Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

And since Trader Joes is basically Aldi Nord and the stores you know as Aldi in the US is Aldi Süd, I think you won't see both of them in one area. It's either Aldi or Trader Joe's.

Near my house, there is an Aldi, a Trader Joes, and a Whole Foods, all within a mile of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

stubblyhead posted:

Cheladas are pretty tasty when done with regular old tomato juice, but I loving draw the line at clam broth.

Yes. Guatemalan style micheladas are fantastic with lager, tomato juice, lime, worcestershire, and black pepper. I had one of those Budweisers with the clam juice, and it was gross. But I'll eat clams all day otherwise.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pope Mobile posted:

It's Hellmann's and Best Foods all over again :argh:

Hardee's and Carl's Jr. :argh:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

AlphaDog posted:

I kept a goat for a while when my friend moved between farms. It climbed trees, ate every weed in the garden, and communicated via gentle headbutts. Goats are awesome, but apparently it's against the law to own them in suburbia :(

In a recent softball game I played in suburbia, the house next to the field had a goat. It ran around with their two dogs in a normal sized fenced in suburban backyard. I guess it depends on the town.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

Play / dominance. If you don't train them out of it, they'll happily headbutt people as well as other goats. My mom and her husband have goats. It quickly goes from "cute" to "visit the ER" as the goat will just keep escalating.

How do you train them out of it? Put on a crash helmet and assert your dominance?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Don't blame Florida. They contracted the sign out to some illiterates in Alabama, if I remember correctly.

Who is illiterate now? Or who was illiterate in 2003, rather?

source: http://nces.ed.gov/naal/estimates/index.aspx

Edit

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

You mean Arkensaws?

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Florida Department of Transportation had some explaining to do when Florida was misspelled on an Interstate 95 exit sign in Jacksonville.

First Coast News ( http://fcnews.tv/162VpwY) reports the signs being installed along I-95 were produced by a sign manufacturer in Arkansas.

The mistake was spotted on a sign set to go up at the J. Turner Boulevard exit. Florida was misspelled twice on one sign. It says University of North "Flordia" and "Flordia" State College South Campus.

A spokesman for the sign company told First Coast News it will fix the mistakes for free.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/03/3482934/florida-misspelled-twice-on-interstate.html#storylink=cpy

:smugdog:

Full disclosure: I am from NJ, which is more illiterate than Alabama and Arkansas, but less illiterate than Florida.

FogHelmut has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Jul 3, 2013

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ariong posted:

Okay, I give up. What's so funny?

Black slaves in America picked cotton up until about 150 years ago. Therefore black scientists in Germany working on cotton science is a racist image.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

trapped mouse posted:

"The only reason to defend a female artist (or any woman) is for the possibility of sexual gratification"

That's basically how evolution works.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I've been meaning to ask the pet island types for years but never got around to it, but what the gently caress is up with dog teeth?

Wolves and huskies have these pretty, straight, almost manicured looking teeth with fangs, and every other dog looks like it got curb stomped and smoked meth and drank cola for a living.

Mostly inbreeding.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Humboldt squid posted:

With hot-dog nipples.

What kind of sheep is that?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

How the gently caress were those things ever popular? I remember when I was a kid my friend had a pair that I could almost fit my entire body in one pant leg.

When I was in middle school, if you didn't wear those, you weren't cool. You could easily fit a 2l bottle in the front pocket.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fighting okra.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

How about SUV's or CUV's?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

big business sloth posted:

Isn't GoT supposed to be a loose allegory for middle ages era British/European history?

The War of the Roses mostly.

efb

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Soulex posted:

These were all over my old hometown of Crestview, Fl. There was Skittles, Smacks, and frosted Flakes. I always got so loving annoyed seeing them. I never got the point in dropping thousands into a car.

This is why.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Captain Trips posted:

You got duped if you paid for that, it's a goddamned whisk.

I paid $1 for one on Amazon, shipped. Although its probably made from some exotic Chinese radioactive metal.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This happens in every city.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ishamael posted:

Yeah, traffic was a mess, my 35 minute commute took almost 3 hours. Luckily I avoided the set of the Walking Dead there, that was a bit north of where I was traveling.

Basically here they don't have any snowplows, the de-icing trucks are a joke, and no one has snow tires on their cars. It's just a catastrofuck as soon as it starts coming down heavily. I am from the Buffalo area and I had a hell of a time staying on the road, so it isn't just the result of people unused to snow. The roads are just all iced over and dangerous as hell.

This happens in the north and we just deal with the lovely commute and don't set our cars on fire.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Khazar-khum posted:

I tell people that earthquakes feel like standing next to the road when a big truck rumbles by. But unlike snow, they just show up with no warning.

I was on the 25th floor of a building when the east coast earthquake hit a couple years ago. You don't feel any trucks up there, but when the floor starts to feel like you're standing on top of a giant quivering jello mold, its time to get out.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I had to look this up because what the gently caress.

quote:

Definitely amongst the strangest looking behaviour i have caught on camera, as far as i can tell those are the bones of the bird's neck being pushed forwards through the bottom of it's mouth.

Why? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

They look like time travelers from the Great Depression (except not starving).

Despite being destitute dirt farmers, travelers from the Great Depression actually had pants that fit properly.

• Locked thread