crackers because apparently they bragged about themselves or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_cracker

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Trips posted:

Yep, that's a dog in a beekeeper suit.

What if he has to pee?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think there was a thread, or at least a derail, about that particular annoying aspect of movie posters.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stayne Falls posted:

I thought the joke is that the sign is worded poorly so it seems like they're saying someone who WILL have diarrhea within 14 days of using the pool should not use the pool.

Yeah, that's what I got from the wording too.

Though I also think that "is having active diarrhea" also conjures up the image of someone trying to get into the pool while they're making GBS threads uncontrollably all over the deck.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Killer robot posted:

Do you remember?

President 's Choice (the house brand of Canadian grocery chain Loblaws) has a whole bunch of products themed that way. Memories of Saigon marinade, Memories of Athens feta cheese, and so on. I think this is a case of their marketing department going :effort:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Trips posted:

A friend of mine from college was booted once for parking in the faculty lot (to be fair it was his 5th or 6th such offense) but campus security did such a piss-poor job that he managed to take off the wheel, replaced it with his spare, and just drove off. Kept the booted wheel as a trophy.

The original thread is down, but here's a repost of a legendary VWVortex thread. A guy had a nazi HOA that hired an external security company to give parking tickets, and they booted the guy's own car in front of his house. So, as a gearhead who was planning to do a bunch of engine work on the car anyway, he raised the car up onto rolling dollies, pushed it into his garage, and left it there with the boot still undamaged and attached. Lots of fun ensues when the company starts calling the police on him for "stealing their property", to which he says "come and take it, I don't want it anyway" but they refuse, and the cops respond that since he's not holding the boot against the parking company's will he hasn't done anything wrong. :allears:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?s=16abc9b43711c8e5582ca7ba2b641058&p=3060584#post3060584

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's how you know if it's an intentional goatse reference or just a picture of hands pulling something apart. This person is clearly not trying very hard.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pageerror404 posted:

Sadly all of these are fake.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I feel like that's way too many fries even for that many people.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've been to 44 states, and this road sign is my all-time favorite:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KillHour posted:

Yes, it's confusing when you use two different (mutually exclusive, I might add) pronouns to refer to the same person in one paragraph. It's the same as switching tenses mid sentence.

Perhaps you should try not being a raging autist? I cocked my head the first time I read it, and then after a second or two it made sense. Get real.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I know that in some cultures it's good luck to get poo poo on by a bird, especially on certain occasions, so maybe it's a good-luck hat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Terminal Entropy posted:

It just needs crabs and it would be perfect.

And, you know, HIV. Seems like kind of a big one to leave out.

e: genital warts are caused by HPV, so those could have been integrated into one :spergin:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ah, those come up all the time in yospos (I think you posted them maybe) and every time I see them I want a pet fishimander. :3:

e: those are the red things in the first image, looks like these ones are cropped

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Until I understood what was going on, I thought that baseball-cap-fedora was a fedora meant to be worn with the high-up women's-style ponytail all these horrible goons seem to choose. (In the rare circumstance that a man can pull off a ponytail, it has to be worn very low, near the nape of the neck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stormageddon posted:

This is fantastic.

You know who else was vaccinated as a child? Albert Einstein. QED

• Locked thread